HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radio pranks enrage Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 01:24 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 436
Radio pranks enrage Flyers

I am not sure if this has been posted, I just read this:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/new...s/s050104d.htm

Old
05-02-2004, 02:17 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
the rest of canada doesn't consider toronto to be part of it anyways

Last edited by GKJ: 05-02-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old
05-02-2004, 07:18 AM
anonymous*

Their coach players and fans playing dirty? When will they try to win without all the petty B.S.? It definitely shows a severe lack of confidence in your team when you feel the need to disrupt the opposition off the ice.

Old
05-02-2004, 08:05 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
These people know we're from Philadelphia right?

Old
05-02-2004, 11:45 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

This radio station does this kind of thing all the time..... they said yesterday that security at the hotel has been stepped up to prevent it happening again.

I would think that if a Philadelphia radio station did the same thing to the Leafs, Flyers fans would think it was pretty funny. I hardly think it's something to get worked up over.

The fan in the street hollering at Hitch might need psychiatric help though.... what a jerk!

Old
05-02-2004, 11:52 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
This radio station does this kind of thing all the time..... they said yesterday that security at the hotel has been stepped up to prevent it happening again.

I would think that if a Philadelphia radio station did the same thing to the Leafs, Flyers fans would think it was pretty funny. I hardly think it's something to get worked up over.

The fan in the street hollering at Hitch might need psychiatric help though.... what a jerk!
if you've ever been to toronto, you'd find most leaf fans are at their best behavior when they are being jerks.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:55 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Come on folks simmer down

I dislike both the Fylers and Leafs so im not bias lol

But yelling at coaches can be fun. Im sure there are some Philly fans who would heckle Quinn.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
if you've ever been to toronto, you'd find most leaf fans are at their best behavior when they are being jerks.
I don't want to start a "flame war" or whatever it's called at this point but could you be anymore then ridiculous?

First of all, you're a Flyers fan. Stereotyped for being the being the biggest "jerks" (polite term) in hockey. Secondly, Toronto if anything is to passive. It's pointed out each and every day by your basic Leafs haters. They say we're to quiet in our own building therefore not real fans etc, etc. You can't have it both ways and make sense so make up your mind.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:24 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
I don't want to start a "flame war" or whatever it's called at this point but could you be anymore then ridiculous?

First of all, you're a Flyers fan. Stereotyped for being the being the biggest "jerks" (polite term) in hockey. Secondly, Toronto if anything is to passive. It's pointed out each and every day by your basic Leafs haters. They say we're to quiet in our own building therefore not real fans etc, etc. You can't have it both ways and make sense so make up your mind.
Walk down a street in Toronto with a video camera you have obnoxious guys jumping into the shot yelling "GO LEAFS! WOOOOO!" (see every episode of conan while he was in toronto) walk down a street in Philly with a video camera you won't get that. Not because there aren't great fans in Philly, but because people have better things to do than jump around like jack***es at the site of a video camera.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49

That's some hotel they got there in Toronto, or whatever the town is... I wish they would name the hotel that way if I ever find myself banished northward I'll make sure to steer clear of it.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Walk down a street in Toronto with a video camera you have obnoxious guys jumping into the shot yelling "GO LEAFS! WOOOOO!" (see every episode of conan while he was in toronto) walk down a street in Philly with a video camera you won't get that. Not because there aren't great fans in Philly, but because people have better things to do than jump around like jack***es at the site of a video camera.
What the hell is wrong with supporting your local team?

Old
05-02-2004, 12:28 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
What the hell is wrong with supporting your local team?
There's a difference between support and being an ass.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
There's a difference between support and being an ass.
So how is jumping in front of a camera and shouting "GO LEAFS GO" being an ass?

Old
05-02-2004, 12:30 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Flyers got off easy compared to the Islanders a couple seasons ago. The hotel shut off the hot water to the half of the hotel they were staying at and construction on the roads outside ths hotel was scheduled, beginning at 4:00am.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:32 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
So how is jumping in front of a camera and shouting "GO LEAFS GO" being an ass?
You just answered that one yourself mate.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
You just answered that one yourself mate.
No I didn't. I can see if it was somebody making a home video, but if a television crew is strolling down the street, in the midst of the playoffs, I don't see anything wrong with a couple of fans trying to show their support on television. When fans start jumping onto other players in the penalty box, thats when I would start classifying them as obnoxious. Not that I'm generalizing or anything.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
How about that guy that jumped into the penalty box with Domi...wtf was that. At one of the games last year, a single leaf fan was attacked by 3 or 4 surrounding flyer fans.

Leaf Fans = enthusiastic
Flyer Fans = Crazy Jackasses [a lot of them]

Old
05-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_tml89
How about that guy that jumped into the penalty box with Domi...wtf was that. At one of the games last year, a single leaf fan was attacked by 3 or 4 surrounding flyer fans.

Leaf Fans = enthusiastic
You = Homer.

Both fans are enthusiastic about their team. You don't go intentionally waking up and sabotaging your opponents before a game. Flyer fans get ... excited, and I know a lot of decent Flyer fans who dislike the more radical element. I also know a bunch of Leaf fans who would view this as a disgrace - not to their team, but to those fans and this idiot announcer in Toronto. Frankly, this whole incident is just stupid.

I do think, however, the "enraged" is a bit strong for the Flyers' reaction to this whole mess. I think amused is a better response.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:31 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
I do think, however, the "enraged" is a bit strong for the Flyers' reaction to this whole mess. I think amused is a better response.
Exactly. Hitch thinks the whole thing is great, and I'm sure the team could really care less. Clarke and Eddie just love to get riled up anyways, so don't take them *****ing as them making this a big deal.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Douggy

Too bad they had to do something this dumb, but Radio hosts ahve done a lot worse recently.

And if anyone is ever in Toronto, Edge 102.1 is IMO the best Radio Station in Canada.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:35 PM
BlueBlood17

Quote:
That's some hotel they got there in Toronto, or whatever the town is... I wish they would name the hotel that way if I ever find myself banished northward I'll make sure to steer clear of it.
They are staying at the Fairmont Royal York, one of the most famous and luxurious hotels you will ever find.

The Dalai Lama and his entourage are staying in the same hotel this week. Go down there, and you will see the amount of security and police they have in place for the DL's protection.

All the resources of hotel security I'm sure are being much more focused on him, rather than the Flyers.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Rex88

Quote:

Leaf Fans = enthusiastic
Nice.
The guy fell through the glass because he was a lardass. Yes he did think about mixing it up with Domi which is idiotic.
Your generalization just shows your ignorance.
Both sets of fans and cities are passionate about hockey which is great and not the norm for alot of cities even with NHL teams. This gets over the top when the players, staff or family get accousted at any point at the rink or otherwise. Cheer or boo all you want but keep it around game time.
If this is too much for you go back to the Leafs board.

Old
05-02-2004, 02:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:

Leaf Fans = enthusiastic
jumped into the box? does the feed up in canada distort your vision? he was drunk, he leaned on the glass and he fell in. that is not jumping in. besides MeIdiot started it all by squirting the water.
Yeah and there has NEVER been a case where a bunch of Leaf fans jumped a Flyer fan or a fan of an opposing team. take off your bluetinted glasses for once.

Old
05-02-2004, 02:35 PM
z0llie

beating up other teams fans isnt right, but if you go to a game in philly and are vocal for the other team, what else do you expect?

Old
05-02-2004, 02:58 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:

Leaf Fans = enthusiastic
Wow, should I be suprised that I hear that type of comment from a Leaf Fan....

It is funny how you think Leaf fans are so good.

I went to every Leaf game this year(in buffalo)and all I see is thousands of leaf fans getting drunk and starting fights during the game at an opposing team's arena.

rick_tml89=

Closed Thread