HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prospal needs tp play center with Gaborik.

Old
03-20-2010, 05:21 PM
AXN

vCash: 500
Prospal needs tp play center with Gaborik.

Gaborik plays ten times better with Prospal. Put Jokinen or Dubinsky on the left.
Also put Avery back with Christensen and Drury. They played well together.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:35 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Gaborik plays ten times better with Prospal. Put Jokinen or Dubinsky on the left.
Also put Avery back with Christensen and Drury. They played well together.
Let's not even waste our time.

Season's over, let's just tank and play our fourth liners with with Gaborik... ... ...

wait... we already did that last game! Torts must be on board with Operation: Fall to Five.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Nick00

Yeah, like we haven't rearranged the lines in every possible combination already.

Deck chairs on the Titanic.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Vatchern

I don't understand.

You look at a team like Vancouver, the line of Sedin, Sedin, Burrows. They played so well, and after they struggled for a month they changed the line by switching samuelson with burrows.

With us, if a line plays bad for 1 period, we switch it up. Give our best 6 players top 6 minutes and give them time to create chemistry.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 07:29 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'll never understand why Torts has ever not had Christensen on Gaborik's line since Prospal was hurt. I don't care if it's Prospal or Dubinsky on the left wing...Christensen is the one that should've been his center for the rest of the season. He's the best puck distributor on the team (sad, I know).

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 07:49 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatchern View Post
I don't understand.

You look at a team like Vancouver, the line of Sedin, Sedin, Burrows. They played so well, and after they struggled for a month they changed the line by switching samuelson with burrows.

With us, if a line plays bad for 1 period, we switch it up. Give our best 6 players top 6 minutes and give them time to create chemistry.

I agree Torts constant switching of lines has affected the chemistry. He also switches players positions all the time Dubinsky, Jokinen, Drury and Christensen have moved back and fourth from center to wing quite a few times this year. I understand sometimes you need to shake things up but he does it way too much that it loses its effectiveness. The fact that he is switching lines up with 11 games left is comical. You should know your team by now and which combinations work or dont work.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote