HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza

Old
05-14-2010, 08:37 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
What is this? Spezza trade thread #15? Who cares if we'd take him? Murray doesn't. And even if he did he would **** us.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
LeeAuer

Send a message via AIM to LeeAuer
Did anyone here actually watch Spezza in the playoffs this year? He is vastly overpaid, and by that standard, an overrated player.

The last thing the CBJ needs is another player who only shows up part-time and is overpaid.

LeeAuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
I think that Bryan Murray would trade Spezza for Brassard, Filatov(would need to talk to him first) and col 1st/2010. To be honest I don't think that the team would lose that much in the short term and would be better longterm
Yeah, but it takes two to tango and Columbus has no interest in that deal.

Ludicrous Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacketsblog View Post
Did anyone here actually watch Spezza in the playoffs this year? He is vastly overpaid, and by that standard, an overrated player.

The last thing the CBJ needs is another player who only shows up part-time and is overpaid.
Because VS seems to have a lifetime commitment to show the Penguins every time they play, I too watched almost all of the Ottawa series and I only remember Spezza being a force in one game. If I were looking for a player on that team I would have wanted I liked the way Mike Fisher played.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Brassard was supposed to be our Spezza, oops, didn't happen. We probably could've fleeced Ottawa with a Brass/Spezza trade a year or two ago. Bummer

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Brassard was supposed to be our Spezza, oops, didn't happen.
A little soon, don't you think?

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Brassard was supposed to be our Spezza, oops, didn't happen. We probably could've fleeced Ottawa with a Brass/Spezza trade a year or two ago. Bummer
Spezza wasn't a PPG player in his first full season either. (55 points in 78 games; Brass had 36 in 79. So he was ahead of the curve, but not that far ahead. The year after that was the lockout and he spent it in the AHL.)

Seriously, hon, you're beginning to worry me.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
His trolling is already in mid-season form, Viq. Nothing to worry about and nothing to see here.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
His trolling is already in mid-season form, Viq. Nothing to worry about and nothing to see here.
But that's precisely it! He's peaking too soon! When Klesla has to take a month off due to injury in January, he's going to be all trolled out, and then where will we be?

Old
05-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Mike Commodore could take a page from Timeless' offseason workout regimen.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Mike Commodore could take a page from Timeless' offseason workout regimen.
He should, I work out pretty hard. Got my deadlifts over 200 lbs now.

Old
05-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Monk

Quote:
He should, I work out pretty hard. Got my deadlifts over 200 lbs now.
You still couldn't lift Nash.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 04:40 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

New blood on this Spezza deal

I would give Brassard, Filatov and next year 2011's first for Spezza. Sens fans would come around to it as well. Coupled with Milan they would have the beginning of a pretty quality rebuild. Spezza is soft, but in a new environment like Columbus where he could just play I think he would work well with Nash, & Jacub Voracek.

For Jeff Carter I would do something fairly close to this.

For Ryan Getzlaf I would trade whatever it takes to get the deal done

Sign Bobby Ryan who is restricted, and your top line is ryan getzlaf nash.. now were beginning to get somewhere. I'm tired of that dreaded word potential, and I still hate Doug MacLean for not staying patient in building this franchise. Back in the day when he signed Luke & LaPylon and brought in the umpteenth bum forward we should have sent him packing. As fans we just didn't know how badly finishing out of the cellar would hurt us in the long run.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
I would give Brassard, Filatov and next year 2011's first for Spezza. Sens fans would come around to it as well. Coupled with Milan they would have the beginning of a pretty quality rebuild. Spezza is soft, but in a new environment like Columbus where he could just play I think he would work well with Nash, & Jacub Voracek.

Sign Bobby Ryan who is restricted, and your top line is ryan getzlaf nash.. now were beginning to get somewhere. I'm tired of that dreaded word potential, and I still hate Doug MacLean for not staying patient in building this franchise. Back in the day when he signed Luke & LaPylon and brought in the umpteenth bum forward we should have sent him packing. As fans we just didn't know how badly finishing out of the cellar would hurt us in the long run.
Still only have passing interest in Spezza, and I still don't think Ottawa's going to give him up for anything resembling fair value anytime soon - and fair value for someone with his ability is really ridiculously high as is.

Dunno about Carter. I don't think Philly's all that eager to send him away; that'll only happen if they're truly desperate, and I don't think they're there yet.

Ryan Getzlaf would bankrupt this franchise. He is Anaheim right now. That top line suggestion of Ryan-Getzlaf-Nash, aside from making Ducks fans wonder how they'd trade for our captain, simply wouldn't happen because to get Getzlaf you'd have to trade most of the picks necessary for RFA compensation, among other assets.

Old
05-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:

what color is your sky?

Ludicrous Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 07:11 PM
wilfred

Quote:

I would counter that proposal with

Spezza, ott 1st 2010

Brassard, Filatov, 1st/2010, 2nd 2010

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 07:30 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Well then Wilfred we have a deal

Brassard, Filatov and our 1st and 2nd for Spezza and your 1st.

Now if we can draft Skinner with your first my sky would be rosey.. ha ha.

I remember the day when Minnesota gave up their team to Dallas for Hershel Walker and when Ditka gave up the entire Saints draft for Ricky Williams = don't tell me Getlzaf could never be traded.

Crosby or Ovechkin probably untradable, everyone else has a price

To be quite honest, I really think Howson may need to do something fairly drastic to make the NHL relevant in Columbus. That is what I think.. I know right?

Old
05-17-2010, 07:35 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I remember the days when Mike Camillari(sp) was t

alked about like he was trash, now they are mentioning his name with Guy LeFleur? I guess Cammy has had the last laugh eh?

Old
05-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
talked about like he was trash, now they are mentioning his name with Guy LeFleur? I guess Cammy has had the last laugh eh?
Don't trust player evaluations of Eastern conference players by CBJ fans.

Old
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Brassard, Filatov and our 1st and 2nd for Spezza and your 1st.

Now if we can draft Skinner with your first my sky would be rosey.. ha ha.

I remember the day when Minnesota gave up their team to Dallas for Hershel Walker and when Ditka gave up the entire Saints draft for Ricky Williams = don't tell me Getlzaf could never be traded.

Crosby or Ovechkin probably untradable, everyone else has a price

To be quite honest, I really think Howson may need to do something fairly drastic to make the NHL relevant in Columbus. That is what I think.. I know right?
The way some people react around here, allowing the prospects to develop might well qualify as "something drastic".

Old
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Don't trust player evaluations of Eastern conference players by CBJ fans.
Wasn't Brad Richards in the East when we were trying to trade for him?

Old
05-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Doug19

I still don't think Spezza plays a Western Conference type game. I don't even think he could manage a ppg pace here. He's to soft and I think that Brassard can still be better than Spezza. Heck I would rather have Vermette on the top line right now than Spezza right now. I think we are fine at center unless it is a real upgrade which Spezza isn't at all when you look at his contract, etc.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Of course, the team giving up multiple pieces for the big piece ended up losing both of those deals, so I don't know as that's a good example to use in support of your idea.

This coming, by the way, from a perosn who, absent the cash flow keeping it from happening, isn't opposed to the scenario.

Old
05-17-2010, 08:40 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I previously acknowledged that Spezza is

a soft player. He is also a top line centre, and a guy that can and has averaged a ppg over the course of a season. We have never had that type of production so I am willing to do what it takes to get it.

Maybe Brass & Filly and a 2nd are over payment but I'm telling you I would do it in a second.

Old
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Of course there is that DSL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Of course, the team giving up multiple pieces for the big piece ended up losing both of those deals, so I don't know as that's a good example to use in support of your idea.

This coming, by the way, from a perosn who, absent the cash flow keeping it from happening, isn't opposed to the scenario.

but I am not confident that we can develop talent.. what could be future stars for another club, might be Brule's for us. I think they would be stars in the future, but we need a bonafide today.