HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Rankings

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 03:20 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Prospect Rankings

http://younggunshockey.com/about.htm

13. Hugh Jessiman RW 03/28/84 6-5/200 Dartmouth College (NCAA) Should just change his first name to “Huge.” Another great power forward prospect in this draft. Superior offensive skills. Underdeveloped on the defensive side but his coachability and willingness to learn makes it a non-issue. Plays with a bit of an edge. Regular season NCAA stats were 34 games/23 goals/24 assists/47 points. Good enough to rank him #8 in goals per game with .68 and #14 in points per game with 1.38.

37. David Liffiton D 10/18/84 6-3/205 Plymouth (OHL) He's one mean Mofo! Fights. Hits. Clears the crease. Solid defensive blueliner. Regular season stats: 62 games/3 goals/9 assists/12 points/65 PIM. Had 4 points and 29 PIM in 18 playoff games.

43. Nigel Dawes LW 5-8/175 Kooteney (WHL) Two-way player lacking only size. Doesn’t avoid contact but will have to bulk up a bit to compete at the NHL level. Ranked 10th in regular season scoring with 72 games/47 goals/45 assists/92 points/54 PIM.

Old
05-02-2004, 08:58 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
http://younggunshockey.com/about.htm

13. Hugh Jessiman RW 03/28/84 6-5/200 Dartmouth College (NCAA) Should just change his first name to “Huge.” Another great power forward prospect in this draft. Superior offensive skills. Underdeveloped on the defensive side but his coachability and willingness to learn makes it a non-issue. Plays with a bit of an edge. Regular season NCAA stats were 34 games/23 goals/24 assists/47 points. Good enough to rank him #8 in goals per game with .68 and #14 in points per game with 1.38.

37. David Liffiton D 10/18/84 6-3/205 Plymouth (OHL) He's one mean Mofo! Fights. Hits. Clears the crease. Solid defensive blueliner. Regular season stats: 62 games/3 goals/9 assists/12 points/65 PIM. Had 4 points and 29 PIM in 18 playoff games.

43. Nigel Dawes LW 5-8/175 Kooteney (WHL) Two-way player lacking only size. Doesn’t avoid contact but will have to bulk up a bit to compete at the NHL level. Ranked 10th in regular season scoring with 72 games/47 goals/45 assists/92 points/54 PIM.
can everyone please get over this jeessiman kid, just cause he was picked in the first round doesnt mean he will be a star, he is not playing great now dont expect much in the future, i liked john tripp he was a big power foward and look barely got a shot which will probably be the ame for this kid, he will be a flop like lundmark most likely

Old
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
can everyone please get over this jeessiman kid, just cause he was picked in the first round doesnt mean he will be a star, he is not playing great now dont expect much in the future, i liked john tripp he was a big power foward and look barely got a shot which will probably be the ame for this kid, he will be a flop like lundmark most likely
what are you saying?! Do you understand the concepts of hockey development?Do you know where LeClair, Bertuzzi, ect came from? You obviously don't if you think Jessiman is a flop from 2 seasons in college hockey. AHHH I just want to rip into your post soooo badly but I dont even know where to begin!

I would try to educate you but it would be like hammering a nail into an ironclad so I wont even try and I'll just refer you to the customary Billy Madison quote that goes along with all of the worst things said in life:

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Old
05-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:30 AM
NYR469

Quote:
have you ever seen him play?? or do you just look at the box scores and declare him a bust cause he didn't score a goal?

Old
05-02-2004, 11:32 AM
NYR469

not to mention the fact that this list did NOT come from a ranger fan, it was compiled by a whole group of different people working together...so people who are fans of other teams and unbiased AND actually knowledgible of the prospects think he is that good

Old
05-02-2004, 12:43 PM
in the hall

those reports are out dated, one year of development makes a load of difference

Old
05-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Bure9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
those reports are out dated, one year of development makes a load of difference
I'm guessing you were being sarcastic. I was down on Jessiman too, but from all reports he was being double teamed by the opposition every night. Other teams knew he was the only threat on the team so they took advantage. His numbers haven't shown much improvement on his part but he is learning to battle through adversity. All the tools seem to be there, it's just a matter of time, IMO.

Old
05-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
We knew when we drafted Jessiman that he would take some time. There is nothing to do but wait and see what happens. I know a lot of people didn't want him, but he's what we have. Let's just get used to it and let him develop on his own timeline.

My Jessiman comparison: Keith Primeau. He took a while to develop too, and was considered a disappointment when he was with Detroit. He later developed into a fierce top-line center, though he's kind of declined a bit since.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:16 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I've got three BETTER comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
We knew when we drafted Jessiman that he would take some time. There is nothing to do but wait and see what happens. I know a lot of people didn't want him, but he's what we have. Let's just get used to it and let him develop on his own timeline.

My Jessiman comparison: Keith Primeau. He took a while to develop too, and was considered a disappointment when he was with Detroit. He later developed into a fierce top-line center, though he's kind of declined a bit since.
Brendan Shanahan, John LeClair and Todd Bertuzzi. Just look at their stats before the age of 27, as compared to after.

Old
05-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

jessiman needs to play in hartford next season. he was double and triple teamed this season for dartmouth. he would thrive playing with better players and againts better players

Old
05-03-2004, 12:28 AM
charliemurphy

I agrre with him playing in Hartford. The competition is greater at the AHL than the NCAA level. I just don't think he can develop to the fullest playing for a team like Dartmouth. To my knowldge he and his parents are pretty set on him completing college. Could he handle a commute like that? Dartmouth-Hartford. If I'm not mistaken Pock will be graduating or just graduated from UMASS, correct? He played in the NCAA and turned out fine. Can't say the same for "HUGE SPECIMEN". Time will tell.

Old
05-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Skroob*

i'm not up on the rules here, but can Hugh go to a different school? I know he can transfer as a student, but can he play for another school?

Old
05-03-2004, 12:56 AM
charliemurphy

Don't know.
But I am pretty sure that he and his folks want him to graduate. I would think that he and his folkst would want him to graduate from Dartmouth.

Old
05-03-2004, 09:27 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
I'm guessing you were being sarcastic. I was down on Jessiman too, but from all reports he was being double teamed by the opposition every night. Other teams knew he was the only threat on the team so they took advantage. His numbers haven't shown much improvement on his part but he is learning to battle through adversity. All the tools seem to be there, it's just a matter of time, IMO.
i dont see how what i said could be sarcastic and i didn't say anything about jessiman

did you mean to quote me?

Old
05-03-2004, 07:41 PM
NYR2

Quote:
:lol

Old
05-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I'd say Tomas Holmstrom at this point in time. Actually, Hugh is a better skater & has more of an offensive arsenal than Tomas, so his ceiling will be higher, but at the very least i think he'll be just as good. Holmstrom didn't make it into the league until he was 24, so i'd be willing to wait that long to see Hugh hit his stride.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
what are you saying?! Do you understand the concepts of hockey development?Do you know where LeClair, Bertuzzi, ect came from? You obviously don't if you think Jessiman is a flop from 2 seasons in college hockey. AHHH I just want to rip into your post soooo badly but I dont even know where to begin!

I would try to educate you but it would be like hammering a nail into an ironclad so I wont even try and I'll just refer you to the customary Billy Madison quote that goes along with all of the worst things said in life:

He was just stating his opinion, he didn't say, with out a doubt he'll be a bust, he's entitled to his own opinion, did you see Hugh play? I listened to all the games, and I have to agree w/ Jay here, he sounds more like a bust than a star, but it is OUR opinion, it's not right or wrong, JUST OUR OPINION!

Old
05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:

which way do all u guys fly hope fully it is staright , because you all seem to be very infatuated with jessiman it is scary, u people are so offended i think u guys nbeed to get some sort of life besides hockey get out find a girl something please you alll are killing me over here

Old
05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
He was just stating his opinion, he didn't say, with out a doubt he'll be a bust, he's entitled to his own opinion, did you see Hugh play? I listened to all the games, and I have to agree w/ Jay here, he sounds more like a bust than a star, but it is OUR opinion, it's not right or wrong, JUST OUR OPINION!
crosby i say these guys all think because he is a first round he should be great, look at daigle he was good for a season or 2 then a flop, these guys are all in denial, hoping everything for nyr will be fine, lundmark =flop brendl = flop both are first rounds so now u know where i get my opinion cros, thanks for the support

Old
05-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
crosby i say these guys all think because he is a first round he should be great, look at daigle he was good for a season or 2 then a flop, these guys are all in denial, hoping everything for nyr will be fine, lundmark =flop brendl = flop both are first rounds so now u know where i get my opinion cros, thanks for the support
I know the term "Boom or bust" isn't used alot in hockey, but that is what Hugh is. And more likely to be a bust than a star, in our opinions. I don't get why we HAVE to respect their opinions, while they can trash ours. When I'm GM of the Rangers and your my assistant, Jay, we'll see whose laughing.
Most 1st rounders are busts, and I know I think that Hugh will be a bust, even though I hope he will be a star, like everyone else.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:47 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
I know the term "Boom or bust" isn't used alot in hockey, but that is what Hugh is. And more likely to be a bust than a star, in our opinions. I don't get why we HAVE to respect their opinions, while they can trash ours. When I'm GM of the Rangers and your my assistant, Jay, we'll see whose laughing.
Most 1st rounders are busts, and I know I think that Hugh will be a bust, even though I hope he will be a star, like everyone else.
i gree man u know what with the way things are in ny these kids wont ever grow to full potential while being here, well with sather with power. well we could be wrong or right. i think he is a bust. and you are right when u dont agree with them they get offendeed whats the point of the board then. what are they the hf boards old timers the vets. the vets in y bussiness are doing there trade 30 years or so, these guys on here are just a bunch of people who talk hockey , so they all need to stop acting as if there word is gold

Old
05-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
i gree man u know what with the way things are in ny these kids wont ever grow to full potential while being here, well with sather with power. well we could be wrong or right. i think he is a bust. and you are right when u dont agree with them they get offendeed whats the point of the board then. what are they the hf boards old timers the vets. the vets in y bussiness are doing there trade 30 years or so, these guys on here are just a bunch of people who talk hockey , so they all need to stop acting as if there word is gold
You know what they say, great minds think alike!

Old
05-04-2004, 09:07 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
You know what they say, great minds think alike!
yes i hear ya

great words man

Old
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

[QUOTE=jay 'n skeeta]
Quote:

actually you can shoot nails into metal,cant hammer definitly, so it is possible figured i will educate u on the situation. its called hilti, ramset do u know what they are??? well i will tell u, its a tool that uses 22 caliber blanks to shoot metal pins aka nails from size 3/4 of an inch to 2 or 3 inches into steel go to your local home depot, green shot are strong so are yellow or white one of those goes directly into metal so a nail can be put into metal.. i assume u must not be very handy, probably a telemarketer or a realestate agent something of that sort.
Hmm. Tough Guy...

Closed Thread