HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa @ Montreal -7:30Pm- Sportsnet East/RDS

Old
03-22-2010, 08:22 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

vCash: 500
Man, I forgot how annoying Habs fans were. I like them a lot better when their team is irrelevant.

Whining about injuries? Leave it to them to think they're the only team who goes through them...

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
If we were not expected to be good why did our GM move two 2nds and Picard for Sutton and Cullen? (Two rentals)

It seems your expectations are a lot different from managements.
There is a difference thinking your going to be a play off team vs beeing a top 5 team i don't think many expected that.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:33 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Man, I forgot how annoying Habs fans were. I like them a lot better when their team is irrelevant.

Whining about injuries? Leave it to them to think they're the only team who goes through them...
What i find funny is some habs fans were on ottawa fans when we had all those injury issues.

Old
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I don't know how many times i have to say this but i will say it yet again.Ottawa is an elite team not a great team was not expected to to be a top 5 teams even in the conference.Does this mean this lossing streak is great no and that same time its not as bad as if they were a team expected to do well and go far there doing in some ways better then expected.
I think I just read this 5 times but the grammar is so bad I don't get what you could possibly be trying to say. Maybe that's why you have to keep saying it?

Hoping for a big win tonight. There is still time to turn it around and go into the playoffs playing well. Elliott needs to step it up, enough messing around. Go Sens Go

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

What do pre-season expectations matter? The Sens had a chance at the division and 3rd place and they blew it. Now they have to fight for their playoff lives over the next 10 games instead of jockying for position. No excuses. Start winning.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
There is a difference thinking your going to be a play off team vs beeing a top 5 team i don't think many expected that.
management believed we were and that's really all that matters. So yes there is a lot of pressure on the Sens to win.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
management believed we were and that's really all that matters. So yes there is a lot of pressure on the Sens to win.
It's huge pressure. Sadly they are crumbling under it. It's becoming more and more apparent that bringing in rentals reinforced the fact that they are expected to go deep, and they aren't handling it well. I can't blame anyone but the players though, they should be able to handle this... there's still a bit of time to make up for it.

If they find a way to completely implode and miss the playoffs, I'm probably going to start crying from them to clean house. Please don't let that happen Sens!

Old
03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
I'm really hoping Kovy has a big game tonight. Would be the perfect time to end his horrible slump.

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Kanataboy68

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Poster View Post
It's huge pressure. Sadly they are crumbling under it. It's becoming more and more apparent that bringing in rentals reinforced the fact that they are expected to go deep, and they aren't handling it well. I can't blame anyone but the players though, they should be able to handle this... there's still a bit of time to make up for it.

If they find a way to completely implode and miss the playoffs, I'm probably going to start crying from them to clean house. Please don't let that happen Sens!
I am not a big believer that the players feel pressure from the ownership or the GM. It's a downhill slope from the Owner to the players, and the players really get pressure from fans, the coaches and their teammates. The way players talk about the coach and each other says a lot about what they think.

I have a problem with the fact that they are juggling lines and changing things up constantly at this point in the year. Clouston has blown the goalie thing, and that will ride with the team for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Leclaire is not game ready, and Elliott can't play every night.

The defense has been wanting for a while. Where is Carvel in all of this?? Is he not the defence coach? I am starting to wonder about some of the poor play being the result of shifting lines, unstable goaltending and poor defensive coaching/strategy. I would not take the discussion any further and question if players are trying, overpaid or too pressured.

I am blaming the coaching. We have talent and grit. I think we lack a coaching group that can get the most out of a pretty talented line-up (on paper).

Kanataboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

Even if they miss the play offs i would not call it them implode .If they were a elite team or a good team then yes but there a ok team doing better then expected.Does that make it right now but people just need to relax and see what happens.I aslo would not call it huge presure again if they were like the team in 2007 and this did happen then yes but with this team no there is still presure but not huge.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Even if they miss the play offs i would not call it them implode .If they were a elite team or a good team then yes but there a ok team doing better then expected.Does that make it right now but people just need to relax and see what happens.I aslo would not call it huge presure again if they were like the team in 2007 and this did happen then yes but with this team no there is still presure but not huge.

If blowing a 14 point lead with 20 games to go after being buyers at the trade deadline is not an implode, I'd like to know what is?

Old
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
There is some presure on ottawa to win just as they some maybe alot on montreal to win this game.
thanks for the laugh

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

If blowing a 14 point lead with 20 games to go after being buyers at the trade deadline is not an implode, I'd like to know what is?
Again what i am saying is ottawa is not a great team or a good team.You can not compare them them to a elite team blowing a 14 point lead.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Again what i am saying is ottawa is not a great team or a good team.You can not compare them them to a elite team blowing a 14 point lead.
So again I'll ask if they are not great or good why the hell did we move two 2nds and Picard for playoff rentals?

Old
03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
So again I'll ask if they are not great or good why the hell did we move two 2nds and Picard for playoff rentals?
I don't see how you see that as a move a great team would make.If ottawa really thought they could go far they would have gone have a top 4 d man or a true number one goalie.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:

Going from 1st to 7th after the all-star break and getting swept in the first round!

Another off-season like that one would be brutal.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Silex

Quote:
I don't know how many times i have to say this but i will say it yet again.Ottawa is an elite team not a great team was not expected to to be a top 5 teams even in the conference.

Quote:

Silex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:51 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
I don't see how you see that as a move a great team would make.If ottawa really thought they could go far they would have gone have a top 4 d man or a true number one goalie.
Sutton is a top four D
Murray already traded Vermette for Leclaire. You think he'll get another goalie?

If the Sens could not contenders they don't give away picks.

Quote:
Going from 1st to 7th after the all-star break and getting swept in the first round!
Oh snap

Old
03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

Another off-season like that one would be brutal.
But thats my point you really can't put this team on the same level as the 2008 team.That team just comming off a trip to the finals was expected to have a great year and go far.This team not very good not bad but not great was not expected to even make the play offs.THat is not to say it would not be good but not as bad as that 2008 season.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:54 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silex View Post
I will say it again if your a team that thinks your going to go far and are only missing a couple players.You then do what ever you can to get those players be it giving up a good prospect or a high draft pick.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Sutton is a top four D
Murray already traded Vermette for Leclaire. You think he'll get another goalie?

If the Sens could not contenders they don't give away picks.

Oh snap
Your missing my point i am not saying there not thinking there contenders.What i am saying is there not an elite team.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
I will say it again if your a team that thinks your going to go far and are only missing a couple players.You then do what ever you can to get those players be it giving up a good prospect or a high draft pick.
Exactly why the Sens have high pressure, cause Murray went out and did what you wrote.

Old
03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Exactly why the Sens have high pressure, cause Murray went out and did what you wrote.
No what murray did was low risk.If he had traded a karllsson or a 1st round pick then things would have been different.

Old
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
source

Quote:
He traded two 2nds. In the relative sense, you could say that the New Jersey Devils are under a significant amount of pressure, not Ottawa.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Don't know about this one. Camo back and Montreal on fire lately.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote