HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Starting goalie next season

Old
03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...

vCash: 1004
Let's wait and see who outplays who tonight - Nabokov vs. Turdco

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
A lot is going to depend on if Patty resigns.

1) Patty leaves
- this should mean no issues resigning RFA (that they want) = less new holes to fill.

Blake is likely signed for less.

Add top 4 D
Add top 6 F
resign Nabby or bring in vet (Turco)

2) Patty Resigns
- This likely means the Sharks are looking to spend a lot less between the pipes.

I could see a guy like Ellis being brought in as the #1. The savings is used to sign the top RFA and one is let go in order to bring in a top 4 D.
I could see your point #2 as the most likely no matter what happens these playoffs or how Naby plays. Ellis would be a solid pick up and, with the play of Renne, most likely to be available (as will Leclaire out of Ottawa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
nvm

I still say go young
Ditto on that. Even if both, let them battle it out plus will save loads of dollars, which our team really really needs to do to sign some bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I am next to certain that regardless of how Patty or Nabby play out, they're keeping Pavelski and Setoguchi. If anything, Clowe is the most expendable in terms of a big money asset they'd move to keep guys around. Personally however, I'd look into moving Douglas Murray first. And I know I'm in the minority on that but I just can't see him being the correct way to go as a top four defenseman and is paid too much to be a #5, imo.
P.F., you know I have to bug you and can't let that go with a quick and simple major disagree!! Solid #4/decent money as to what is being thrown around the league nowadays. I'll stop there.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I am next to certain that regardless of how Patty or Nabby play out, they're keeping Pavelski and Setoguchi. If anything, Clowe is the most expendable in terms of a big money asset they'd move to keep guys around. Personally however, I'd look into moving Douglas Murray first. And I know I'm in the minority on that but I just can't see him being the correct way to go as a top four defenseman and is paid too much to be a #5, imo.
Why dump Murray? Look at what Ference got in BOS compared to that Murray is bargain...Huskins is a bargain. We need to reduce our goalie payroll & use that money for some defense. Don't bring Blake back & trade Clowe and/or Huskins & use that money for forward salary increases. In the end its going to be Marleau + Nabby or Marleau + Clowe or Marleau + Nabby + Clowe + AHL Shuttle + Bad Defense.

Boyle
Vlasic
Mid-range UFA D (Seidenberg? Volchenkov? Hamhuis? Michalek?)
Murray
Demers
Moore

We should only trade Murray IF we land Kaberle or Kubina & Moore sticks.

dumpnchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpnchase View Post
Why dump Murray? Look at what Ference got in BOS compared to that Murray is bargain...Huskins is a bargain. We need to reduce our goalie payroll & use that money for some defense. Don't bring Blake back & trade Clowe and/or Huskins & use that money for forward salary increases. In the end its going to be Marleau + Nabby or Marleau + Clowe or Marleau + Nabby + Clowe + AHL Shuttle + Bad Defense.

Boyle
Vlasic
Mid-range UFA D (Seidenberg? Volchenkov? Hamhuis? Michalek?)
Murray
Demers
Moore

We should only trade Murray IF we land Kaberle or Kubina & Moore sticks.
I'll say ditto on the Murray again and as well to keep Clowe and Patty and; most know i've been pushing for Moore to get a shot all season (thanks T.M.) and to keep up Demers so, I have to add that I really like that D you show. Definately much better than what we have now.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote