HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radio pranks enrage Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Too bad they had to do something this dumb, but Radio hosts ahve done a lot worse recently.

And if anyone is ever in Toronto, Edge 102.1 is IMO the best Radio Station in Canada.
Lots of Def Leppard and Hootie and the Blowfish. Don't forget lots of Rush and Styx too... always 10-20 years behind

Old
05-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I went to every Leaf game this year(in buffalo)and all I see is thousands of leaf fans getting drunk and starting fights during the game at an opposing team's arena.
:
It's not our faults! Blame the damn Canadian beer! Taste's so good.....betcha can't drink just one!

Old
05-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Teezax

WHAT A *** GAME BABY!!!!!!!!
iT COULDN'T HAVE GONE ANY BETTER
Anyone have an update on Esche and Malakhov, doesn't seem good for Silent Bob..

Old
05-02-2004, 05:13 PM
LeafsAllTheWay

This is a reply to the thread: The leafs sue do own the refs

From the nhl rulebook: (a) Any contact made by a stick on an opponent above the shoulders is prohibited and a minor shall be imposed subject to section (b) of this Rule.

Had to post here b/c i wasnt allowed to post in the other one.

Old
05-02-2004, 06:33 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
Lots of Def Leppard and Hootie and the Blowfish. Don't forget lots of Rush and Styx too... always 10-20 years behind
I think you're confused about the radio station - maybe you're thinking of Q107? It is exactly how you described..... pretty certain I've never heard Hootie or Styx on the Edge.

Old
05-02-2004, 07:10 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I think you're confused about the radio station - maybe you're thinking of Q107? It is exactly how you described..... pretty certain I've never heard Hootie or Styx on the Edge.
Correct...102.1 is modern rock, Q107 is old school.

Old
05-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Correct...102.1 is modern rock, Q107 is old school.
Q107 is 102.1's brother station I think. Run out of the same building.....and MOJO Radio is their AM counterpart.

Old
05-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Article
Flyers center Jeremy Roenick had a similar incident happen to him during last year's playoffs, but the savvy 16-year veteran looked through his door's eye hole to see someone holding a plant. He quickly filled a bucket of water from his hotel room sink and threw it on the unsuspecting prankster.
That's how you handle something like that!

Old
05-02-2004, 09:43 PM
FearTheFlyers

YOu think this whining and board invasion by Leaf fans is bad now? Imagine if roles were reversed in this situation.

Old
05-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
YOu think this whining and board invasion by Leaf fans is bad now? Imagine if roles were reversed in this situation.
I think it's pretty funny either way!

Old
05-03-2004, 05:16 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
The Flyers are expected to return to the Royal York on Monday if a Game 6 is necessary on Tuesday night. If that is the case, the players are expected to book their rooms under aliases to avoid similar disturbances.

I can just hear JR when he steps up to the counter to check in:

"Hello......my name is, um, Art Vandalay....."

Old
05-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Coburnfan05

IMO that stuff was pretty funny, but the Hitchcock thing was very untastefull.

Clarke said Hitchcock was also verbally abused by a rabid Maple Leafs fan on his way from the Air Canada Center to the Flyers' hotel a block away after a practice this week.

"A car pulled over to him and this idiot sticks his head out and screams, `You're lucky you weren't walking in the road, you (bleep), or you would have been run over.'

http://www.southjerseynews.com/issues/may/s050104d.htm

Old
05-03-2004, 04:01 PM
fighterflea1*

A radio guy like this Todd Shapiro is a gutless puke. Following coaches into a restaurant with a bullhorn, what crap is that? Someone takes a swing at him and he calls his lawyer. Values his own privacy though, mobile off-the-hook. You defend him, you're the same kind of sleaze. He needs someone to dance on his face.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
jmstace

I am not defending the radio guy - but come on, you guys are acting like this is the first time something like this has ever happened and that it only happens in Toronto. Sure following Hitchcock with a bullhorn is stupid, but this kind of stuff happens all the time in the playoffs and in every playoff city. Get over it already.

Old
05-04-2004, 12:44 AM
daynus

We will get over it

The best way to handle it is to _itch slap the Laffs and help them continue to be great golfers. And when they do come back to philly to play get even with them, show them what the city of brotherly love is made of to a bunch of morons from toronto.

Old
05-04-2004, 10:15 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
And now this might lead to a court case?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/new...s/s050404c.htm

Old
05-04-2004, 10:28 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus
The best way to handle it is to _itch slap the Laffs and help them continue to be great golfers. And when they do come back to philly to play get even with them, show them what the city of brotherly love is made of to a bunch of morons from toronto.
Ummmm....... if we slap them silly tonight, they're not coming back to Philly (unless you're talking about regular season next year).

Old
05-04-2004, 10:30 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
And now this might lead to a court case?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/new...s/s050404c.htm
This morning on the radio, they were hoping to run into Hartsburg to ask for an apology - I'd be shocked to learn that any legal proceedings follow.

Old
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
GoM

Stereotypes suck. Yes, I'm a die-hard Leaf fan. Yes, I have respect for other team's fans - until anyone makes me think otherwise. Then, I don't have respect for that one person, but anyone else is still fine by my standards. That's how I thought during the Ottawa series, that's how I'm thinking during this series, and if the Leafs go on, it's how I'll think in the next series. I hate the Flyers, but I don't hate the fans because of it. It's much easier to say 'screw Flyers fans' and label them all based on a few - I'm not doing that. I never have. I never will.

Old
05-04-2004, 11:00 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
What the hell is wrong with supporting your local team?
Stop beating on the team1200 guys here in Ottawa now okay

TO is just as bad...

Old
05-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Stop beating on the team1200 guys here in Ottawa now okay

TO is just as bad...
Yep, your so right. I mean knocking on a door or calling someones room is just as bad as alledging that someone beats their wife.

Last edited by Savage: 05-04-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old
05-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Yep, your so right. I mean knocking on a door or calling someones room is just as bad as alledging that someone beats their wife.

They're both trash but Shapiro's an instigating little #####. Charges, with the courts as tied up as they are. This guy was lucky he didn't get more. Stations should be able to be sued for this . Might at least curb the behaviour a tad. Don't think the late night knocking is as bad as the Donut shop but I know who I'd be visiting with a ski mask if I was Spezza....joke or not what Shapiro did to him was a crime and he needs his punk ass kicked for it.

Old
05-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
They're both trash but Shapiro's an instigating little #####. Charges, with the courts as tied up as they are. This guy was lucky he didn't get more. Stations should be able to be sued for this . Might at least curb the behaviour a tad. Don't think the late night knocking is as bad as the Donut shop but I know who I'd be visiting with a ski mask if I was Spezza....joke or not what Shapiro did to him was a crime and he needs his punk ass kicked for it.
I know this guy needsto grow some balls...If you are going to harass someone you had better be able to pay the piper. Instead he is going to try and hide behind a law suit...what a puss puss.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:41 PM
fighterflea1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I know this guy needsto grow some balls...If you are going to harass someone you had better be able to pay the piper. Instead he is going to try and hide behind a law suit...what a puss puss.
30 years of age is a little late for him to be growing some marbles. His antics shows a guy who never grew beyond his teenage years. Case of arrested development. In his Waltery Mitty world, he's part of this playoff. If you see it as normal, then your 'normal' looks pretty bad. Shapiro needs a check-up from the neck-up. Judge doesn't throw that case out, makes its own statement since Shapiro is the best reason I know for a restraining order. I said it earlier, he's a gutless puke.

Old
05-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage

No offense intended here because both are ******** and their stations are no better for letting them get away with it but...someone yapping on the radio is trying for ratings and people talk about people behind their backs all the time...Shapiro was attempting to instigate a confrontation in person between He and Hitch...and then he talks about charging him. I'm a Canadian taxpayer and don't want this gearbox getting ratings at my expense...especially when he's breaking the law to do it. :mad:

Closed Thread