HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers goalies head to head

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 02:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers goalies head to head

http://www.ihwc.net/english/

Lundqvist is playing for Sweden against Mike Dunham for USA. The game is tied 1-1 in the 2ed period. Sweden has 26 shots on net, Dunham made 25 saves. USA has 10 shots on net, Lundqvist made 9 saves. I dont know who to root for. At one point I want USA to win, but at the same time I want Sweden to win so Lundqvist can stand out. Go Lunqvist, Go Dunham. At this time, Id settle for a tie.

Old
05-02-2004, 02:59 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
http://www.ihwc.net/english/

Lundqvist is playing for Sweden against Mike Dunham for USA. The game is tied 1-1 in the 2ed period. Sweden has 26 shots on net, Dunham made 25 saves. USA has 10 shots on net, Lundqvist made 9 saves. I dont know who to root for. At one point I want USA to win, but at the same time I want Sweden to win so Lundqvist can stand out. Go Lunqvist, Go Dunham. At this time, Id settle for a tie.
USA scored on a breakaway, nto much lundqvist could do there.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:01 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruZer

I wish ESPN or some cable station would show the games. I cant wait for the World cup to happen so I can watch it.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Very weird breakaway. The american defenseman shot the puck out of the american zone, it hits the edge of the plexiglass and bounces down right in front of Battaglia.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:50 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Very weird breakaway. The american defenseman shot the puck out of the american zone, it hits the edge of the plexiglass and bounces down right in front of Battaglia.

Lundqvist wins. Lundqvist makes 20 saves on 21 USA shots. Dunham makes 37 saves on 40 Sweden shots. If anyone seen the game, please post how these 2 goalies played. Was Dunham that bad, or was USA that bad?

Old
05-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Lundqvist wins. Lundqvist makes 20 saves on 21 USA shots. Dunham makes 37 saves on 40 Sweden shots. If anyone seen the game, please post how these 2 goalies played. Was Dunham that bad, or was USA that bad?

From what I understand, Dunham looked great. Sweden just had the better of it today.

Old
05-02-2004, 04:12 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Both Goalies where very solid in this game. Sweden outshot USA and Dunham stood on his head. Lundqvist saved everything except for that breakaway and has a 94% save percentage in this tournament. Swedish commentator thought that Lundqvist could be ready for NHL already next season if he continues like this.

Old
05-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
How long do you guys think it will take to adjust to the NA style of game? Or is it not a big deal?

Old
05-02-2004, 05:39 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous
How long do you guys think it will take to adjust to the NA style of game? Or is it not a big deal?
I personally dont make a big deal out of it. Sure the angles are different due to the smaller ice surface, but thats not something that should take a year to get used to for a goalie. If he can stop the puck, the size of the rink shouldnt matter. Theres no reason why he cant win the job straight out of training camp. If not, give him a few weeks in Hartford and then bring him up.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:17 PM
charliemurphy

I can definitely see Lundqvuist being the starting goalie for the Rangers.
Unless Dunham is still on the roster.

Lundqvuist/Valiquette

Old
05-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Barnaby

Lundqvist/Mclennan - BOO YA

Old
05-02-2004, 11:33 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Lundqvist/Mclennan - BOO YA
I forgot about Mclennan
Barnaby, you wouldn't like to see two young goalies on net?
I'm hoping Dunham is somehow moved. be it a trade at the draft or packaged or whatever. In that case, Valiquette on the bench.
Lundqvuist-Mclennan-Valiquette

Old
05-03-2004, 02:33 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I forgot about Mclennan
Barnaby, you wouldn't like to see two young goalies on net?
I'm hoping Dunham is somehow moved. be it a trade at the draft or packaged or whatever. In that case, Valiquette on the bench.
Lundqvuist-Mclennan-Valiquette
Valiquette isn't really a young goalie - he's more of an Ahl'er/mediocre back-up.

If we have a young goalie with is next year, I'd rather have a more experienced goalie thats known for being a great teammate like Mclennan.

Old
05-03-2004, 05:59 AM
gkrangers

McClennan is a UFA.

If Lundqvist starts...then Blackburn/LaBarbara in Hartford?

No...you have to find somewhere else for Labarbara.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Padawan
Former *********

IMO Dunham was better of the two in that game. Team Sweden dominated but Dunham did everything in his power to stop them from scoring. Well, one again he didn't get much help from the Team USA's defence and that sealed the deal imo. An average game for Lundqvist imo. Two fancy saves but too many times he was out of position and just because shots didn't went towards the goal he didn't let more pucks in.

Still, it was just one game and one can't make their final decisions how good these guys are by just one game.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
I thought Dunham let to many easy rebounds go. He had a good game and made the saves he should, although with heavier traffic in front of goal he would have had problems with all those rebounds. Lundqvist was solid. Not his best game, but he made one really spectacular save.

Old
05-03-2004, 12:04 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
I thought Dunham let to many easy rebounds go. He had a good game and made the saves he should, although with heavier traffic in front of goal he would have had problems with all those rebounds. Lundqvist was solid. Not his best game, but he made one really spectacular save.
Giving up juicy rebounds is par for the course with Dunham. When he's playing well he saves a good percentage of the rebounds and is more than adequate as a NHL goalie (as he was in 2002-2003).

For whatever reason (probably injury), other parts of his game were not up to par last year.

Old
05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrangers
McClennan is a UFA.

If Lundqvist starts...then Blackburn/LaBarbara in Hartford?

No...you have to find somewhere else for Labarbara.
I've got somewhere for Labarbera - the trade block.

He's decent, but Blackburn, and Lundqvist are our future. If you have a young goalie then you should have an experienced goalie who can help out. I'd rather keep Mclennan who's been around, and is known as a great teammate to split time with Blackburn or Lundvquist.

Maybe you could get a 3rd for Labarbera in next years draft or something.

Old
05-03-2004, 03:29 PM
SChan*

Lundqvist with a shutout today! And saved 2 breakaways. He was able to shutout players like hossa, demitra, gaborik and satan.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:32 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Valiquette isn't really a young goalie - he's more of an Ahl'er/mediocre back-up.

If we have a young goalie with is next year, I'd rather have a more experienced goalie thats known for being a great teammate like Mclennan.
then what do u consider 26 to be old im 25 i must be right on death row, the kid valiquette is an excellent goaile and can compete for the # 1 , dont know where u get your stats from

Old
05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Lundqvist with a shutout today! And saved 2 breakaways. He was able to shutout players like hossa, demitra, gaborik and satan.
does nyr actually have a high class goalie, he sounds to good to be true man, hopefully this kid is the real deal seems to be. hearing all this makes me excited to see this kid in net, i like blackie form what it sounds blackie better be reday to battle for that #1 job cause he has some challenge in front of him... go lunds.. hopefully he can get going this year would love that... nyr future looks bright

Old
05-05-2004, 08:26 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
then what do u consider 26 to be old im 25 i must be right on death row, the kid valiquette is an excellent goaile and can compete for the # 1 , dont know where u get your stats from
He gets them from history. Valiquette has bombed in every opportunity at the NHL level. He hads one good game for the Rangers and got whacked every other time. I have no idea where you are getting your stats from.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
2003-04 NY Rangers NHL 2 1 1 0 120 6 71 0 3 .915

And thats his Rangers' stats.

Hardly being "bombed".

Old
05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
True Blue

Does not change the fact that for the entire year, his stats are 3.60 GAA & a .897 save %.
Also, the stats are a little skewed. Yes, he beat Philly 3-1 and looked very well. However, he was a complelte sieve when he allowed everything in the net when NJ beat him 5-0. He also got spanked by Detroit earlier in the year, 7-1.
Wasn't he waived by the Islanders? And then, promptly, sent packing by the Oilers. I know that some of you are infatuated w/ his size, but there's more to being an NHL goalie than just being 6'5". The fact is, Valliquete has never been considered a strong prosopect and has not shown that he can handle consistenet duties. Take into account that he spent 3 years in hiding between his NHL stints, and all of these things add up.
He is not in any way a competition to either Blackburn nor Lundquist. If you are talking backup duties, he should not get the nod ahead of McLennan just becuase he is big.
The fact is Dunham is 90% sure to return. That leaves a backup spot. Blackburn needs a whole year in the AHL to get his skills sharpened again. If Lundquist is here, he should start off the year in the AHL as well, unless he just blows people away at camp. And even then, if the kid is not going to start no less than 30-35 games, there is no point in having him with the big club. That leaves McLennan (if he resigns), Labarberra, & Valiquette. Personally, I think that McLennan is a very good backup candidate, certainly much better than Valiquette. And Labarberra, while not showing all that much at the NHL level, deserves a shot (if he does well in camp) ahead of him as well.
So, in a nutshell, if Lundquist comes over, I just don't see how there is a spot for Valiquette. I think that he is ECHL bound, if he is still property of the Ranagers.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
SChan*

Sweden won 4-1 today, and Lundqvist saved 25 of 26 shots. Another solid effort from him. He was the player of the game from the swedish viewers.

Closed Thread