HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game in 6 Minutes and about Thirty Seconds

Old
03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
That. And since all they can say is how great Buffalo is and how Raleigh is nothing but a bunch of Redneck hicks, they need to go on back to that sh!thole that is Buffalo. Quit moving here. Their a$$es are here for alot of reasons and it ain't because Buffalo is so damn great.
I grew up in Upstate NY as a Penguin fan... As SOON as my permanent home got the Canes, I pens became a memory... These ****ing imbeciles spend so much time picking on a fan base that is developing that they don't get to see what is right in front of them... Cheer for your Sabres, that's fine, but learn to appreciate what we have and cheer for the Canes the other 78 times... Buff fans are the worst about it too, I hope those ****ers never win a cup and those punks have to look at our banner for their whole life...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:17 PM
impeach estaalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
If John and Mike don't stop telling me how good Brindy is now, I'm going to puke my ****ing guts out... **** already
If you're the Carolina Hurricanes, you've got to be thrilled with what you've seen from #17 over the last little while. I'm telling you, if you get Rod Brind'amour back to peak form next season, sign Ray Whitney for three or four years, and maybe pick up a good veteran defenseman like Aaron Ward or Niclas Wallin, it won't be long before you're back at the Cup Finals. Rod Brind'amour took a lot of criticism early in the season, but you can say for sure that he'd be a first line center on any team in the league.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm one of the biggest Eric Staal supporters you'll find, but his floating around makes me want to stick a fork in my ****ing eye. If he's hurt, he needs to sit. If he's still having a tough time getting back into the groove after the Olympics, well, then he should still just ****ing sit because his play is 100% complete ****ing garbage. This half ass effort floating ******** in the offensive zone both 5-on-5 and on the PP is pathetic. A complete lackluster effort. Either sit if your injured or simply get your head out of your ass. I have watched Eric since he was 15, love the guy and have too many customized Staal jerseys to count, but calling a spade a spade here, his play is complete garbage.

End.Of.Rant.
I've wanted to post something similar for the past few days, but quite frankly didn't feel like getting into an argument with you.

Kudos for not being ChuckW in relation to Cole.

I can't count how many times I yelled at Staal tonight for, to put it bluntly, being lazy.

Sens1Canes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:33 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
I grew up in Upstate NY as a Penguin fan... As SOON as my permanent home got the Canes, I pens became a memory... These ****ing imbeciles spend so much time picking on a fan base that is developing that they don't get to see what is right in front of them... Cheer for your Sabres, that's fine, but learn to appreciate what we have and cheer for the Canes the other 78 times... Buff fans are the worst about it too, I hope those ****ers never win a cup and those punks have to look at our banner for their whole life...
I grew up a Dolphins fan, but when I moved to Raleigh I adopted the Panthers. It was a gradual process, and drafting Peppers certainly helped, but I'm now a Panthers fan. When they played earlier this year I was rooting hard for Carolina so I could talk trash to my family who are still in love with Miami.

Back on topic, I thought Brind'amour played OK today. His line was a whole lot of nothing but he wasn't brutal defensively either. He won some draws in those last 3 minutes even though ultimately nothing came of it. He played decently for what he is now--a 4th liner.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
It's weird how Triangle-residing Buffalo fans despise the Canes. Except for the two Senator appearances at the RBC Center per year, you're damn right I'm cheering for the Canes every other game.

Although, I must admit it took awhile. I used to go to games with my buddy, a STH, and cheer for whoever the Canes were playing (except the Leafs - it's a cold day in hell when I do that). Some of it was to just have a little rivalry with my buddy, but another part of it was that I had just moved here and I didn't know anything about the Canes. But they've certainly grown on me. It's like you said - I learned to appreciate them. But Buffalo fans? No chance. Arrogance (for no reason, what have they ever won?) combined with spite (for knowing how sh!tty their town is).

Back to my somewhat newfound allegiance to the Canes...doesn't hurt that I encounter Mr. Rutherford a lot, and he's very respectful of my #1 team. At least, to my face he is.

Old
03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
ncsu1

For those not in the arena, every time Buffalo comes to down CanesVision finds different messages to put up on the videoboard for their fans.

Past favorites include "The Carolina Hurricanes have won as many Super Bowl Championships as the Buffalo Bills."

I wish I could remember some of the other good ones, but tonight, at least they had "Today marks the 1,062th straight day of snow in Buffalo" and "Cheer if you like Carolina BBQ more than Buffalo Wings" and while the crowd was already loud, it cuts to a camera zooming in on the Stanley Cup banner. The arena was rocking. It was great. I ****ing hate those asshats.

ncsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:52 PM
SabresFreak97

I find it funny that most/all people here complain that Buffalo fans are arrogant and rude and so on so forth...Yet then in the same sentence(or Breath) they say how crappy Buffalo is ...Basically you're saying Buffalo fans have no respect for other fan bases yet you will say things like how they don't win anything, most ignorant fanbases. just wow...

I went to a game in Carolina last year and I have to say the Carolina fans I sat next to were pretty cool. They seemed to have no problem with me being there. So in turn I respected them and stayed away from making statements that they see as disrespectful. We had a good time discussing what each team was doing. Well, when I stepped outside I went to call another group of fans over so we can go to a bar. I grabbed my phone a Carolina fan dressed in all Hurricane gear, took it and chucked it across the parking lot.

Moral of the Story: Don't judge your opinion on a fanbase just by a few people that are intoxicated and obviously don't know any better.

Also, this proves that all fanbases have the idiots that ruin the fun for everyone else. So maybe I should judge the Hurricanes' fans on the idiot that threw my phone.

SabresFreak97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFreak97 View Post
...Yet then in the same sentence(or Breath) they say how crappy Buffalo is ...:
But....Buffalo IS crappy.

Old
03-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu1 View Post
For those not in the arena, every time Buffalo comes to down CanesVision finds different messages to put up on the videoboard for their fans.

Past favorites include "The Carolina Hurricanes have won as many Super Bowl Championships as the Buffalo Bills."

I wish I could remember some of the other good ones, but tonight, at least they had "Today marks the 1,062th straight day of snow in Buffalo" and "Cheer if you like Carolina BBQ more than Buffalo Wings" and while the crowd was already loud, it cuts to a camera zooming in on the Stanley Cup banner. The arena was rocking. It was great. I ****ing hate those asshats.
Get it straight buddy. It was the 2,310 th straight day of snow in Buffalo.

Old
03-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Caniac4ever
Gleason 4 Norris

vCash: 2924
Quote:
I find it funny that most/all people here complain that Buffalo fans are arrogant and rude and so on so forth...Yet then in the same sentence(or Breath) they say how crappy Buffalo is ...Basically you're saying Buffalo fans have no respect for other fan bases yet you will say things like how they don't win anything, most ignorant fanbases. just wow...

I went to a game in Carolina last year and I have to say the Carolina fans I sat next to were pretty cool. They seemed to have no problem with me being there. So in turn I respected them and stayed away from making statements that they see as disrespectful. We had a good time discussing what each team was doing. Well, when I stepped outside I went to call another group of fans over so we can go to a bar. I grabbed my phone a Carolina fan dressed in all Hurricane gear, took it and chucked it across the parking lot.

Moral of the Story: Don't judge your opinion on a fanbase just by a few people that are intoxicated and obviously don't know any better.

Also, this proves that all fanbases have the idiots that ruin the fun for everyone else. So maybe I should judge the Hurricanes' fans on the idiot that threw my phone.
Please do! Ok, I won't be a butt...

I think so much of it has to do with how you act at an away arena. I love traveling to Hurricanes away games. I've had some great times and some really sucky ones. For the most part tho, if you behave like you would want visiting fans of other teams in your arena to behave you won't have any problems.

All the spite here for Slugs fans goes back to 2006 when we had fans from 4 teams visit our arena during our run to the cup. Sadly, Buffalo fans were the only ones that trashed our arena and acted like turds. So no, we can't judge all Slugs fans as turds. However, we have more than enough of them that ruin if for the rest...

Sorry about the phone problem. I had a similar story in Philly and there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. Ever...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:

Sorry... Every Sabre fan I meet around town talks down about our fans and their lack of knowledge... I ****ing hate the Sabres based on their fanbase... I grew up in Ithaca and dealt with the Buffalo guys all the time... It's like they feel they get to be ass holes when they get in a pack... I have never seen anything like it... EVER... No other city in upstate NY is like that

Old
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
Please do! Ok, I won't be a butt...

I think so much of it has to do with how you act at an away arena. I love traveling to Hurricanes away games. I've had some great times and some really sucky ones. For the most part tho, if you behave like you would want visiting fans of other teams in your arena to behave you won't have any problems.

All the spite here for Slugs fans goes back to 2006 when we had fans from 4 teams visit our arena during our run to the cup. Sadly, Buffalo fans were the only ones that trashed our arena and acted like turds. So no, we can't judge all Slugs fans as turds. However, we have more than enough of them that ruin if for the rest...

Sorry about the phone problem. I had a similar story in Philly and there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. Ever...
Exactly, show some manners in another persons house... I ALWAYS show respect when in a visiting arena

Old
03-22-2010, 12:29 AM
bleedgreen

no offense guys but it is what it is. i was raised in the northeast, and i hate all the other northeast teams. i hope the bruins get malaria. its the way i was brought up. you fight for your team and hate the rivals, you dont respect them. i hate ray bourque and roy. h a t e them. i dont care how distinguished their careers were, they were the guys throwing daggers in my heart. when it comes to hockey, the northeast in general, and by extension imo upstate ny there are geographical rivals in play that maybe you guys arent used in hockey as you are in other sports? you hate rival colleges maybe? i dont know what it is. i know its the opposite here in CO. avs fans dont hate anybody but the red wings, and they dont know anyone currently on the red wings. or the avs really. back home in the ne you get used to hating all the teams around you, since there are so many of them and you come into contact with so many of their fans. the canes and the sabres have history. listening to you guys talk about sabres fans sounds exactly like everyone i know from the northeast. we love our team. your team sucks. we know more than you so dont bother arguing. its a way of life.

you cant take it personally.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM
ncsu1

from another forum:

Quote:
"at the game today with my 3 year old...and we are walking through the concourse to our seats and there are a group of 4 sabres fans...mid twenties...my daugher says "excuse me" so we could get past, and they move, and one of them noticing her Canes jersey says "nice jersey, too bad you are going to have to find someone else to root for when this joke of a franchise goes away" with his friends snickering I walk over and get in his face and say "junior, either you are going to walk away or I am going to lay you out in front of your friends and this three year old...you choose". He looks around for a second and his buddy says "come on, lets go" and they walk away..."

ncsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
no offense guys but it is what it is. i was raised in the northeast, and i hate all the other northeast teams. i hope the bruins get malaria. its the way i was brought up. you fight for your team and hate the rivals, you dont respect them. i hate ray bourque and roy. h a t e them. i dont care how distinguished their careers were, they were the guys throwing daggers in my heart. when it comes to hockey, the northeast in general, and by extension imo upstate ny there are geographical rivals in play that maybe you guys arent used in hockey as you are in other sports? you hate rival colleges maybe? i dont know what it is. i know its the opposite here in CO. avs fans dont hate anybody but the red wings, and they dont know anyone currently on the red wings. or the avs really. back home in the ne you get used to hating all the teams around you, since there are so many of them and you come into contact with so many of their fans. the canes and the sabres have history. listening to you guys talk about sabres fans sounds exactly like everyone i know from the northeast. we love our team. your team sucks. we know more than you so dont bother arguing. its a way of life.

Point is their hate and ass holeness in our building goes long back before we were rivals... So that argument holds no water... I HATE the Devils, but when I went there, I was well behaved.. I HATE UNC, but I am behaved in their building

Old
03-22-2010, 12:42 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:

There's hating rivals, then there's acting like a complete embarrassment of a person in public.

It's unfair to generalize all Sabres fans, but the honest truth is that they more than anyone have been embarrassments in public. I could tell stories about 2006, but I'm sure everyone else can as well.

As a Carolina fan, I hate Duke and NC State with a passion, and will never watch games with friends of mine who are fans of either, but at the end of the day, we're still friends.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu1 View Post
from another forum:

That right there sums them up!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're not going anywhere slugs...

The arrogance of that group of fans that has won NOTHING in it's entire history is amazing... They managed to not win a cup with one of the top 3 goalies of all time too...

The city of Buffalo has taken losing to a new form of art, and they have the arrogance to strut... Talk about a group that is out of touch with reality

Old
03-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

I would just like to give props to the Sabres fans behind me led by a gentlemen wearing a custom DRUNKARD 69 jersey and leading such chants as "OJ SIMPSON, OJ SIMPSON" and "OOOHH AAHHH SABRES ON THE WAR PATH".

I think that was the most fun I have ever had at a game where we lost. These guys were completely insane and wasted out of their mind like most Sabres fans I have encountered at games in Raleigh, but unlike the others instead of being hostile they were just hilarious.

03-22-2010, 12:56 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Point is their hate and ass holeness in our building goes long back before we were rivals... So that argument holds no water... I HATE the Devils, but when I went there, I was well behaved.. I HATE UNC, but I am behaved in their building
yeah. well half the bruins fans would come down to the civic center cuz hartford was closer than boston for part of the state - and manners were never expected or received. more violence than you can imagine. to me that was hockey. its ugly and in your face and you tell people off even in their own building. i would never expect someone to have respect in my building, but i would expect everyone to give them nothing but **** when they didnt. i think the argument holds water all day because respect in the others building was something i had never even thought of and i was raised in that world. hockey is an ugly dirty sport, and its fans embrace it. those guys are just waiting fopeople to be brave enough to talk smack to them, its a badge of courage for them to bring it to your house. talk smack to them the moment you see them, thats what they would do to you.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Ugh, one of the main reasons I don't like playing the Sabres. Not the behavior of the Sabres fans there (I'm smart enough to not go to those games), but the *****ing and moaning about them afterwards.

Yes, Sabre fans down here tend to make themselves a lot more noticeable than some of the other transplants that reside here. But is complaining about how terrible they were really going to change anything?

Everyone going to that game tonight knew who it was against and the likelihood of dealing with drunken Sabre fans. The arena provides heightened security for this games for a reason.

So why is it after every game against them, it's the same thing over and over again. Were you surprised that it wasn't any different this time around? Did you go to the game expecting something different? If you didn't, you really can't complain.

But all of that can usually be ignored if there wasn't so many cases of calling the kettle black. You can't berate the Sabres fans for calling Raleigh a crappy place to live if you follow up that statement by saying how crappy Buffalo is. Do you not see the problem there?

Sorry, this is going to step on some toes and blah, blah, blah, but it needed to be said.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:46 AM
WalkerBabe

Regarding Eric Staal, who is one of my favorite players ... He was HOT as he went off to the Olympics, he was HOT at the Olympics early on in the games with Sid the Kid ... then the -Russian put him into the boards in that one game, and he has not looked the same since. Yes, he came back into that game, and has continued to play but he has never looked the same. He was down on the ice for longer than I'm comfortable with, and I think he's just not quite right ...

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Ugh, one of the main reasons I don't like playing the Sabres. Not the behavior of the Sabres fans there (I'm smart enough to not go to those games), but the *****ing and moaning about them afterwards.

Yes, Sabre fans down here tend to make themselves a lot more noticeable than some of the other transplants that reside here. But is complaining about how terrible they were really going to change anything?

Everyone going to that game tonight knew who it was against and the likelihood of dealing with drunken Sabre fans. The arena provides heightened security for this games for a reason.

So why is it after every game against them, it's the same thing over and over again. Were you surprised that it wasn't any different this time around? Did you go to the game expecting something different? If you didn't, you really can't complain.

But all of that can usually be ignored if there wasn't so many cases of calling the kettle black. You can't berate the Sabres fans for calling Raleigh a crappy place to live if you follow up that statement by saying how crappy Buffalo is. Do you not see the problem there?

Sorry, this is going to step on some toes and blah, blah, blah, but it needed to be said.
uhhhh

Old
03-22-2010, 02:42 AM
VoodooChile

I gotta say that Sabres fans are by far the worst behaved fans I have encountered at the RBC Center. But they're just pissed off that the Bills will be moving to LA I guess.

Funny story, I was talking to a really cute bartender from Buffalo when I was living in LA, and I asked her if she was a Sabres fan. She says, "Of course" and I said "I'm a Hurricanes fan" and immediately we both scowled at each other without a word and the conversation ended. I still tipped her, but it wasn't easy

VoodooChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:42 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
yeah. well half the bruins fans would come down to the civic center cuz hartford was closer than boston for part of the state - and manners were never expected or received. more violence than you can imagine. to me that was hockey. its ugly and in your face and you tell people off even in their own building. i would never expect someone to have respect in my building, but i would expect everyone to give them nothing but **** when they didnt. i think the argument holds water all day because respect in the others building was something i had never even thought of and i was raised in that world. hockey is an ugly dirty sport, and its fans embrace it. those guys are just waiting fopeople to be brave enough to talk smack to them, its a badge of courage for them to bring it to your house. talk smack to them the moment you see them, thats what they would do to you.
Thank you. I personally don't engage other teams fans shy of them flat out asking for it, but it happens and especially in the northeast. As bad as it's been here between Canes and Sabres fans, and the 06 playoffs were pretty ****ing bad, for the most part it's not been as bad in the past couple seasons. And even the 06 playoffs weren't as bad as some of the stuff I've seen in person and been a part of. If some of you people want bad, come with me to a Backyard Brawl. If you think Sabres fans talk **** about this area you haven't heard a damn thing until you've heard Pitt fans on West Virginia. And if you think Sabres fans have an "us against the world" mentality then you need to see some West Virginia fans in action, especially those from in state as much as they'd like to deny it. I'd get banned for posting just some of the **** that's been verbally slung at me at those games.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote