HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick n Puck & Skating near Manhatten, New York

Old
03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
SuperBlade

vCash: 500
Stick n Puck & Skating near Manhatten, New York

Visiting New York this weekend for 3-4 nights and looking for some ice skating and maybe some stick n' puck.

Has anyone tried Lasker or Wollman rinks? I've never played outdoor hockey since I live in Vancouver. I'll probably pick up a stick from Westside Skate&Stick.

Second Q: I might buy a pair of inline hockey skates to do some blading around Central park. Any recommendations on where to get a good deal? And are there any areas where I can play some casual roller hockey?

Cheers!

SuperBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
robmneilson

lasker rink is closed now, so you're best bet is going to be calling up Citi Ice or Aviator and see if they have stick and puck times.

robmneilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
ryangib

i believe the wollman rink is only for public skating and i think its outdoors and closed by now for the season. you can try chelsea piers but as far as i know its like 25-30 bucks for just open hockey. aviator is in brooklyn. if you have a car, youre better off venturing into lovely new jersey. theres a rink called the ice house, just over the george washington bridge in hackensack, nj.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
ice house does not have stick and puck sessions nor does it carry any roller equipment.
the only other option would be palisades center ice in palisades center mall in west nyack, ny across the tappan zee bridge. they have stick/puck sessions on weekends. usually sundays at 2:50 and sometimes saturdays too.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:05 AM
SuperBlade

Thanks for the info guys!

I'll be staying near Central Park and won't be renting a car. I called today and Wollman rink is open til April 4th. They have "Pond Hockey" this Tuesday. It's pretty expensive but so is everything else in Manhattan.... I can pay $6-$10 for indoor hockey in Vancouver but I've never experienced outdoor ice hockey!

SuperBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
robmneilson

Citi Ice Pavillion in LIC (off the 7 train) has stick and puck on Friday from 715-820. It's expensive as hell though, $25.

robmneilson is offline   Reply With Quote