HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Having Jersey Personalized ... Tell me again...

Old
09-13-2010, 12:19 PM
geehaad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms View Post
Brindy had #27 down there?
I believe Jeff Daniels was #17 when Brind'Amour first arrived, and he switched to #11 in the off-season to accomodate the warchief.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
phantoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I believe Jeff Daniels was #17 when Brind'Amour first arrived, and he switched to #11 in the off-season to accomodate the warchief.

Yeah I kinda figured someone else was using the number at the time. I just never noticed it at all. Kind of a shock to me I never caught that.

phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
Gleason was 8 and 42 before 6. He gave up 8 when Cullen came back because he didn't have any attachment to it like Cullen did. I assume he went to 42 because he wore that in LA. When Hedican left, he moved to 6 as some kind of "tribute". He's probably done changing too.
I yelled at Gleason for changing his number cause I had a 42 which I got at the end of the season. At the STH party I was having him sign my #6 jersey and told him if he changes his number again, he's buying me a new one.

But the story with him. He wore 6 in juniors and wanted it when he got traded here, but Hedican had it. So he went with 8 instead of 42 to start fresh. Then Cullen came back and asked for 8 back and he gave it to him b/c he felt he had bad luck with that number. So he went back to 42. Then Hedican left, so he grabbed the number he always wanted in the first place.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote