HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa @ Montreal -7:30Pm- Sportsnet East/RDS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2010, 08:22 AM
  #51
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,194
vCash: 500
Man, I forgot how annoying Habs fans were. I like them a lot better when their team is irrelevant.

Whining about injuries? Leave it to them to think they're the only team who goes through them...

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
  #52
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
If we were not expected to be good why did our GM move two 2nds and Picard for Sutton and Cullen? (Two rentals)

It seems your expectations are a lot different from managements.
There is a difference thinking your going to be a play off team vs beeing a top 5 team i don't think many expected that.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:33 AM
  #53
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Man, I forgot how annoying Habs fans were. I like them a lot better when their team is irrelevant.

Whining about injuries? Leave it to them to think they're the only team who goes through them...
What i find funny is some habs fans were on ottawa fans when we had all those injury issues.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
  #54
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I don't know how many times i have to say this but i will say it yet again.Ottawa is an elite team not a great team was not expected to to be a top 5 teams even in the conference.Does this mean this lossing streak is great no and that same time its not as bad as if they were a team expected to do well and go far there doing in some ways better then expected.
I think I just read this 5 times but the grammar is so bad I don't get what you could possibly be trying to say. Maybe that's why you have to keep saying it?


Hoping for a big win tonight. There is still time to turn it around and go into the playoffs playing well. Elliott needs to step it up, enough messing around. Go Sens Go

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
  #55
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,749
vCash: 500
What do pre-season expectations matter? The Sens had a chance at the division and 3rd place and they blew it. Now they have to fight for their playoff lives over the next 10 games instead of jockying for position. No excuses. Start winning.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
  #56
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
There is a difference thinking your going to be a play off team vs beeing a top 5 team i don't think many expected that.
management believed we were and that's really all that matters. So yes there is a lot of pressure on the Sens to win.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:51 AM
  #57
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
management believed we were and that's really all that matters. So yes there is a lot of pressure on the Sens to win.
It's huge pressure. Sadly they are crumbling under it. It's becoming more and more apparent that bringing in rentals reinforced the fact that they are expected to go deep, and they aren't handling it well. I can't blame anyone but the players though, they should be able to handle this... there's still a bit of time to make up for it.

If they find a way to completely implode and miss the playoffs, I'm probably going to start crying from them to clean house. Please don't let that happen Sens!

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
  #58
SenatorsFC
Registered User
 
SenatorsFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plantagenet
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
I'm really hoping Kovy has a big game tonight. Would be the perfect time to end his horrible slump.

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
  #59
Kanataboy68
 
Kanataboy68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Poster View Post
It's huge pressure. Sadly they are crumbling under it. It's becoming more and more apparent that bringing in rentals reinforced the fact that they are expected to go deep, and they aren't handling it well. I can't blame anyone but the players though, they should be able to handle this... there's still a bit of time to make up for it.

If they find a way to completely implode and miss the playoffs, I'm probably going to start crying from them to clean house. Please don't let that happen Sens!
I am not a big believer that the players feel pressure from the ownership or the GM. It's a downhill slope from the Owner to the players, and the players really get pressure from fans, the coaches and their teammates. The way players talk about the coach and each other says a lot about what they think.

I have a problem with the fact that they are juggling lines and changing things up constantly at this point in the year. Clouston has blown the goalie thing, and that will ride with the team for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Leclaire is not game ready, and Elliott can't play every night.

The defense has been wanting for a while. Where is Carvel in all of this?? Is he not the defence coach? I am starting to wonder about some of the poor play being the result of shifting lines, unstable goaltending and poor defensive coaching/strategy. I would not take the discussion any further and question if players are trying, overpaid or too pressured.

I am blaming the coaching. We have talent and grit. I think we lack a coaching group that can get the most out of a pretty talented line-up (on paper).

Kanataboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
  #60
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Poster View Post
It's huge pressure. Sadly they are crumbling under it. It's becoming more and more apparent that bringing in rentals reinforced the fact that they are expected to go deep, and they aren't handling it well. I can't blame anyone but the players though, they should be able to handle this... there's still a bit of time to make up for it.

If they find a way to completely implode and miss the playoffs, I'm probably going to start crying from them to clean house. Please don't let that happen Sens!
Even if they miss the play offs i would not call it them implode .If they were a elite team or a good team then yes but there a ok team doing better then expected.Does that make it right now but people just need to relax and see what happens.I aslo would not call it huge presure again if they were like the team in 2007 and this did happen then yes but with this team no there is still presure but not huge.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
  #61
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Even if they miss the play offs i would not call it them implode .If they were a elite team or a good team then yes but there a ok team doing better then expected.Does that make it right now but people just need to relax and see what happens.I aslo would not call it huge presure again if they were like the team in 2007 and this did happen then yes but with this team no there is still presure but not huge.


If blowing a 14 point lead with 20 games to go after being buyers at the trade deadline is not an implode, I'd like to know what is?

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
  #62
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
There is some presure on ottawa to win just as they some maybe alot on montreal to win this game.
thanks for the laugh

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
  #63
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post


If blowing a 14 point lead with 20 games to go after being buyers at the trade deadline is not an implode, I'd like to know what is?
Again what i am saying is ottawa is not a great team or a good team.You can not compare them them to a elite team blowing a 14 point lead.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
  #64
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Again what i am saying is ottawa is not a great team or a good team.You can not compare them them to a elite team blowing a 14 point lead.
So again I'll ask if they are not great or good why the hell did we move two 2nds and Picard for playoff rentals?

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
  #65
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
So again I'll ask if they are not great or good why the hell did we move two 2nds and Picard for playoff rentals?
I don't see how you see that as a move a great team would make.If ottawa really thought they could go far they would have gone have a top 4 d man or a true number one goalie.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
  #66
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post


If blowing a 14 point lead with 20 games to go after being buyers at the trade deadline is not an implode, I'd like to know what is?
Going from 1st to 7th after the all-star break and getting swept in the first round!

Another off-season like that one would be brutal.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
  #67
Silex
Registered User
 
Silex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I don't know how many times i have to say this but i will say it yet again.Ottawa is an elite team not a great team was not expected to to be a top 5 teams even in the conference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Again what i am saying is ottawa is not a great team or a good team.You can not compare them them to a elite team blowing a 14 point lead.

Silex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:51 AM
  #68
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I don't see how you see that as a move a great team would make.If ottawa really thought they could go far they would have gone have a top 4 d man or a true number one goalie.
Sutton is a top four D
Murray already traded Vermette for Leclaire. You think he'll get another goalie?

If the Sens could not contenders they don't give away picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Poster View Post
Going from 1st to 7th after the all-star break and getting swept in the first round!
Oh snap

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
  #69
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Poster View Post
Going from 1st to 7th after the all-star break and getting swept in the first round!

Another off-season like that one would be brutal.
But thats my point you really can't put this team on the same level as the 2008 team.That team just comming off a trip to the finals was expected to have a great year and go far.This team not very good not bad but not great was not expected to even make the play offs.THat is not to say it would not be good but not as bad as that 2008 season.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:54 AM
  #70
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silex View Post
I will say it again if your a team that thinks your going to go far and are only missing a couple players.You then do what ever you can to get those players be it giving up a good prospect or a high draft pick.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
  #71
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Sutton is a top four D
Murray already traded Vermette for Leclaire. You think he'll get another goalie?

If the Sens could not contenders they don't give away picks.



Oh snap
Your missing my point i am not saying there not thinking there contenders.What i am saying is there not an elite team.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
  #72
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I will say it again if your a team that thinks your going to go far and are only missing a couple players.You then do what ever you can to get those players be it giving up a good prospect or a high draft pick.
Exactly why the Sens have high pressure, cause Murray went out and did what you wrote.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
  #73
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Exactly why the Sens have high pressure, cause Murray went out and did what you wrote.
No what murray did was low risk.If he had traded a karllsson or a 1st round pick then things would have been different.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
  #74
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Exactly why the Sens have high pressure, cause Murray went out and did what you wrote.
He traded two 2nds. In the relative sense, you could say that the New Jersey Devils are under a significant amount of pressure, not Ottawa.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
  #75
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons
 
Ghost in the Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 9,024
vCash: 920
Don't know about this one. Camo back and Montreal on fire lately.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.