HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kouivu news..not suprising

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
kouivu news..not suprising

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/ne...y.asp?id=82344

man he was banged up worse than thorton..bruised lung too?..

Old
05-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Marchy79

And that... Is why he's the Captain.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:38 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
And that... Is why he's the Captain.
THE captain!

Old
05-02-2004, 01:41 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Captain Courageous

Old
05-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Beakermania*

I don't ever want to see another Trade Saku thread ever again.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:53 AM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
He's the man. How does he do it? I'm just glad he does!

Rock on Saku!

Old
05-02-2004, 10:21 AM
habitual_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/ne...y.asp?id=82344

man he was banged up worse than thorton..bruised lung too?..
Really? According to Bruin fans it's just one more example of Habs' fakery, unsportsmanlike behaviour and a world-wide conspiracy to further humiliate the Bruins after the fact.

Who to believe?

Old
05-02-2004, 10:28 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitual_hab
Really? According to Bruin fans it's just one more example of Habs' fakery, unsportsmanlike behaviour and a world-wide conspiracy to further humiliate the Bruins after the fact.

Who to believe?
Well, they're just p****d offf cause Thornton wasn't as good as Koivu

Hail to the Kaptain!!

Old
05-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
All hail Kaptain Krunch! AKA God.

Old
05-02-2004, 10:47 AM
toughstuff

Throughout is carreer, Koivu has demonstrated examplary work ethic and dedication. As is the case with several professional athletes, sometimes they become egotistical and think the world is at there feet.

This did happen to Saku earlier on this year. The HABS fan recognized this and accordingly criticized him for it. This being said, were all the critics appropriate in there assessments. NO.

The fact remains SAKU did stray away ... but responded to his critics in true SAKU fashion... with work ethic and dedication.

Congratulations SAKU.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
Throughout is carreer, Koivu has demonstrated examplary work ethic and dedication. As is the case with several professional athletes, sometimes they become egotistical and think the world is at there feet.

This did happen to Saku earlier on this year. The HABS fan recognized this and accordingly criticized him for it. This being said, were all the critics appropriate in there assessments. NO.

The fact remains SAKU did stray away ... but responded to his critics in true SAKU fashion... with work ethic and dedication.

Congratulations SAKU.
When did this happen?

I recall him taking matters into his hands with Ribs & getting his teammate more focused, but I don't think that had anything to do with ego. That's just what a good captain needs to do every now & then.

Saku shouldn't have any critics; certainly none that follow the Habs.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitual_hab

Who to believe?
Power of denial. Pure and simple. If the situation was reversed, we would probably do the same (some of us anyway). Some Bruins fans blame the injuries for the first round defeat. Makes sense from their perspective that because of injuries, they couldn't defeat the habs ... There is no other possible explanation. The fact that Koivu played injured destroys that emotional safety zone. Give it time, in the end they will come to realize that the habs beat them fare and square and that the teams were on equal footing. No excuses, they were beat by the better team.

That being said, I don't want to generalize. Many Bruins fans accepted the defeat for what it was already and I will respect them for their sportsmanship. Just like I respect my fellow habs fan that are not downgrading the Bolt's win over us. No excuses, we were beat by the better team.

On an other note, all the Bruins that downgrade our win to their loss on how we fared in the second round lacks sportsmanship. I find it to be very childish and will not respect these posters.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:40 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
One-in-one: Saku to TB, Vinny to Mtl.
No ??

Old
05-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
No ??
Never. If there's a player I wouldn't want on my team, other than Joe Thornton, it's Vincent Lecavalier. He's a dumb*ss, and I don't care if he's quebecois, I hate the kind of guy he is. To think of trading more than Dackell for him is ridiculous to me.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:26 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Never. If there's a player I wouldn't want on my team, other than Joe Thornton, it's Vincent Lecavalier. He's a dumb*ss, and I don't care if he's quebecois, I hate the kind of guy he is. To think of trading more than Dackell for him is ridiculous to me.
Mister, my opinion is not agree with you but i respect you anyway. I personnaly think that Vincent Lecavalier is not a dumb*ss, yes he is a québecois and what is wrong with that? Are you anti-québécois?

Vincent Lecavalier just passed by and eliminated the Habs in 4 easy games. He did everything, he looked like a superman; ultra-fast, skilled, and very strong. he outplayed every Habs players, including our beloved courageous kaptain Saku.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:38 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
No ??
Hell NO! Koivu is more consistent, Vinny is very streaky. He can disapeare when ever. And I'm not anti-québécois since I am one. Still Saku is a habs for life.

Old
05-02-2004, 02:39 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Vincent Lecavalier just passed by and eliminated the Habs in 4 easy games. He did everything, he looked like a superman; ultra-fast, skilled, and very strong. he outplayed every Habs players, including our beloved courageous kaptain Saku.
That is laughable. I think we all agree that Lecavalier has scored some clutch goals for Tampa in most of the serie, but to say he outplayed Saku and his line is just plain stupid. He did score 2 goals in Game 1 of the serie, and that probably is the only game he really was a dominant player, as the whole Montreal team played a brutal game. The rest of the time, I'd say Vinny has been opportunist more than anything else. Let's take Game 3 as an example: in the first 59 minutes of the game, Lecavalier had done close to nothing... he and his linemates (Fedotenko and St.Louis) have had a terrible line and got outplayed by the opposing line most of the night. Then, all of a sudden, he scored a goal on a 6-on-4. While he did score an important goal, that doesn't make him a dominant force in this game. Same thing for Game 4, as I don't remember seeing him clearly dominate the play on any shift. If there's one guy you could make a case for, it's Brad Richards, IMO.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:07 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
That is laughable. I think we all agree that Lecavalier has scored some clutch goals for Tampa in most of the serie, but to say he outplayed Saku and his line is just plain stupid. He did score 2 goals in Game 1 of the serie, and that probably is the only game he really was a dominant player, as the whole Montreal team played a brutal game. The rest of the time, I'd say Vinny has been opportunist more than anything else. Let's take Game 3 as an example: in the first 59 minutes of the game, Lecavalier had done close to nothing... he and his linemates (Fedotenko and St.Louis) have had a terrible line and got outplayed by the opposing line most of the night. Then, all of a sudden, he scored a goal on a 6-on-4. While he did score an important goal, that doesn't make him a dominant force in this game. Same thing for Game 4, as I don't remember seeing him clearly dominate the play on any shift. If there's one guy you could make a case for, it's Brad Richards, IMO.
Oh, when it's not Vincent Lecavalier, it's Brad Richards, IMO! Okay yes Brad Richards did very well in this round but so was Vincent Lecavalier. A pure strong and skilled player like him will score clutch goals (I'm quoting you ). Vincent Lecavalier did what he have to do, he was closelly checked and then Brad Richards got some scoring opportunities. If the Habs close-check Brad Richards and then it's Lecavalier who score the goals. Make your choice.

All this round went too fast. In fact the Habs lost this round when they didn't show up in game one (including kapt Saku). They tried to wake up for the second period of game 2. To late again. Then they played a very solid game in game 3 but even with all the desire and hard-work, they didn't have what it needs to win. The proof is made: a Saku Koivu with consistency and hard-work doesn't win over a more talented-bigger-stronger-faster but lazy Vincent Lecavalier. This is unfair but that's the truth.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Rahan

Quote:
The proof is made: a Saku Koivu with consistency and hard-work doesn't win over a more talented-bigger-stronger-faster but lazy Vincent Lecavalier. This is unfair but that's the truth.
T'as peut-être 44 ans et j'ai peut-être seulement "bientôt 18 ans" comme tu dis dans ton PM, mais tu montres facilement que tu connais pas mieux ton hockey que moi. Lecavalier a battu personne, c'est son équipe qui a gagné. Ben oui, le Lightning a été meilleur que le canadien et ils ont gagné. Sauf que le Lightning c'est pas Lecavalier, c'est un ensemble de joueurs, un systeme de jeux et un gardien de but.

What you fail to understand is the team concept. Two times in this thread you mentionned Lecavalier beating the canadiens and winning against Saku Koivu.. Well, I have news for you, this is a team game and you can't say Lecavalier won, the TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING won. And learn to read, I said I didn't care if he was quebecois, meaning that I'm not biased towards or against quebecois.. unlike yourself. There's no reason we'd trade Saku for Lecavalier, he's no step up. I didn't compare Dackell to Lecavalier, I said I wouldn't give more than Dackell for Lecavalier, just to picture it. Once again you didn't understand my intentions.

Keep being agressive with your private messages, I'll reply in the same manner. At 44 I guess there's no hope for you to become mature anymore.

Edit: I'm not here for personnal wars but you started this.

Last edited by Rahan: 05-02-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old
05-02-2004, 03:58 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Koivu for Lecavalier? Aren't you the same guy who wanted to trade him for Jason Arnott?!?!

Old
05-02-2004, 04:44 PM
psychonaut

I find Montreal has what they need with Koivu, and Tampa bay with Lecavelier. If I was Tampa I would not do that trade, nor if I was Montreal. (Except for the fact the Vincent is 6.5 I think young a very skill. Its the type a player we want, but that not the way to get him! I think Montreal needs to get there star from the draft or a player or a player that realy get it going when we comes to Montreal!!

Old
05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Heavy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Koivu for Lecavalier? Aren't you the same guy who wanted to trade him for Jason Arnott?!?!

He's also the same guy that claimed there were 30 other centers in the NHL that were better than Koivu. Who here was watching Koivu flying in the playoffs wishing the Habs had Brendan Morrison (not to pick on Morrison; or perhaps 25 of the other centers from his ridiculous list) out there instead?

Old
05-03-2004, 12:42 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy D
He's also the same guy that claimed there were 30 other centers in the NHL that were better than Koivu. Who here was watching Koivu flying in the playoffs wishing the Habs had Brendan Morrison (not to pick on Morrison; or perhaps 25 of the other centers from his ridiculous list) out there instead?
What is ridiculous is to wish a trade Koivu-Lecavalier is possible. Of course 30 GM of this league would not trade Lecavalier for Koivu, this is too obvious, except for those blind Koivu Habs fans who cannot see the obvious.

My list or the 29 centers of this league I would pick before Koivu included Lecavalier, Richards, Marleau, etc. Everybody laughted about these 3 names. A lot of the centers I was picking are still in the PO while Saku is in Finland playing golf.

Oh but Saku was injured. Oh yeah? Is this is true? I saw the same Saku in the PO than usual. Thornton looked obviously injured, it's a shame lot of Habs fans of this board say Saku is better than Thornton because they both had the same degree of injury. What do you know about that? Now you're gonna say Saku was more injured than Thornton? Biais opinion.

(Quote) “Koivu flying” : I saw the same Saku not able to deke a single D (even the slowest Bruins D) one in one. Always waiting for Kovalev or another teamate to make a pass. Not fast enough to score a goal by himself or create a breakaway, not able to make a blasting slap-shot or a deadly wrist shot. Wrist shots from Saku are easy shot to stop for goalies. 90% of Saku's goals are scored from 5 feets, mostly a bouncing return from another teamate who have a real shot. Saku's highest goals in a season is 21. Nothing to write your mother about.

Saku Koivu stays Saku Koivu. A good little center with a ton of heart but not very fast and not a great shooter. Just good enough to bring his team in PO spot once in a while and get eliminated fast in second round when he doesn't skate anymore and is outmuscled by physicly stronger opponents. Nothing there to say “Saku is god” or “he is one of the top center in the league”.

Old
05-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Rahan

We're lucky you've been watching hockey for 30 years, HABitude. But you still can't see ****, eh. Here's what my 17 years old eyes have seen. Koivu decked 3 players in a row in the last game and actually got to Khabibulin and almost beat him. Sure he didn't score, but he did deke 3 guys in a row. Saying he couldn't deke the slowest D is ludicrous. YOU SHOULD WATCH YOUR TAPES EH. Also, Koivu has a good wrist shot.. not booming, but good. He often use screens with his wrist shot and it's effective.
Plus Saku is really good at protecting the puck through traffic or when there's pressure on.

You're all excited about Lecavalier redirecting a few pucks in.. Hell, I've seen kilger do that.. so before I worship him as you do, he'll have to prove he can 1) protect the puck 2) stop floating selfishly in the neutral zone for a breakaway 3) Be responsible defensively (as St-Louis)

Old
05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
HABitude

You know what?
If Saku was able to shoot a bit more hardly he would be able to get the 30 goals/year. Perreault score with his wrist shot with a better rating than Koivu because his shots are only 10-15 miles faster than Koivu. Just 10-15 miles faster and Saku would have more success. I've heard Yvan Cournoyer (please don't laught ) on radio this winter saying how he was trining himself with shooting pucks. He had 2 metal pucks (lot more heavyer than rubber pucks) and he was shooting something like 50 pucks/day in summer. One puck was heavyer than the other one (steel). At 4.2 M I think Saku could at least try to improve his shooting hardness. It would help his wingers to score goals with bouncing from his shoots. Saku score 90% of his goals when he quickly get a bouncing puck on the goalie from a Souray-Zednik-Kovalev-Rivet-Brisebois-or any other teamate.

A legitimate true first liner must have a shot. Saku can't improve his skating. He will be 30 soon, he have an history of broken knees, he will not get faster on his skates, he can only gradually decline in speed. But he can improve his shooting skills.

Closed Thread