HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

the future???

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
the future???

what prospects that are in the rangers system have the brightest future ahead of them?
prucha
jessiman
lundmark
tjutin
lundqvist
blackburn
taylor
walsh
pock
lampman
balej
baranka
giroux
jonasen
immonen
betts
kondratiev
pretty exciting list of guys.
they all should be given a shot to prove themselves. who makes it?

Old
05-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
what prospects that are in the rangers system have the brightest future ahead of them?
they all should be given a shot to prove themselves. who makes it?
1st liners: pock, blackburn, lundqvist, jessiman, tyutin
2nd liners: prucha, lundmark, balej, immonen, baranka, kondratiev
3rd liners: taylor, giroux, jonasen, betts

(i don't do "4th liners", 1st liners = #1/2 D, 2nd liners = low #2/4 D, 3rd liners = #5/6 D, blackburn and lundqvist are both #1 goalies in my mind)

and by first liners i just mean that they will play on the top line, not that they're going to put up all-star numbers every year.

all-star potential: pock, prucha, blackburn, lundqvist, tyutin

Old
05-02-2004, 09:46 PM
noodlemike

i dont think prucha is all-star potential, yes he may be a good hockey player...but an allstar...i just cant quite say yes now

Old
05-02-2004, 09:56 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlemike
i dont think prucha is all-star potential, yes he may be a good hockey player...but an allstar...i just cant quite say yes now
Dont forget Umbee

Old
05-02-2004, 10:53 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Dont forget Umbee
Ummm...Umberger.
What is Sather waiting for a compensatory 2nd rounder or RJ Umberger?
Someone convince me that signing Umberger is something the Rangers just can't risk with the situation that they are in. Sign RJ Umberger. I know the rumors about the attitude and weak physical play. Sign him. Throw him in Hartford. If he develops an ego I'm all for moving him. But, if he develops (rather quickly I would hope 1-2 years) and gets called up he could turn out very well. I would think that Umberger and his agent would have to seriously consider an offer of about $1m. Don't quote me, but his original offer that he turned down was $1.25m. And that figure is from 2001. And with the NHL changes, players will have to change accordingly as well.
Someone tell me the Rangers don't have $1m for this kid. The money shouldn't be the issue with this one. Call it an investement if you wish. Last thing I want is to see Umberger on another team as top 2-line Forward (C or LW) knowing that the Rangers could have gotten him.
Discuss. And be nice...

Old
05-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Balej is definately a future 1st liner maybe superstar!!!
too much skills,speed,determination and work ethic , he has 1st line potential !

Old
05-03-2004, 06:02 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlemike
For some reason, when I think Prucha, I can't help but think Datsyuk.

Honestly, I haven't seen him play enough to say that he reminds me of him, but no one thought Datsyuk would be an all-star three years ago.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:09 AM
skunk

vCash:
"rangers third line with say Heerema and Lacouture next season."

Ahhhh. Exactly how do you put 2 losers like Heerema and LaCoutour on our 3rd line? Are you watching hockey?

Old
05-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Shadowtron

I don't see why some of you guys want to add Umberger to the list. I personally think that if the Rangers were as eager to sign him as we all thought they were, he'd have been signed already. For me, it's a forgone conclusion that Umbee is a 2nd round pick waiting to happen. I wouldn't add him to our talent pool at all. Of course, no harm done in doing so...I'm just surprised to see that some are adding him to our youth list.

Old
05-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I don't see why some of you guys want to add Umberger to the list. I personally think that if the Rangers were as eager to sign him as we all thought they were, he'd have been signed already. For me, it's a forgone conclusion that Umbee is a 2nd round pick waiting to happen. I wouldn't add him to our talent pool at all. Of course, no harm done in doing so...I'm just surprised to see that some are adding him to our youth list.
I agree. If he's what Sather & Co are looking for he'd be all signed up.

My guess is that slats trades the 2nd rounder we'll get for not signing him,
and get a young Center prospect back, one that Jackazz & co feel is better than what they've seen from RJ.

Closed Thread