HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Old
03-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Nick00

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
Ll
Not his fault the team blows. Successul teams have fans who supported during lean years. And the Knicks' fans stopped going but it took a sexual harrassment suit before Isaiah was fired.
Then shut up about incompetent management (not directed at anyone specific) if you're going to shell out thousands on this organization.
As long as revenue is strong there will be no significant changes made, we all know that.
There's no accountability and no motivation (or not enough, obviously) to establish a winning culture.

You can't have your cake and eat it too in this situation, sorry.
If you're going to financially support this organization then you're supporting the product on the ice, it's as simple as that.
If you're OK with the mediocrity and enjoy watching this team no matter what, that's fine.
If not then, as the OP suggested in the thread title, put your money where your mouth is.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
kreiderfan20

I used to have 1/2 seasons in the 300's. Gave them up prior to this season. I received a phone call today from my former ticket rep. She asked if I had given any thought to next season yet. I was offered full seasons in the 200's or below. She said availability was limited and if I wanted to act now and secure my seats for next season they would process my order. No thanks.

kreiderfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
Then shut up about incompetent management (not directed at anyone specific) if you're going to shell out thousands on this organization.
As long as revenue is strong there will be no significant changes made, we all know that.
There's no accountability and no motivation (or not enough, obviously) to establish a winning culture.

You can't have your cake and eat it too in this situation, sorry.
If you're going to financially support this organization then you're supporting the product on the ice, it's as simple as that.
If you're OK with the mediocrity and enjoy watching this team no matter what, that's fine.
If not then, as the OP suggested in the thread title, put your money where your mouth is.
I agree with the OP that giving up tickets and not going to, or watching games is the best form is sending the message to management that this is unacceptable. What I was disagreeing with is that the guy still going to the games is somehow to blame.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
I agree with the OP that giving up tickets and not going to, or watching games is the best form is sending the message to management that this is unacceptable. What I was disagreeing with is that the guy still going to the games is somehow to blame.
No not to blame, but you're still supporting/reinforcing an unacceptable standard.

Or maybe it is acceptable to some fans, but it seems like 99.9% of the fans on this board are unhappy with the organization and would like to have a new owner and/or GM take over.
So something isn't quite right here.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:13 AM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
You're part of the problem, just so you know haha

"sir, all of our milk is spoiled"

"ok, I'll take all of them"
This may be, but I just don’t see why I should have to deprive myself of something I enjoy to try to prove a point to management.

I could drop my tickets... but most likely someone else would take them. And then where am I? Stuck at home, missing games that I love going to... but at least I did the right thing "morally" and showed management? Yah, Dolan is losing sleep over that I'm sure...

If people want to drop their tickets in a attempt to show management that they aren't happy... that's their choice and I wish them good luck... but I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think its going to make even the slightest difference.

Personally I see myself as a good fan who supports the team no matter what. I wont be hopping on or off the bandwagon as they begin to win or lose.

But hey, maybe I'm nuts... after all this is coming from someone who has had Jets tickets for 20+ years and just shelled out PSL for 6 seats in the new stadium. I am a glutton for punishment I guess.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I agree with you, Snake, that you should do what makes you happy. Nobody on this board should have a problem with someone choosing to spend their hard earned money on hockey tickets. Where I disagree, however, is on the point that declining renewal rates make 'no difference'. All sports franchises look at that number very closely and its DOES make a difference. The Rangers had their lowest renewal rate this season in a decade. Next season will be substantially worse and it is very much relevant to the higher ups. They lost a big percentage of their long time subscribers and replaced them with online ticket brokers (speculators really) and Wall st types swimming in money. Both groups are now out of business, old fans aren't coming back and Rangers management has a serious problem. And yea, it will make a difference...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I agree with you, Snake, that you should do what makes you happy. Nobody on this board should have a problem with someone choosing to spend their hard earned money on hockey tickets. Where I disagree, however, is on the point that declining renewal rates make 'no difference'. All sports franchises look at that number very closely and its DOES make a difference. The Rangers had their lowest renewal rate this season in a decade. Next season will be substantially worse and it is very much relevant to the higher ups. They lost a big percentage of their long time subscribers and replaced them with online ticket brokers (speculators really) and Wall st types swimming in money. Both groups are now out of business, old fans aren't coming back and Rangers management has a serious problem. And yea, it will make a difference...
Hey man, I hope you are right. I really dont think that enough people will drop to make a real difference as long as Dolan owns the team, but I'd like nothing more than a real change in the way things are run and a consistently winning team.

So, I'll keep going to the games and hoping for the best... but I wouldn't consider dropping my tickets as long as I can afford them. I enjoy it too much and wont deprive myself to prove a point that I'm not sure will be heard.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:37 AM
BrianNYR

I'm glad I'm still a college student and cant afford season tix. I'd hate to be in the same debacle that a bunch of you guys are in. Sorry dudes!!

BrianNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Declining renewal rates sure do make a difference. We all joke about Dolan's desire for playoff revenue but one playoff game hardly equates to a couple of thousand season ticket cancellations. Hockey fans are traditionally more more loyal than other sports but you can beat down a great fan base. One of the reasons there will never be a complete teardown in New York is exactly that. While the activists on this board see things differently (and how many of you have skin in the game?) the truth is that the average fan knows and cares far less about the inner workings of the team and shows up hoping to win or lose.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote