HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza

Old
06-25-2010, 11:04 AM
FiveHole23

vCash: 500
I think it would have been great to get Brad Richards, however if we did get him I don't think we would be any closer to a cup right now then we are.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJrumble View Post
I think it would have been great to get Brad Richards, however if we did get him I don't think we would be any closer to a cup right now then we are.
And thats Howson's fault. But I disagree as I think we would have been a better team with Richards, same as we would be a better team with Spezza. We're certainly not better without them

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScott View Post
Bingo. We have a winner. This is one of those rare opportunities the CBJ have had to get a #1 center in the prime of his career. I can already see the debate in 3-4 years when the CBJ still do not have a #1 and people saying "you know we probably should have traded that #4 in 2010". It's the Richards trade part deux.

I can definitely see this happening. At the same time, we don't know exactly what the breaking point of the deal might be.

I think after the top two picks, there's a huge drop off in talent, and we won't get our elite anyone through the draft this year. Nor will this prospect be available to play. With the length of Spezza's contract, it'll give us some leeway to develop players like Moore and Calvert. I like Howson's plan, but you can't build a team purely through the draft. You need a mixture of both.

Between Brassard, Voracek, Russell, Mason and Filatov, one of them is going to be out, depending on what we have in the pipeline to replace them. If we had Spezza, his additional five years would give us some time to develop some center depth.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I can definitely see this happening. At the same time, we don't know exactly what the breaking point of the deal might be.

I think after the top two picks, there's a huge drop off in talent, and we won't get our elite anyone through the draft this year. Nor will this prospect be available to play. With the length of Spezza's contract, it'll give us some leeway to develop players like Moore and Calvert. I like Howson's plan, but you can't build a team purely through the draft. You need a mixture of both.

Between Brassard, Voracek, Russell, Mason and Filatov, one of them is going to be out, depending on what we have in the pipeline to replace them. If we had Spezza, his additional five years would give us some time to develop some center depth.
As I have said before, we don't even know if there is a deal to be made. To this point there is only rumor, speculation, innuendo, and just plain guessing.

Just to be on record I do favor a deal being made for Spezza. But it takes two to dance and it has to be a reasonable exchange of assets.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:45 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Just to be on record I do favor a deal being made for Spezza. But it takes two to dance and it has to be a reasonable exchange of assets.
This is exactly how I feel, too, Roadman. For me, Brass/#4/Juice for Spezza and the #16 would be perfect. I have no idea, though, if that would be acceptable to either Murray or Howson.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote