HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad will it get?

Old
03-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Tealblood

vCash: 500
How bad will it get?

Here's a preview of the final 10 games(not in order of course)-

Wild twice - They beat the flames on sunday, 4-4-2 in last 10 games.

dallas twice- lost to the yotes, but beat the sharks recently, 3-5-2 in last 10.

canucks twice- lost to the wings, but another team that beat us not too long ago and they're 6-2-2

Av's twice- lost to the kings recently, but 5-4-1, haven't faced them in awhile though.

flames once- they're 6-4-0, and another team that beat us recently.

and ending the season in phoenix...it's been a mixed bag against them this season, but they're hot right now going 9-1-0 in last 10 games.

So my question is, how bad will this losing streak go? I felt confident it would end against the oilers and that would boost their confidence enough to keep things going. So maybe that one win is all they need...but with how we're facing these teams that have so much more motivation to make the playoffs, will we continue to the point where we lose that 11 point gain we have on detroit for the 8th spot?

That's 6 more games that we lose while detroit wins. Can we get much higher than .500 in the next 10 games?

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:13 AM
godeepdown

Given the choice I hope it gets a little worse at this point. If they start winning again right away they will think it was a fluke and everything is ok. Lose a couple more let things really get urgent and then start to gain momentum into the playoffs. 5-3-2 If nothing else here is the real chance to see what T-mac and this team are made of once and for all.

godeepdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:18 AM
gonegonegone*

Despite being debbie downer with the rest of you guys, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Sharks pull out a crappy win over the Wild, win most of their remaining games and regain first seed, with a few close loses. Detroit will take 6th and the lucky nucks get their just rewards.

the sharks finally will have learned to dig deep and overcome adversity, which this 6 game **** streak is the epitome of. no major injuries as excuses, no unlucky breaks, just pure bad play; they will learn how to unite as a team. JT will realize his floating play is unacceptable and start to turn up his intensity so his teammates dont follow his bad habits. when we get to the playoffs, they will have the mental fortitude to bang out wins when it really counts. and we win the cup finally!

orrr i could be totally wrong and the sharks will suffer another pathetic first round defeat, but at least we wont be called chokers cuz we weren't expected to win. at this point we blow up our team and join the rest of the crappy bay area teams in their suckitude. ugh i hate being a bay area fan.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
Despite being debbie downer with the rest of you guys, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Sharks pull out a crappy win over the Wild, win most of their remaining games and regain first seed, with a few close loses. Detroit will take 6th and the lucky nucks get their just rewards.

the sharks finally will have learned to dig deep and overcome adversity, which this 6 game **** streak is the epitome of. no major injuries as excuses, no unlucky breaks, just pure bad play; they will learn how to unite as a team. JT will realize his floating play is unacceptable and start to turn up his intensity so his teammates dont follow his bad habits. when we get to the playoffs, they will have the mental fortitude to bang out wins when it really counts. and we win the cup finally!

orrr i could be totally wrong and the sharks will suffer another pathetic first round defeat, but at least we wont be called chokers cuz we weren't expected to win. at this point we blow up our team and join the rest of the crappy bay area teams in their suckitude. ugh i hate being a bay area fan.
I really hope so...I was actually pretty optimistic going into the edmonton game, getting blown out against the worst team in the league really f'd with my optimism lol.

If that oilers blowout doesn't spark any kind of reaction against minny idk what will. Then again I thought the same thing would happen after dallas blew us out.

I'm still gonna watch every game no matter what happens, but still it's a whole lot less fun haha.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:28 AM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

You know I guess I just don't have another place to vent...

I have *****ed many times about what is going on with the Sharks but this year was the first time my wallet ever had anything to do with it.

My father and I have had either full or partial season tickets since their inaugural season. We have never missed a home playoff game that I can remember... Of course the financial responsibility has moved slowly from him to me over the course of time and our season tickets have recently turned into Shark Paks. My current season ticket number however remains a respectable #43... That means there are only 42 people who have higher priority than my family. Our STH representative, Sarah, has called me several times in the last few weeks inquiring about our desire to purchase playoff tickets and wondering why she hasn't heard from us.

Granted there are other financial factors that have prevented us from purchasing PO tickets this year, and the decision to not may still have been made regardless of the recent slump, but we decided that we would not put forth the cash until the Sharks won another game. They henceforth have not...

I know it is unrealistic to think this small decision will have any effect on the organization as a whole, but this is likely just a small inquiry into the general opinion of Sharks fans.

I love this team. I won't stop watching them. I am fully willing to admit that I may be like an elderly Cubs fan 50 years from now still talking about Selanne's missed wrap-around. But financially, in my family's current monetary predicament, the Sharks are not what we are looking for in terms of fulfilling our increasingly shrinking entertainment budget. All I know is that if this had been the 1994-2003 Sharks we would have made it happen... Currently not so much.

Maybe it says more about me, but...

I am just sick of defending this team & of being a self-proclaimed hockey missionary in CA.

Everyone at work knows me as "the crazy canadian Sharks' fan" and for once I actually avoid conversations about hockey...

OK... sorry to subject you all to my ******-baggery.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:25 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Come on you know ploy. Sink to 8th face the Yotes who will be number 1 seed. 8 beats 1 and then the Sharks become the Cinderella team everyone thought they could be. heehh!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 02:47 PM
sjshark91

Bad.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 03:05 PM
WineShark

All I know is the team is not playing as a team. Defense is horrible at this stage and there are a lot of players with individual effort (Boyle, Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski) and thats leading to 1:4 rushes, high zone turnovers, blocked shots that are a tip to the goalie because the player is late to the shooting lane, and no support on the dump in.

Until the team starts playing like one, its going to continue. It will end when they start becoming consisitent again, and that hasn't been the case since before the break. Once they show they can put in a consistent effort and take something positive about the team performance, they will win the following game. I haven't yet seen the team performance so I suspect the streak is not yet over. It would be great to see them instantly rewarded for playing the right way, but my experience is thats not the way a streak ends. If it does, its going to take a lucky bounce off a skate or crossbar.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
nbbyfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
You know I guess I just don't have another place to vent...

I have *****ed many times about what is going on with the Sharks but this year was the first time my wallet ever had anything to do with it.

My father and I have had either full or partial season tickets since their inaugural season. We have never missed a home playoff game that I can remember... Of course the financial responsibility has moved slowly from him to me over the course of time and our season tickets have recently turned into Shark Paks. My current season ticket number however remains a respectable #43... That means there are only 42 people who have higher priority than my family. Our STH representative, Sarah, has called me several times in the last few weeks inquiring about our desire to purchase playoff tickets and wondering why she hasn't heard from us.

Granted there are other financial factors that have prevented us from purchasing PO tickets this year, and the decision to not may still have been made regardless of the recent slump, but we decided that we would not put forth the cash until the Sharks won another game. They henceforth have not...

I know it is unrealistic to think this small decision will have any effect on the organization as a whole, but this is likely just a small inquiry into the general opinion of Sharks fans.

I love this team. I won't stop watching them. I am fully willing to admit that I may be like an elderly Cubs fan 50 years from now still talking about Selanne's missed wrap-around. But financially, in my family's current monetary predicament, the Sharks are not what we are looking for in terms of fulfilling our increasingly shrinking entertainment budget. All I know is that if this had been the 1994-2003 Sharks we would have made it happen... Currently not so much.

Maybe it says more about me, but...

I am just sick of defending this team & of being a self-proclaimed hockey missionary in CA.

Everyone at work knows me as "the crazy canadian Sharks' fan" and for once I actually avoid conversations about hockey...

OK... sorry to subject you all to my ******-baggery.
The bold: good for you. I'm sick of defending them too, i'm known as the Crazy Shark fan on campus. But there are kings fan and ducks fans, that try to egg me on. But I don't want to talk to them. Like one of them said to me" WHen we beat the yotes, we are going to beat your Sharks since they choke all the time". I've defended them for so long. I just don't know what to say anymore.

But I hope the Sharks break out of this streak sometime. Its kind of hard to stay optimistic when we just lost to the oilers.

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:02 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
Just curious, are you actually from Canada or is that some ignorant jab at a hockey fan?

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
All I know is the team is not playing as a team. Defense is horrible at this stage and there are a lot of players with individual effort (Boyle, Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski) and thats leading to 1:4 rushes, high zone turnovers, blocked shots that are a tip to the goalie because the player is late to the shooting lane, and no support on the dump in.

Until the team starts playing like one, its going to continue. It will end when they start becoming consisitent again, and that hasn't been the case since before the break. Once they show they can put in a consistent effort and take something positive about the team performance, they will win the following game. I haven't yet seen the team performance so I suspect the streak is not yet over. It would be great to see them instantly rewarded for playing the right way, but my experience is thats not the way a streak ends. If it does, its going to take a lucky bounce off a skate or crossbar.
This.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:37 PM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarByte View Post

So my question is, how bad will this losing streak go?
Evgeni Nabokov will stop an unprecedented 6-on-0, and after making the save, turn to his bench and scream, "**** you guys" and then put the puck in his net, then take a swig of his gatorade bottle, which has been replaced with vodka, skate off the ice, take a swing at SJ Sharky with his goalie stick, and ride off into the sunset.

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
Evgeni Nabokov will stop an unprecedented 6-on-0, and after making the save, turn to his bench and scream, "**** you guys" and then put the puck in his net, then take a swig of his gatorade bottle, which has been replaced with vodka, skate off the ice, take a swing at SJ Sharky with his goalie stick, and ride off into the sunset.
lol that is awesome... he just might do that Bring on the Greiss fire!

royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
SharksAddict

If it continues into the homestand, perhaps the crowd booing them will wake them up.

.......Not.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
SalsaShark
keep your head up

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
i would pay to see this

SalsaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

On the bright side, at least the team is going through their funk now as opposed to waiting until the playoffs started.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
On the bright side, at least the team is going through their funk now as opposed to waiting until the playoffs started.
Yeah cause that's where the Sharks shine right?

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:27 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Since the Sharks have not showed up lately, why not the fans? Maybe if 17k+ show up during the middle of the 2nd or 3rd period, a light might go on and get these guys to remove their heads from their arses!! Wonder what they'd think skating out of the Sharks head to complete silence?

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

4-4-2

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:00 PM
baydrake
gutless performance

4-5-1 bad
followed by a 6-game series loss to nashville. third time's the charm

baydrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
FreeVille

i dont think we'll make it to the playoffs...TRADE EVERYBODY!!!

ahahaha

first ppl b(*)h about the sharks chokin in the playoffs, then they slump (pretty bad I must admit) during the season, and now the sharks are chokes all around.

patience is a virtue. theyre still in the playoffs, lets wait til then to come to a conclusion.

FreeVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Just curious, are you actually from Canada or is that some ignorant jab at a hockey fan?
I'm an american, born in PA. My mom's side of the family is from Canada and I spent some time living there when I was young. Have been living in the Bay area for almost 20 years now though.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Kevy D

sharks go 10-0 before the playoffs(jinx), then own in the first round, but not going 4-0. then after that, whatever...

Kevy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Kingshark49

Hi everyone...

I am Kingshark49 and I am new here on the HF Boards. I am a long time fan of the San Jose Sharks (since Day 1 going back to the Cow Palace Days). I see there are a ton of Sharks fans here and this is great. This is a board that I am proud to join and look forward to participating in. I like to call things as I see them and be fair with game anaylis.

To get down to business, I'm glad the Sharks finally got a win vs Minnesota. They have been struggling mightily and at times looked like a team that almost didn't really enjoy playing durring this 6 game skid. They have been a little out of sync since the Olympics, but the losing streak and they way they were losing games especially was a bit of a disturbing trend. However, there are now 9 games left and the good news for the Sharks is that they still have a good chance to take the division. The Sharks do have some tough competiton of the next nine games starting with Dallas on Thursday night. However, Phoenix is no lock for the Pacific since they play six of their last eight games on the road, which is a tall order for any team this late in the year.

The very worst off the Sharks will be is the 4th seed in the West. If you think back to last year, Pittsburgh out of the East was the 4th seed and won the Cup, so anything is possible. The 4th seed is still in the playoffs, and a heck of a lot better than the 9th seed. There are no guarantees here, but the 4th seed would not be the worst thing to happen to the Sharks. If they go on the road for the first two games of a series and split those game, that means the opponent has to win 3 of 5 games with three games on the road. I almost feel the Sharks would be better served as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th seed. The main thing for the Sharks is to avoid Detroit in the first round, the Red Wings create too many match up problems.

Let's see what happens over the next nine games and where they seed in the end, they'll take it from there. My attitude right now is let's get to the playoffs on a decent roll and get things rolling at the right time...

PS: Moderators, just so you'll know I use the "Bold Lettering" because of eye strain, not to make the post "louder" or anything like that...I am excited to join the HF Boards and look forward to paticipation before, durring and after games...

Kingshark49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:30 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingshark49 View Post
Hi everyone...

I am Kingshark49 and I am new here on the HF Boards. I am a long time fan of the San Jose Sharks (since Day 1 going back to the Cow Palace Days). I see there are a ton of Sharks fans here and this is great. This is a board that I am proud to join and look forward to participating in. I like to call things as I see them and be fair with game anaylis.

To get down to business, I'm glad the Sharks finally got a win vs Minnesota. They have been struggling mightily and at times looked like a team that almost didn't really enjoy playing durring this 6 game skid. They have been a little out of sync since the Olympics, but the losing streak and they way they were losing games especially was a bit of a disturbing trend. However, there are now 9 games left and the good news for the Sharks is that they still have a good chance to take the division. The Sharks do have some tough competiton of the next nine games starting with Dallas on Thursday night. However, Phoenix is no lock for the Pacific since they play six of their last eight games on the road, which is a tall order for any team this late in the year.

The very worst off the Sharks will be is the 4th seed in the West. If you think back to last year, Pittsburgh out of the East was the 4th seed and won the Cup, so anything is possible. The 4th seed is still in the playoffs, and a heck of a lot better than the 9th seed. There are no guarantees here, but the 4th seed would not be the worst thing to happen to the Sharks. If they go on the road for the first two games of a series and split those game, that means the opponent has to win 3 of 5 games with three games on the road. I almost feel the Sharks would be better served as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th seed. The main thing for the Sharks is to avoid Detroit in the first round, the Red Wings create too many match up problems.

Let's see what happens over the next nine games and where they seed in the end, they'll take it from there. My attitude right now is let's get to the playoffs on a decent roll and get things rolling at the right time...

PS: Moderators, just so you'll know I use the "Bold Lettering" because of eye strain, not to make the post "louder" or anything like that...I am excited to join the HF Boards and look forward to paticipation before, durring and after games...

Welcome to the boards, but you don't need to worry about eye strain. The boards are easy to read as long as people don't post walls of text with no paragraph breaks (and you don't seem to be a concern in that regard). Just save yourself some time/effort and post in regular text. If anyone has problems with reading, most browsers support some kind of magnification.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote