HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next seasons squad

Old
03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Crease

vCash: 500
I'm all for keeping Dubinsky for the simple fact of developing some identity and culture within the organization.

Re-Sign:
Prospal (2 years, $4.6 million) - Double his salary, still a good deal.
Christensen (2 years, $2 million) - Pay him $1 million per year to play on the 4th line. Low Risk High Reward.
Prust (2 years, $1.5 million) - Fine muscle for the fourth line.
Staal (3 years, $8.55 million) - Similar deal that LA gave Jack Johnson.
Auld (2 years, $2 million) - Pay him $1 million per season to play 15-20 games. Gotta keep Hank fresh.

Let Go:
Jokinen ($5.25)
Lisin ($0.790)
Shelley ($0.750)
Girardi ($1.55)

Send to Hartford:
Redden ($6.50)

Cap:
All of the above leaves us with $12.38 in Cap Space.

Sign:
Tomas Plekanec - (3 years, $12 million, $4 Cap Hit)
Anton Volchenkov - (4 years, $18 million, $4.5 Cap Hit)
Ryan McDonagh - (3 years, $2.5 million, $0.833 Cap Hit)
Paul Mara - (2 years, $3 million, $1.5 Cap Hit)

Lineup:

Prospal - Plekanec - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Avery - Drury - Grachev
Prust - Boyle - Christensen

Extra: Voros

Staal - Volchenkov
MDZ - Rozsival
McDonagh - Mara

Extra: Gilroy

Lundqvist
Auld

Wow that was much harder than I thought it would be. Even with getting rid of Redden, there's not much flexibility.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
What about Versteeg for Dubinsky + 2nd ?

Versteeg would be top 6 LW/RW on most teams in league not stuck on our checking line.

With Madden a UFA after year Dubinsky would be ideal #3 C for Hawks as his replacement
i would do Dubinsky and a 3rd for Versteeg

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
no playoffs is what i meant....whats the big difference?
draft position!

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:30 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
draft position!
well of course i didnt think that needed to be said

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
versteeg is a product of the team around him. bring him here. on basically this roster. see how that works out. like i said earlier....people will want his head on a stick
Versteeg spent final 2 months of last season on our #3 line with Pahlsson at C and Byfuglien at RW

Not really a product of system to put up pts with Pahlsson as your C

This year he spent half of season as our #2 C and since then has been our 3rd line RW with Madden and Ladd

Again how can one expect to put up tremendous pts with less ice time + Madden as your C

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:38 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

What is with the lovefest for Plekanec??? If he is signed, it won't be for less than $5 million and 5 years. Can you say Drury/Gomez part II? Bite the bullet, stand pat, maybe one or two minor signings and REBUILD.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
What is with the lovefest for Plekanec??? If he is signed, it won't be for less than $5 million and 5 years. Can you say Drury/Gomez part II? Bite the bullet, stand pat, maybe one or two minor signings and REBUILD.
I wouldn't pay him much over $4 but he's definitely a first line center who will put up 60+ points. Not worth breaking the bank for but also something we're drastically missing from our lineup.

And forgive me for being confused, but what does "stand pat" have to do with rebuilding? We have no centermen prospects ready to make the jump for another 2-3 years, and can't really depend on them for production until a couple of years after that. We need to sign a top 6 center and move Dubinsky to the wing where he can actually put up offense.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I would look to try to bring in a #1 center, and trade Dubi+ to get it

I would look to sign Kovalchuk

I would look to acquire Filatov

I would look to bring in Jagr

and I would look to bring in Volchenkov. Clearly all are not possible, but those would be my targets.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I wouldn't pay him much over $4 but he's definitely a first line center who will put up 60+ points. Not worth breaking the bank for but also something we're drastically missing from our lineup.

And forgive me for being confused, but what does "stand pat" have to do with rebuilding? We have no centermen prospects ready to make the jump for another 2-3 years, and can't really depend on them for production until a couple of years after that. We need to sign a top 6 center and move Dubinsky to the wing where he can actually put up offense.
We're talking about Sather here. We all know how Sather hands out contracts. I'd be fine with $4 mil/2-3 years. I just see Sather giving him $5+ mil/4+ yrs and we have Gomez part II.

And by "stand pat" I mean don't go out on July 1st and give away boat loads of money, handicapping our future for longer than it already is, kind of like what happened at the trade deadline. Dump salary and save for the future.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

What do u guys think of Dubi for Filatov? Would they even do that?
Posted via Mobile Device

NYGBleedBlueNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Torts referred to Jokinen as the "some player" yesterday

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz0iuYCyTIa

Joker spoke to Jim Cerny last week about his future. Cerny came out of the discussion thinking Joker wants to stay a Ranger or play for one of the Florida teams next season. He still owns his house in Florida. Joker told him the Rangers are a first class organization which takes care of the players. They treat them too good.
Maybe the Rangers should start treating the players like they treat the fans and they'll start playing harder.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
im down with this plan...even trading gaborik for the right peices would be smart we need an idenity and just adding 6 to 7 UFa's evey offseason is just going to keep us at this current juncture....cally hank staal MDZ Anisimov and prust are the only guys i would keep on this roster and i would deal everything else just for future's and bite the bullet for the next few years...damn whats the difference being dead last or the situation we are in now

this guy

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
What do u guys think of Dubi for Filatov? Would they even do that?
Posted via Mobile Device
If Dubinsky is going to be converted to a winger full-time, I'd consider it after I got a read on what Filatov plans on doing.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
rangers4ever2007

if grachev was ready, yes. but everyone has been saying he needs one more year in HFD

someone brought up the idea of girardi and reuniting him with tyuts. i'd do that one instead

Old
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post

this guy
I think you messed up your link. Clearly you mean this guy:

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Emptyvoid

I'm actually intrigued by the idea of bringing brad richards over here if we free up some cap space and haven't used it. The guy has a 7.8 cap hit but only for another year. This guy is a legit 1st line center, good for 70 pts. This year he has 80 (59 assists) in 70 games. He is 29, so he's got at least one more good year in him (if not much more).

The only thing is idk what it'd take to get him or what the stars would want from us that we could give....

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

dubi for filatov?

done.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

MOVES
  • Girardi + Lisin + 2nd for Filatov+
  • resign Auld
  • resign Prospal
  • sign a 1yr $2M range contract. someone like Zherdev or Demitra. NOTHING LONG TERM - if we don't do well, they become valuable assets to trade at the deadline. The idea is to get a player who can score 20+ goals on the cheap. No to Zherdev if he wants 2 or more years or close to $3M. Doesn't fit my plan.

LINES
Filatov-Christensen-Gaborik
Prospal-Dubinsky-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Zherdev/Demitra
Prust-Drury-Boyle
Byers

Staal-Rosival
MDZ-Gilroy
Redden-Sauer

Lundqvist
Auld

give Grachev another year. He seems like he could use it. We need some defense and Sauer is the best defensive prospect who is read that we got. Redden is still on my roster because as much as we'd like to purge him, I feel like it won't happen. Rosival isn't terrible but I'd gladly trade him if something good comes up. I wouldn't mind Pavel Kubina on a 1 year $3M contract. At this point, any contracts longer than 1 year does not appeal to me.

I like the 2011 summer UFA class better than 2010 so I'm saving my money for that year. In the unlikely event we get to draft Hall or Seguin, throw them in on the top line.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
MOVES
  • Girardi + Lisin + 2nd for Filatov+
  • resign Auld
  • resign Prospal
  • sign a 1yr $2M range contract. someone like Zherdev or Demitra. NOTHING LONG TERM - if we don't do well, they become valuable assets to trade at the deadline. The idea is to get a player who can score 20+ goals on the cheap. No to Zherdev if he wants 2 or more years or close to $3M. Doesn't fit my plan.

LINES
Filatov-Christensen-Gaborik
Prospal-Dubinsky-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Zherdev/Demitra
Prust-Drury-Boyle
Byers

Staal-Rosival
MDZ-Gilroy
Redden-Sauer

Lundqvist
Auld

give Grachev another year. He seems like he could use it. We need some defense and Sauer is the best defensive prospect who is read that we got. Redden is still on my roster because as much as we'd like to purge him, I feel like it won't happen. Rosival isn't terrible but I'd gladly trade him if something good comes up. I wouldn't mind Pavel Kubina on a 1 year $3M contract. At this point, any contracts longer than 1 year does not appeal to me.

I like the 2011 summer UFA class better than 2010 so I'm saving my money for that year. In the unlikely event we get to draft Hall or Seguin, throw them in on the top line.
i don't think sauer will be ready, but sangs will be.

Old
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
ecemleafs

i think a lot of people that want volchenkov will be screaming this time next year when he has 11 points through 71 games getting paid 5m per.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
i think a lot of people that want volchenkov will be screaming this time next year when he has 11 points through 71 games getting paid 5m per.
Umm no? If Wade Redden played DEFENSE the way Volchenkov does, nobody would give a **** that he has 10 points. I don't think anyone reasonable is expecting Volchenkov to be an offensive d-man... We want him for his hitting, defense, and shot-blocking. Maybe watching the Rangers / Leafs has made you forget about the position of DEFENSE.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The reason San Jose will get bounced quickly is No-Show Joe. He is awful on the big stage. He treated the Olympics just like a playoff game -- he didn't show up. There are few guarantees in sports. One is that Thornton will be teeing it up by Mid-May.
I like how you reduce my post to one line and then go on to basically repeat the very counter point I made to getting Thornton.

Let's just say that SJ does want to move Joe, simply because of these performances that we all know of. There's no need to replace him since they have the next one on the 2nd line. At that point, cap space is a bigger commodity than Joe's production. We can get a center of his caliber on the cheap... anything resembling a talent for talent trade is walked away from by the Rangers. I don't think there is a better way to add 100 points at just over $6m. Anything short of that type of addition is basically an early summer or first round knock out anyway.

I get it, acquiring Joe is basically the same as not winning a cup during his tenure. Let's be honest though, we're not winning one within his contract anyway... on this team or not. Why not for the right price? But if the answer is to tank it and stock up through the draft then the rosters better start reflecting the trades of Gaborik and Lundqvist.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:33 PM
PanMan

I think we have to sign guys to 1yr contracts. No big signings, though I don't know how I feel about Kovalchuk. Call me crazy, but I don't see Redden in Hartford next year. I think we're stuck with him at least one more year, if not more. Rozsival I wouldn't mind keeping. As someone else mentioned a while ago, he's only about 1M overpaid, which I can live with. I'd like to keep Dubinsky for his character, but if you need to trade him for a young talented nhler, you do it. Girardi I would trade along with our first next year to move up and get Seguin. Definitely re-sign Auld for 1yr/1M, Hank needs a solid backup for once.

PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
TheHotRock

i would love it if we brought in plekanec and jagr. re-up prospal to play with them

prospal-plekanec-jagr
duibnsky-anisimov-gaborik
avery-drury-cally
prust-boyle-voros

that's a decent looking forward corps

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Vitto79

no worries the league will rig the draft just like they did for the Pens and that way Hall is a Ranger.......

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote