HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#73: Flyers @ Senators - March 23, 2010 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
03-24-2010, 07:58 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think the game last night was either fuel for the fire and the team will go on a tear, or they will hang 'em up. Still can make the playoffs if they hang 'em up, but a first round sweep is likely in that scenario.
I think I'm going to go on the precedent here and say the Flyers will show 0 emotion like every game.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
The only thing I'm going to say is I'm still livid. I went to bed pissed off, and woke up even more pissed off. The officials and this league can go **** themselves. That is all.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
The only thing I'm going to say is I'm still livid. I went to bed pissed off, and woke up even more pissed off. The officials and this league can go **** themselves. That is all.
I echo this statement. I am also pissed at everyone on our team except for Richards, Powe, Carcillo, Leino, JVR, Lappy, and Pronger. The rest can **** themselves.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Talbetts

I also still want the A-Train on on our team. Dirty ****er would fit right in.

Old
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
MsWoof

Now that I've had a chance to calm down, a few comments...

I can't believe anyone is blaming Boucher for anything. Two goals on odd man rushes and we blame the goalie? I never wanted him here in the first place but he's been sitting on the bench all year and is now the #1 goalie till the end of the season. He's doing what he can but he's not a starter.
MSE's post on Carter is something I totally agree with. I wasn't crazy about him before because I like players who hit as well as score but he's improved so much on face offs, defensive play and to a point, physical play. He's never going to be a fighter or much of a hitter but I don't think he's maxed out yet and will continue to improve. Give him an extension now.

Gags has been playing better of late but I would only sign him for less money than he's making now. Too many injuries and too much time for him to get back into good game shape after returning from injuries.

For once Pronger had a chance to blame someone other than the team but he didn't. He always says something that makes him look good as a leader but he should have said something about the hit on Gags and the disallowed goal. Good for Carcillo for saying what he did!

I love Lappy and Betts. Guys like Briere and Hartnell make the big bucks but don't produce and these guys make peanuts and block pucks with their faces.
I agree with the person that says this game will either make or break the team. They can either say "we're not going to take it" and come out on fire or they can fall apart.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 08:44 AM
JSTAFF

Is the Carcillo post game anywhere? I can't find it online.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 08:49 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
This. I want to see an emotional interview for once

03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
jb**

As I have said before this team needs an enema from top to bottom. When faced with adversity this teams folds like a tent, when they get pushed by other teams they shrivel up. These guys are weak in the mind and body. The same old quotes from the captain for 3 years now. It will not change until players are moved out. Richards saying the urgency and motivation just isnít there, are you kidding me you primadonna. It starts with you oh great alleged leader. What a joke this team and organization have become. This team frankly isnít that good and they deserve to miss the playoffs. All that will do though is give the old city guys more time to party. Then again I hope they get the 8th spot so I can at least win some easy money by picking the caps
The officiating was a joke.If these refs are not suspend or fined, words cant explain it. 2 guys sittign right there when gagne is crushed. It is about time snider,lukko, or shooter accept the 50k fine and go off. Not some little 1 word quote. They need to go off on how bad this league and officiating has become. There was a time when this organization would never stand for that, now senile snider just tows the nhl company line. Shooter is a joke as well as we all know but will conjure up some excuse why they didnít play well. Dont you think his players would appreciate a nice tirade? Then again these players are lazy and donít seem to care anyway so maybe not. I have never seen a more unlikeable flyers team than this.
Love the quotes by carcillo and gagne did the right thing, good for him. The fact they did nothing when they knew they had no chance to win this game with under a minute left is sickening. I am sure the coach told them not too, I can understand why but donít agree. Hockey is a dead sport. Not the game I grew up watching and loving.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:00 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
It will not change until players are moved out.

To be fair, how many times did the team change half the roster from year-to-year since the lockout?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Kaktus*

Refs no question were horrible in this one but that does not take away the fact that same players on our team did not show up. When Carcillo took an elbow or even when Gagne was almost killed along the boards. They were not protected, we were standing around like NYR when Carcillo beat the living **** out of Gaborik. No a single player grabbed Alfie or Spezza. When I say grab I do not mean taking penalty. There is no unity on this team, there is no desperation, no emotions.

Also, we lose games because players like Briere and Hartnell do not step up on the ice or in the locker room and they do not lead by example. Both players are cancer, this season!

If we do not make playoffs I want to see major changes in organization.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
If we do not make playoffs I want to see major changes in organization.
Why should it even be that? The Flyers are no where close to where they expected to be. Not close to where they want to be. It's going to be the fifth year in a row they're going to be lower than 4th. It would be different if they were going like 2nd-6th-4th or something, there could be some sort of consistency that you're to be reckoned with (4th could arguably the 2nd best, in fact that's where I think I put them this year) but since the lockout it's going to be 5th-15th-6th-5th-(6-7-8-9)th. This is beneath the standards of this organization.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Kaktus*

I also want Pronger and especially Richards start calling out player like Briere and Hartnell. It may or may not divide our locker room but I think it's been divided a long time ago. We have players that work their tails off and that do nothing. Not a ****ing thing, they do not even try.

Old
03-24-2010, 09:30 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
To be fair, how many times did the team change half the roster from year-to-year since the lockout?
I hear what your saying. I think the situations are different though. They have tried moving the minions and that has not worked.

Old
03-24-2010, 09:34 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
WIP aired it a second time later in the broadcast. It was an interview with Saunders and Therien. A quick Q and A. He did use the word "screwed." He also said that the ref(s) came by and said "It was probably a goal..."

25-year anniversary
*Florida Derby *Kentucky Derby * Breeders' Cup Classic
The only horse to win all three races in the same year. Unbridled. Unmatched.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Parent was commentating? That's awesome.
No. Therien was commentating and criticizing Parent on the play.

Old
03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
As I have said before this team needs an enema from top to bottom. When faced with adversity this teams folds like a tent, when they get pushed by other teams they shrivel up. These guys are weak in the mind and body. The same old quotes from the captain for 3 years now. It will not change until players are moved out. Richards saying the urgency and motivation just isnít there, are you kidding me you primadonna. It starts with you oh great alleged leader. What a joke this team and organization have become. This team frankly isnít that good and they deserve to miss the playoffs. All that will do though is give the old city guys more time to party. Then again I hope they get the 8th spot so I can at least win some easy money by picking the caps
The officiating was a joke.If these refs are not suspend or fined, words cant explain it. 2 guys sittign right there when gagne is crushed. It is about time snider,lukko, or shooter accept the 50k fine and go off. Not some little 1 word quote. They need to go off on how bad this league and officiating has become. There was a time when this organization would never stand for that, now senile snider just tows the nhl company line. Shooter is a joke as well as we all know but will conjure up some excuse why they didnít play well. Dont you think his players would appreciate a nice tirade? Then again these players are lazy and donít seem to care anyway so maybe not. I have never seen a more unlikeable flyers team than this.
Love the quotes by carcillo and gagne did the right thing, good for him. The fact they did nothing when they knew they had no chance to win this game with under a minute left is sickening. I am sure the coach told them not too, I can understand why but donít agree. Hockey is a dead sport. Not the game I grew up watching and loving.
Did you watch the game? First of all, Richards isn't expected to be a quote machine, Pronger can do that since it seems like he loves talking to the media. Richards played a great game last night, so I'll just assume you didn't watch.

If hockey is such a dead sport, hopefully you'll find another hobby.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Did you get a chance to see whether it hit his leg pad or his glove? I only saw that it went towards his glove side, kinda low. I didn't catch what it hit (hand or leg pad)?
Not sure, just pointing that spilling a rebound from a bad angle shot into the middle of your crease is a problem.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...orizon/2/27189

Quote:
The one constant about Mike Richards as a captain has been his reluctance to truly call out his own teammates after losses.

He criticisms are always muted with the positives he can find within the game, as if he were a head coach.

Last night in Ottawa was different. Richards finally said the kind of things after the game that Chris Pronger and Kimmo Timonen have routinely said this season.

“We seem to have a little bit of a lack of motivation which shouldn’t be there,” Richards said after yet another lame loss, this one, 2-0 in Ottawa to the Senators.

“The lack of urgency, which shouldn’t be there. It’s obviously frustrating to go through a game like that and not see everyone play their hardest.”

Honestly, I can't remember the last time Richards was that blunt-honest after a game.

Pronger, supported him, but what I found most interesting about Pronger's remarks were that he wasn't buying what some of his teammates or coach Peter Laviolette was saying: that the brutal officiating was the real reason behind the loss.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...arn_his_C.html

Quote:
OTTAWA _ After the Flyers’ 2-0 loss in Ottawa Tuesday, Mike Richards said his team didn’t play with enough urgency.

As the Flyers’ captain, it’s time for Richards to get into the faces of the players he thinks are guilty.

This is Richards’ second year as captain; it’s also the second year the Flyers have folded down the stretch.

A year ago, the Flyers went 7-7-1 in their final 15 regular-season games and slipped to fifth in the Eastern Conference, losing the home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs. It was a recipe for disaster, and the Flyers fell to the Penguins in six games.

Tuesday’s loss was the Flyers’ fifth in six games. They are tied for sixth, but are only four points ahead of ninth-place Atlanta.

Richards said the Flyers “had a little bit of a lack of motivation and a lack of urgency, which shouldn’t be there. It’s frustrating and it has to change.”

Old
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Any quotes from players/coaches speaking out about how ****ing awful the refs were yesterday and generally are towards the Flyers?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Talbetts

Good for Richie! Hopefully something changes!!

Old
03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Any quotes from players/coaches speaking out about how ****ing awful the refs were yesterday and generally are towards the Flyers?
In the post game interview with Coatsey, Boucher made it pretty clear that he thought the officiating was poor and couldn't understand how the "non goal" wasn't credited as a goal.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Did you watch the game? First of all, Richards isn't expected to be a quote machine, Pronger can do that since it seems like he loves talking to the media. Richards played a great game last night, so I'll just assume you didn't watch.

If hockey is such a dead sport, hopefully you'll find another hobby.
Blow me chief. Did you see me say Richards didnít play a good game? I donít think you did. What I sad i was revolving around these quotes :
ďWe seem to have a little bit of a lack of motivation which shouldnít be there,Ē Richards said after yet another lame loss, this one, 2-0 in Ottawa to the Senators.

ďThe lack of urgency, which shouldnít be there. Itís obviously frustrating to go through a game like that and not see everyone play their hardest.Ē
I am tired of hearing that. It has been said before. It is 3 years know the same problems exist with the same variable on this team. It is his job to make sure this doesnít happen. Surprised he didnít give the well its only 1 game line. Your right Richards is supposed to lead and he has done a piss poor job at that imo. Anything else you want to add let me know. Hockey is dead, what I am watching has been bastardized. You keep believing the league Is healthy and on its way up. Cant wait for the next work stoppage as then the league might just fold.

Old
03-24-2010, 10:40 AM
medicman

Quote:

Well said!!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Jester

Quote:
Why should it even be that? The Flyers are no where close to where they expected to be. Not close to where they want to be. It's going to be the fifth year in a row they're going to be lower than 4th. It would be different if they were going like 2nd-6th-4th or something, there could be some sort of consistency that you're to be reckoned with (4th could arguably the 2nd best, in fact that's where I think I put them this year) but since the lockout it's going to be 5th-15th-6th-5th-(6-7-8-9)th. This is beneath the standards of this organization.
They're quite close to where they need to be. All they need are two things:

1) A legit goalie.

2) A legit 3rd line center (I never cease to be amazed how unappreciated this role is in the NHL).

Those two things (accomplished without brutalizing the roster) and a full season with Lavy and we'll be competing for one of the top seeds in the conference.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
What you described is a perfect world. You did that wrong you get fired for it.
That was my point too.. I swear a god I did not read Philly.com today.

I also want to hear questions toward both Hartnell and Birere. Questions like do you feel like you earning your pay check and why aren't you trying to act like you care or a simple question like why aren't you playing?

If the answer is I do not know then I would ask for a guess. Can you guess why you are not doing those things? Flyers fans really would like to know.