HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado at LA Monday, 8.30 MT

Old
03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
AvsWraith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
Here's to Paul Stastny dominating the game. I hope he does. That's what a star should do, and a star player is needed to turn this thing around right now.
Staz has been great since the Olympic break. It's the defense that is the problem. I'm starting to think that even if they wanted to, they couldn't provide decent coverage in their own zone. Is it me, or are they also really bad at reading the play? Half the time, teams are able to cycle forever on us because the D goes one way when they should've gone another. They just stop skating and take a penalty to compensate. This team really needs to go after some new defensemen this summer. I don't even want to hear anything about Kovy. It's D we need.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asce View Post
You mean the true superstar Peter Budaj will jump off the bench on the ice, fight Kopitar screaming

"YOU ARE NOT A BETTER THAN STASTNY! ADMIT IT!"

Then, go after Drew Doughty screaming

"YOU ARE NOT A NORRIS TROPHY CANADIAN! DUNCAN KEITH IS BETTER!"

And maybe if he still has energy left, go after Quick screaming,

"YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN JESUS PRICE! DEMAND A TRADE TO MTL TO LEARN FROM THE BEST!"

Oh and if a Kings fan comes by, ->

I hope you are in a relationship then. If not, boy not sure what to tell you.

Try dating sites and tell girls of your problems. Chicks dig broken men for what every crazy reason.
Lol, I'll just go up to a random girl in Boulder and tell her that I'm broken and need to be held.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Lol, I'll just go up to a random girl in Boulder and tell her that I'm broken and need to be held.
While that might work in Boulder, don't try it in Trinidad (NOT speaking from experience here...)

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
While that might work in Boulder, don't try it in Trinidad (NOT speaking from experience here...)
Haha, omg.

Old
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Tell her you just saved a baby harp seal, and she'll bring her roommate.

Tell her that, plus you do yoga, and she'll bring her entire sorority.

Tell her all that, plus you voted for Obama, and she'll bring her entire sorority, and pay for dinner (vegetarian, of course).

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:04 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post

Tell her all that, plus you voted for Obama, and she'll bring her entire sorority, and pay for dinner (vegetarian, of course).

-AB
Don't forget to add that you drive a Prius, and you're actually saving the world as you drive. She'll like that sense of smugness.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Fluke

The only reason we lost to the Ducks is cause we were saving our energy for tonight.

Fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Golden Foppa

I'm assuming Anderson is in net. Anyone heard anything official?

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Adama0905

Quote:

-AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
Don't forget to add that you drive a Prius, and you're actually saving the world as you drive. She'll like that sense of smugness.
Haha, awesome stuff guys. I lol'd

Old
03-22-2010, 01:15 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Haha, awesome stuff guys. I lol'd
I didnt know they had people like this in Colorado too. I thought it was a west coast pseudo-hippie thing...

I just tell girls in Vancouver I know Cody Hodgson

Anyways, 1G 1A from Svatos tonight. A gritty 3-0 win.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:18 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
I didnt know they had people like this in Colorado too. I thought it was a west coast pseudo-hippie thing...

Before he was NHL ready, I just tell girls that I knew Paytt. Not sure why they liked him so much, but hey, it works.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post

I tried that line when I was in vancouver last XMas. But I was drunk, and said "slept with" instead of "know". Still got positive reactions, though...

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:23 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asce View Post
Before he was NHL ready, I just tell girls that I knew Paytt. Not sure why they liked him so much, but hey, it works.
Really? I usually just tell them that I'm the slick in Roberto Luongo's hair, and they quiver in the knees.

Old
03-22-2010, 01:36 PM
The Situation

Quote:

The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:43 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Interesting reaction to a fairly innocuous statement.

The Avs need this one. Haven't heard hide nor hair from Duchene or Mueller in the past two games. Need them to step up.

-AB
I bolded your point because I'm inclined to agree with you. Yet it's been 2 games where they've been scoreless. It's that the Avs haven't played well for the last 2 games, and the defense hasn't been very good for even longer. The only guy who seems to be really trying lately is Tucker...which is odd in and of itself

The thing is...whenver the Avs have a bad game 9/10 times Avsboy begins in on the Stastny talk. Now, if it's justified, like with the Vancouver game, then it's different, it's understandable and I have absolutely no problem with it. With the exception of last year where he missed a lot of time due to injury, Stastny has gotten at least 70 points in each of his years, and this year he's poised for a career high with 11 games left

Now I didn't watch the Avs game last night, I was at work. I got home in time to watch the Post-Game report where Mark Rycroft wasn't exactlly kind to their play. I went back and read the posts from the game, what I came away with was nearly resoundingly 2 things. The defense played bad (what else is new lately) and Anderson didn't play his best game.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepper View Post
The thing is...whenver the Avs have a bad game 9/10 times Avsboy begins in on the Stastny talk.
Perhaps, but in this case, he didn't criticize Stastny at all. Yet the reaction was as if he did.

And a number of his posts about Stastny during the season had merit, IMO. I realize that it's considered the blackest blasphemy in here to offer any criticism of popular Avs players, but just because Stastny got hot and is now playing quite well, doesn't mean that earlier criticism wasn't warranted (when Stastny wasn't playing as well).

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Dude, in this forum, when you offer ANY criticism of a popular Avs player (regardless of how accurate your facts may be), you get responses like that. This is almost without exception. Trust me. ;-)
Spare us the little bonding "world is against us" speech. You're more than aware that the criticisms he's made of Stastny, and many other players in the past (like labeling Duchene a bust 10 games into the season) are wildly inconsistent with reality.

And while the statement above looks innocent, every person who doesn't have Avsboy on block (the number is dwindling) knows he'll be crying about Stastny throughout this thread if he doesn't come away with at least a couple points - and if they're assists will probably say they're a product of his line-mates, or continue to complain that Stastny doesn't dominate enough.

Nothing interesting about Pepper's reaction at all.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Perhaps, but in this case, he didn't criticize Stastny at all. Yet the reaction was as if he did.

And a number of his posts about Stastny during the season had merit, IMO. I realize that it's considered the blackest blasphemy in here to offer any criticism of popular Avs players, but just because Stastny got hot and is now playing quite well, doesn't mean that earlier criticism wasn't warranted (when Stastny wasn't playing as well).

-AB
It's not the criticism that bothers me. It's how he goes about delivering it. For instance, when you have an issue with a player, you're often very respectful, pointing out shortcomings, but not necessarily dogging the guy. Avsboy just rips Stazz and his contract saying he never produces anything other than soft second assists. I think you're intelligent enough to realize that's a little overboard, no?

Old
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
scullion44

I don't care if its a 1-0 shootout win or a 15 to 14 win. Just WIN.

scullion44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:55 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Spare us the little bonding "world is against us" speech.
No thank you.

Quote:
You're more than aware that the criticisms he's made of Stastny, and many other players in the past (like labeling Duchene a bust 10 games into the season) are wildly inconsistent with reality.
Some were, some weren't. Just like most of us do.

One thing I notice is that anyone can post something wildly inconsistent with reality "Chris Durno (or whatever 3rd/4th line guy) is going to be a 1st line forward and score 30 (or whatever outlandish number) goals next year!!! " and no one (except me and a precious few others) says a word.

But, *ANYONE* offers a single iota of criticism of the "chosen ones", and they're demonized. It is the single most consistently predictable behavior on this entire board.

You may choose to ignore that inconsistency, but I choose not to.

-AB

P.S. By the way, O'Reilly now has 5 points in his last 46 games. Bring on the tar and feathers...

Old
03-22-2010, 02:59 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
It's not the criticism that bothers me. It's how he goes about delivering it. For instance, when you have an issue with a player, you're often very respectful, pointing out shortcomings, but not necessarily dogging the guy. Avsboy just rips Stazz and his contract saying he never produces anything other than soft second assists. I think you're intelligent enough to realize that's a little overboard, no?
Sometimes, perhaps. Of course, so are a lot of posters'. I've been told my posts are that way sometimes. None of it bothers me in the least, so maybe I'm not the best source here.

Seems to me though, that when someone is "a little overboard" in support of most Avs players, it doesn't bother anybody. It's the "a little overboard" in criticism of Hejduk, Stastny, O'Reilly, etc. that gets people all up in a ruckus, get's people put in others' ignore lists, etc.

In fact, I'm relatively convinced that when it comes to the popular Avs players, criticism=overboard.

-AB

Last edited by ABasin: 03-22-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old
03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
shadow1

Quote:
One thing I notice is that anyone can post something wildly inconsistent with reality "Chris Durno (or whatever 3rd/4th line guy) is going to be a 1st line forward and score 30 goals next year!!! " and no one (except me and a precious few others) says a word.
Brandon Yip has 11 goals in 26 games, easily enough for a 20 a season pace. That's top six production, which what said he could bring when someone compared him to McLeod.

Haven't heard you bring it up in a while, probably because he scored about 7 or 8 goals since you made your comments.

Quote:
But, *ANYONE* offers a single iota of criticism of the "chosen ones", and they're demonized. It is the single most consistently predictable behavior on this entire board.

You may choose to ignore that inconsistency, but I choose not to.

-AB
Really? People criticize Stastny all the time for the fact that he doesn't shoot enough, or Duchene for taking low quality shots or not hitting the open man with the pass.

Yet no one drags on with it. They don't make five posts in five pages about how Stastny isn't worth his money, or how he should have been traded for Kovalchuk.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
No Kings fan will be coming by.....all 6 of them are in a basement, playing Dungeons & Dragons for the entirety of Spring Break.
We ran out of Doritos, I thought I'd stop by to wish you luck on my way to the 7 Eleven.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Brandon Yip has 11 goals in 26 games, easily enough for a 20 a season pace. That's top six production, which what said he could bring when someone compared him to McLeod.
And O'Reilly had 17 points in his first 22 games. Five points in his last 46. Got to be careful with such short-term statistical analysis.

Quote:
Haven't heard you bring it up in a while, probably because he scored about 7 or 8 goals since you made your comments.
Love Yip's game. Not sure he's a 2nd line talent, but over the next season or so, we should find out.

Quote:
Really? People criticize Stastny all the time for the fact that he doesn't shoot enough,
I don't buy the "all of the time" part of this, but let's just assume that for a moment.

So, why is it perfectly OK for people to criticize Stastny "all of the time" for one part of his game, yet it's not OK for the poster in question to do so about other parts of Stastny's game? Or his salary? If it happens as often as you say it does, then there shouldn't be any problem, right?

Quote:
Yet no one drags on with it. They don't make five posts in five pages about how Stastny isn't worth his money, or how he should have been traded for Kovalchuk.
And what's so wrong if they do? It's OK for a poster to go down on Stastny five times in five pages, but not OK for another poster to offer criticism in equal measure? Why?

And I think a Stastny for Kovalchuk trade is a completely reasonable topic of discussion. A top 10 goal scorer for a top 10 assist guy? Sounds worthy of discussion, anyway. I wasn't for it because the Avs couldn't sign Kovalchuk and it might have been a rental. But, what's the problem in putting forth that opinion?

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
josra33

Just so you guys know (maybe help put you at ease some), since me and my girlfriend have started dating 4 years ago, every single kings game we have gone to has ended in overtime or a shootout. Literally every single one. So you can at least expect a point statistically right?

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote