HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa @ Montreal -7:30Pm- Sportsnet East/RDS

Old
03-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Alfredsson11

vCash: 500
Z Michalek is going to get 4.5+ on the open market, I think

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I love Kelly but i wouldn't mind trading him for a pick before the draft in order to keep Cullen.

Same with Sutton, i love Volchenkov but i wouldn't mind signing Sutton to a 2 years deal to save some cap space.

- Trade Kelly and Lee before/at the draft for picks/prospects
- Trade Volchenkov's rights before/at the draft for picks/prospects

- Sign Cullen (2.8 for 2 years)
- Sign Sutton (2.2 for 2 years)
- Sign Z.Michalek (4.0 for 5 years)

Hopefully, they wouldn't be too greedy but if they have terrific playoffs, they would likely cost a little bit more...

2011-2012

Cullen-Spezza-Kovalev
Michalek-Fisher-Alfredsson
Foligno-Regin-Shannon
Ruutu-Z.Smith-Neil
Winchester

Kuba-Z.Michalek
Phillips-Karlsson
Sutton-Campoli
Carkner

Would be really tight to the cap though, might need to trade Kuba or forget about Z.Michalek... which is a pipe dream anyway
You mean 2010-11? If it's 2011-12, I think Cowen and Wiercioch would be on the team by then.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
BigEyedPhish

I'd really like it if we could find a way to trade Kuba, but I don't see that happening as he has a NTC. I am also one for re-signing Cullen.

If we lose Volchenkov he would be a decent substitute at a cheaper price. Cullen I'm not so sure, but I'd like to see a spot up front open up for Z. Smith/Daugavins/Petersson. I think our lines should be reworked, with Michalek on a line with Fisher and Kovalev.

If we lost Volchenkov and with Cheechoo buried I like to look for a decent sniper to fit up on the first line if we could afford that, I'm not sure what our cap situation looks like next year, but I'd like to see..

UFA (sniper) - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Fisher - Kovalev

as our top 2 lines.

I'm not sure, but has Michalek played with fisher at all this season? I realize the playmaking would be a little null, but Kovalev is a pretty damn good playmaker and Michalek and Fisher could torment the enemy quite well..

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:42 AM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
I'd really like it if we could find a way to trade Kuba, but I don't see that happening as he has a NTC....
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kuba's NTC only apply for this season?

SenatorsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kuba's NTC only apply for this season?
I believe you're correct.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
If this is true I think it would be a decent Idea to ship him out.. Wonder if Dallas would do something like Kuba, LeClaire, + Brian Lee for Stefan Robidas..

Old
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
I'd really like it if we could find a way to trade Kuba, but I don't see that happening as he has a NTC. I am also one for re-signing Cullen.

If we lose Volchenkov he would be a decent substitute at a cheaper price. Cullen I'm not so sure, but I'd like to see a spot up front open up for Z. Smith/Daugavins/Petersson. I think our lines should be reworked, with Michalek on a line with Fisher and Kovalev.

If we lost Volchenkov and with Cheechoo buried I like to look for a decent sniper to fit up on the first line if we could afford that, I'm not sure what our cap situation looks like next year, but I'd like to see..

UFA (sniper) - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Fisher - Kovalev

as our top 2 lines.

I'm not sure, but has Michalek played with fisher at all this season? I realize the playmaking would be a little null, but Kovalev is a pretty damn good playmaker and Michalek and Fisher could torment the enemy quite well..
I'd like to take a long look at Petersson in that spot myself. We don't really have the cap space to sign a bonafide sniper in free agency anyways, and we have enough 2nd teir offensive guys on this team as is. There isn't any risk to taking a long look at some in house home run solutions.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:47 AM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBass View Post
I'd like to take a long look at Petersson in that spot myself. We don't really have the cap space to sign a bonafide sniper in free agency anyways, and we have enough 2nd teir offensive guys on this team as is. There isn't any risk to taking a long look at some in house home run solutions.
Same. I have never got to see Petersson play, but from what I hear he has tremendous potential offensively. I think he would have to play sometime in Binghamton tho to get used to the game over here (similar to Karlsson). I wonder if he would look at Karlsson as an example and maybe try it out. I wouldn't mind seeing Daugavins or Petersson fight it out in training camp to earn a spot.

Old
03-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
Z Michalek is going to get 4.5+ on the open market, I think
Maybe, but i'm "wishful thinking" based that he really want to play with his brother in a canadian market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensZilla View Post
You mean 2010-11? If it's 2011-12, I think Cowen and Wiercioch would be on the team by then.
lol typo... I edited

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
invisible25

I really like reading the lineups with the jersey pictures - it's easier on the eyes. Thanks!

invisible25 is offline   Reply With Quote