HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Team Canada World Championship roster (any Oilers?)

Old
03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
CanmoreMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Hockey Canada invited him to the world championship a few years ago and he refused without any good reason. I think they took this as disrespect to the national program and they remember these things. Also, he never played at the world juniors since he made the NHL at a young age so he virtually has no international experience.
Not to rehash the Olympic Roster debate, but I'm sure there were more than a few players who didn't make the team based on their previous enthusiasm for the program.

I heard on either Oilers Lunch or Just a Game that the Flames have basically done nothing for that team and that's why all three of their defencemen weren't included.

CanmoreMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike View Post
Not to rehash the Olympic Roster debate, but I'm sure there were more than a few players who didn't make the team based on their previous enthusiasm for the program.

I heard on either Oilers Lunch or Just a Game that the Flames have basically done nothing for that team and that's why all three of their defencemen weren't included.
I have to ask what does a NHL team have to do for the program?

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Bank Shot

Quote:

That'd be unbelievably petty considering Bouwmeester has played 37 games for Team Canada in previous events.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Alex87

You guys are being hard on MacTavish. Should be interesting to see what he can do with a talented team... he's a good coach.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTO View Post
A. He won't have you in the stands at any of the games...
B. Not making 7 mill to play = no pressure
C. MacT is going to be the Coach!
Ya I just heard that. As soon as I did it reminded me of my post so I had to come here and post something. Man that is hilarious. But ya I think Horc is a lock now.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:

You're either completely mis-quoting what they said or else they are complete idiots. I'm gonna assume the former. JayBo not being picked had nothing to with the Flames, he played for Canada at the olympics before. Also think about what you are saying. If the Flames have been so harsh on the program why would Iginla make the team.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Spawn

Penner should be on the team. Maaaaybe one of Brule/Gagner. Other than that no Oilers on team Canada.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Everest

Im happy they have Mac-T ahead of Hitch.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote