HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado at LA Monday, 8.30 MT

Old
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Click on the post number (located in the top right corner of each post) and it will open a separate window.

I'm not advocating that people bash on AvsBoy, but if you guys are going to quote other forum members, please also provide a link to the post.

Thanks
ah ok thx. ill do that.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
This is from when the avs lost to Dallas

Avsboy

I think Duchene has around 40% of our goals during our current (potentially former) hot streak. Seriously....why are we paying Paul Stastny $6.6 million a year?? Can we trade him for Kovalchuk straight up? I've suggested this before but its looking more and more desirable. Sooner or later we may have Sean Horcoff on our hands.
Thank you for your help. I see the reference to a trade of Stastny for Kovalchuk - which is a reasonable discussion topic, IMO. And a reference to Horcoff, who's a decent player, though not Stastny's caliber, IMO.

But what I'm looking for is the alleged Avsboy post that says "Stastny sucks".

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Thank you for your help. I see the reference to a trade of Stastny for Kovalchuk - which is a reasonable discussion topic, IMO. And a reference to Horcoff, who's a decent player, though not Stastny's caliber, IMO.

-AB
Horcoff decent player? In what world do you live in. Go ask oilers fans and tell me what they say about Horcoff who sucks and thats what avsboy was implying.

Old
03-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:

-AB
I don't think you'll find a post like that. I defend Avsboy on this one because I think it's a legitimate discussion as well. I just don't take it exactly to the degree he does lol

If he ever said Stastny sucked though, I probably couldn't justify defending that. Paul Stastny is a solid 2-way player at worst.

I've seen a couple of interviews from Sacco (the Vancouver game being the most recent) where he's called out the first line for playing badly. I think the brunt of those comments would fall on Stastny. I'm in no way suggesting that the Avs are going to trade him or he's in the doghouse, but I don't think he's as invincible and untouchable as much as people suggest on here. In fact I think half of this roster will not be the same by the time we win our next 2nd round playoff series. Eventually Duchene is going to be the starting center and Stastny will either benefit from playing on the 2nd line or be expendable.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:39 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Horcoff decent player? In what world do you live in.
Well, in Horcoff, you have a player who has averaged about 20 goals and 57 points in the first 4 seasons after the lockout, while being about the top PK forward on his team for all of that time. This is a player who sucks?

Quote:
Go ask oilers fans and tell me what they say about Horcoff who sucks
I've seen Horcoff play enough to come to my own conclusions. He's been a decent player for years now. Not a great one, but a solid player. This year is simply a bad one for most Edmonton players - the whole team sucks out loud.

Quote:
thats what avsboy was implying.
You don't know what he was implying any more than I do.

I'm still waiting for the post where Avsboy said that "Stastny sucks". Since hyperbole is getting called out in here and all...

(With Avsboy, I suspect you're shooting the messenger, rather than reading the message.)

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott76 View Post
I don't think you'll find a post like that. I defend Avsboy on this one because I think it's a legitimate discussion as well.
I don't suspect it exists either, thus my insistence on finding it. If one is going to call out Avsboy on his "Stastny exaggeration", one shouldn't exaggerate so much oneself.

Quote:
If he ever said Stastny sucked though, I probably couldn't justify defending that. Paul Stastny is a solid 2-way player at worst.
I agree with both of those statements.

Quote:
I've seen a couple of interviews from Sacco (the Vancouver game being the most recent) where he's called out the first line for playing badly. I think the brunt of those comments would fall on Stastny. I'm in no way suggesting that the Avs are going to trade him or he's in the doghouse, but I don't think he's as invincible and untouchable as much as people suggest on here.
I don't either. But that said, someone posted in here a few weeks back (I think it was TwoPadStack) that Stastny does so many important things on the ice that don't show up on a stat sheet. I agree with that. He's a really good player. Glad he's here.

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
StanGetz*

I think Avsboy has officially reached celebrity status on the Avs board. We've literally spent most of our time today talking about him, and just when you think it's over, BAM! More Avsboy. I bet he's lovin' it too.

I've never agreed with anything you've ever said on here Avsboy, but congratulations. When Paul Stazz retires from his long and prosperous career, I will think of you.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
i'm telling you , there is one in the picture ... ok she's not ez to spot , with 12 girls infront of her , but look again
Uhm yeah, there's definitely one in there...you just can't see her because the girl in green ate her.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:46 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Again, I'd describe some of his posts as such. Other posts have merit. I judge each on its own.

-AB
I'd describe 90% of his posts as whiny. Examples:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=893
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=671

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:48 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asce View Post
Ah, well you've come to the right place.
I'll throw some names out there for ya, since I don't wanna high jack the thread.

- Misa Campo
- Leah Dizon
- Kim Sori
- Hyori Lee
- Honey Lee
- Han Chae Young
- Han Ji Min
- Erika Sawajiri
- Nam Sang Mi
- Hwang Mi Hee
- Yuna Ito
- Elva Hsiao

Just in case the game tonight gets boring for ya, you got some googling to do.
I can always count on you to deliver the goods.

Quote:
Sadly, I fell for that. My mind ignored the sarcasm smiley and I was like, "what there is a asian in that photo". Damn you.
I fell for it too, and I posted the damn thing.

Old
03-22-2010, 07:49 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Iíve seen it said that Duchene is a bust based on a 15 game sample size. Or that Stastny is regressing into a fourth liner based on a 15 game sample size. Or that Yip will be a 25 goal scorer based on a 15 goal sample size.

Itís all conjecture. You can rant and rave about people being unrealistically optimistic, people will rant and rave about Avsboy being unrealistically pessimistic.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

Quote:
Well, in Horcoff, you have a player who has averaged about 20 goals and 57 points in the first 4 seasons after the lockout, while being about the top PK forward on his team for all of that time. This is a player who sucks?

I've seen Horcoff play enough to come to my own conclusions. He's been a decent player for years now. Not a great one, but a solid player. This year is simply a bad one for most Edmonton players - the whole team sucks out loud.

You don't know what he was implying any more than I do.

I'm still waiting for the post where Avsboy said that "Stastny sucks". Since hyperbole is getting called out in here and all...

(With Avsboy, I suspect you're shooting the messenger, rather than reading the message.)

-AB
Horcoff has 33pts making 5.5mill? Thats decent? Oh he had a good couple of years, well using that logic Cheechoo is a decent player.

Old
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
I'd wager that if you put a similar amount of time into it, you'd find some good posts also.

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
shadow1

Quote:
I'd wager that if you put a similar amount of time into it, you'd find some good posts also.

-AB
I just knew what thread those were in, seeing as it was on deadline day. Not digging for his posts, don't care enough.

Old
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
NHL33*

Maybe we can make an official Avsboy thread and take the game discussion there.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Seriously, can we separate Avsboy/Stastny/Horchoff/ABasin thread than GDT??

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
volaju

I think if you've read this board in any sort of depth throughout the 2009-2010 season you'll see quite a few criticisms of Paul Stastny's play. I've seen at least a couple threads now where ABasin states that calling out a popular player will get you crucified around these parts -- not so, in my opinion. If you routinely and/or tactlessly criticize a player, sure, you have to expect some flak. That's why Avsboy's opinion is routinely mocked. That's why ABasin's opinion was attacked when he stated -- as a matter of "fact", no less! -- that Galiardi was a bottom six player.

Take a long read through the threads just after the Olympic break, when Stastny started to put the puck in the net. You'll see that quite a few posters make reference to the fact that Stastny must be focusing on his offense, which is a welcome addition not just to the team, but to his arsenal as a player and probably his development in the long run. Or hell, read the Olympic games threads and see posters voice their concerns that Stastny might just not be a "big game" player. Earlier in the Avs season, there are numerous references to "Casper" Stastny, the man who couldn't put up any points at home.

You probably don't remember the usernames of these posters: that's because they criticized Stastny's game when they felt it was appropriate, not because they had some strange fixation in doing so. Avsboy's opinion has been relentlessly shoved down this board's throat; sometimes it was justified, most oftentimes it wasn't.

Defending Avsboy on this issue is akin to defending Fred Phelps right to protest funerals of deceased soldiers with "GOD HATES ****" signs, because hey, first amendment dictates that you can say whatever you want! Just like the Phelps example, however, by resorting to extremism your message loses a lot of credibility.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Maybe we can make an official Avsboy thread and take the game discussion there.
I like your sarcasm. It's rich and smooth.

Old
03-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Adama0905

Alright, so about this game we got on our hands in an hour and a half...go Avs!

Old
03-22-2010, 08:01 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Horcoff has 33pts making 5.5mill? Thats decent? Oh he had a good couple of years,
I never said he had a good contract. Just that he's a decent player. Can you not distinguish between the two?

And if you can distinguish between the two, perhaps we can look at other defensively-minded centers without decent players on their wing(s), and talk about their point totals. One Ryan O'Reilly comes to mind. Oh that's right, he doesn't count when we discuss lack of offense. Because, you know, he's young and one of the chosen.

At the very least, we might want to lay out what "decent" means when it comes to an NHL hockey player. Averaging 20 goals over 4-5 seasons in the NHL means a guy can play, IMO.

And perhaps you might want to define "couple". In my experience, that usually means "2". Prior to this season, I see 4 or 5 pretty good years in there for Horcoff.

FWIW, Horcoff also doesn't miss games. In 6 of the past 7 years, he's missed more than 4 games in a season only once.

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Alright, so about this game we got on our hands in an hour and a half...go Avs!
I very much dislike the Pacific Time Zone.

How was that?!

Old
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
I just knew what thread those were in, seeing as it was on deadline day. Not digging for his posts, don't care enough.
Very convenient, but I understand.

-AB

Old
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
shadow1

Damn tough schedule this week. I'm the #1 seed in my fantasy playoffs, and Anderson is my starting goalie.

Old
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Damn tough schedule this week. I'm the #1 seed in my fantasy playoffs, and Anderson is my starting goalie.
Anderson will bounce back, don't worry.

Old
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
I am starting to think that playing trap might help us right now.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote