HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza

Old
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Spezza has been an outstanding big game player for us.

You may not like him, and you don't want him but there is no need to make up stuff.

He's awesome, I love having him as our franchise center.
he might be doing OK now but he was absolutely brutal in the SCF series. just played like an absolute wimp / satellite. if hes really upping his game this season where he plays with more balls- awesome. havent had a chance to watch too much Sens this year

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 03:42 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
he might be doing OK now but he was absolutely brutal in the SCF series. just played like an absolute wimp / satellite. if hes really upping his game this season where he plays with more balls- awesome. havent had a chance to watch too much Sens this year
That was a learning experience for him. Apparently Pronger + Neidermayer and a Pahlsson checking line was his kryptonite.

Other then that series he has been an incredible big game player for us.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Oilers1*

Quote:
Alfredsson- Last 47GP 11G
Kovalev- Last 58GP 13G
Fisher- Last 38GP 7G
Michalek- Last 39GP 7G

Spezza - Last 21GP 15G

Spezza is honestly doing everything he ****ing can. He got off to a slow start of the season because he was playing injured like Eric Staal but once he returned he has been a beast.

If our overrated wingers would bury the pucks he gives them he would be racking up assists. I have seen MM botch so many godamn open nets it has made me go crazy.

Spezza is doing all he can to carry the offense, what the hell more can he do?
I think that comment was referring to the many debates over Spezza vs. Hemsky that have occured on these boards.

Sens fans have always acted like it was heresy to suggest that Hemsky was as good as Spezza, just that he just didn't have the luxury of playing with two all-stars.

Now that Spezza's linemates are more comparable to Hemsky's, so are his numbers.

It goes to show you that fans around the league have never gotten how good Ales Hemsky is. He's played his entire career with pylons.

Oilers1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1 View Post
I think that comment was referring to the many debates over Spezza vs. Hemsky that have occured on these boards.

Sens fans have always acted like it was heresy to suggest that Hemsky was as good as Spezza, just that he just didn't have the luxury of playing with two all-stars.

Now that Spezza's linemates are more comparable to Hemsky's, so are his numbers.

It goes to show you that fans around the league have never gotten how good Ales Hemsky is. He's played his entire career with pylons.
Actually I'd say Alfredsson, Kovalev, and Michalek are all still considerably better than what Hemsky has had to work with in Edmonton.

A woefully inconsistent Horcoff, Penner, and Sykora are probably the best forwards he's played with here.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 03:58 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Alfredsson- Last 47GP 11G
Kovalev- Last 58GP 13G
Fisher- Last 38GP 7G
Michalek- Last 39GP 7G

Spezza - Last 21GP 15G

Spezza is honestly doing everything he ****ing can. He got off to a slow start of the season because he was playing injured like Eric Staal but once he returned he has been a beast.

If our overrated wingers would bury the pucks he gives them he would be racking up assists. I have seen MM botch so many godamn open nets it has made me go crazy.

Spezza is doing all he can to carry the offense, what the hell more can he do?
Your right hes doing all he can, nice hat trick the other night. But like mentioned above in all the old Spezza VS Hemsky threads there was quite a few Ottawa fans saying Spezza's numbers weren't a product of being on one of the best lines in the league, and that he'd put up similar numbers anywhere else. Which so far doesn't seem to be the case.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
Your right hes doing all he can, nice hat trick the other night. But like mentioned above in all the old Spezza VS Hemsky threads there was quite a few Ottawa fans saying Spezza's numbers weren't a product of being on one of the best lines in the league, and that he'd put up similar numbers anywhere else. Which so far doesn't seem to be the case.
I see, well those people were wrong. If you have nobody to finish your passes then can't collect assists.

I was of the mind Spezza could turn 20 goal scorers into 30 goal scorers, I see now that is not the case. If you don't have hands a high level playmaker can't give you them.

Old
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
The Fuhr*

Since Spezza returned from injury 25GP 17G 32Pts

Maybe he did not need Heatley, just needed to be healthy

Old
03-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:

Too bad he's Way TOO soft to ever stay even remotely healthy.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:

Big deal.

Our franchise center has 12G 20A 32 Pts in 71GP.

He is the best 5 on 3 player in the game, and should have been on the Canadian Olympic team instead of one of Crosby, Getzlaf, Toews, or Richards.

Our former coach said so on TSN, and he is one of the best in the business.

Stop trolling here and please don't respond ....

.... I'm enjoying my Kool-Aid.

Red Deer Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
the word*

Quote:

Good for him, but why keep pimping him on the Oiler's board, when interest is apparently less than zero here. Personally, you're never going to convince me that Spezza is... whatever your trying to convince us of, that he is. Keep him, especially if you're happy with him. I don't want him or his contract unless your willing to take back multiple undesirable contracts, and little else of note. The thought of Spezza in an Oiler's uniform makes me nauseous.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Eirhead*

Horcoff, but you're going to have to sweeten the pot with a draft pick I think. Best 2-way center in the game for the giveaway king.

Maybe...

He does have a NTC for a reason y'know!!

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Mentallydull

I'd like to have Spezza at some point but not with his current contract and not with the current position our team is in both salary-cap wise and standings-wise.

That said, it's funny to see so many people laughing off the thought of actually getting a close to PPG Centre that we haven't had in many many years. These boards can be really strange at times.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
I'd like to have Spezza at some point but not with his current contract and not with the current position our team is in both salary-cap wise and standings-wise.

That said, it's funny to see so many people laughing off the thought of actually getting a close to PPG Centre that we haven't had in many many years. These boards can be really strange at times.
Spezza's REL COR is -6.0.

Horcoff's is 2.2.

We are better off with Horcoff.

Red Deer Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
edmoil3

i dont think we have anybody to offer ottawa for him. and ottawa would want players we want to build around like eberle.

edmoil3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Spezza's REL COR is -6.0.

Horcoff's is 2.2.

We are better off with Horcoff.

You forgot the smilie.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
boopronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Actually I'd say Alfredsson, Kovalev, and Michalek are all still considerably better than what Hemsky has had to work with in Edmonton.

A woefully inconsistent Horcoff, Penner, and Sykora are probably the best forwards he's played with here.
He played with Smyth for a long time....

boopronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:43 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Smyth?

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:45 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by the word View Post
Good for him, but why keep pimping him on the Oiler's board, when interest is apparently less than zero here. Personally, you're never going to convince me that Spezza is... whatever your trying to convince us of, that he is. Keep him, especially if you're happy with him. I don't want him or his contract unless your willing to take back multiple undesirable contracts, and little else of note. The thought of Spezza in an Oiler's uniform makes me nauseous.
That's ridiculous, he would instantly be the best player we had since Weight, let's not go overboard here.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:50 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

at Sen fans who feel the need to bump old thread to rehash arguments about their favourite player on another team's board.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote