HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#73: Sharks @ Wild, 5:00PM, Versus(HD) Because there's a game today edition

Old
03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Observations:
  • Nabby way shaky. Still a turnover machine playing the puck. Almost gave up a goal on first shot.
    Agreed. Let's hope this nervousness clears up soon, just as the games commentators were mentioning about the team in general in that, they need to shake this slump off soon.
  • Finally Tmac split up "the Burger Line." Who wants to take credit for the naming of that pile of gerbil excrement now?
  • Burger line walking in their sleep but playing with others makes them work. Its not ideal. Would like to see our leaders lead out of the mess. But the workers are helping them get their games back to game speed.
  • Jumbo still was trying crazy passes that missed but fewer give aways
    Did look pretty good though but, the whole team looked tentative at times. But, Joe did even provide some pretty good D support and looked more confident. The team needs to get the confidence back as a whole.
  • Boyle played defense and stopped trying to be a one-man savior.
    Love the guy but totally agree.
  • Top PP when the three amigos were reunited still sucked.
    Patty can't play with Joe and Heater any longer. Too easy a read now and teams know it. I'd really really really like to see Clowe/Joe/Heater. T.M. though, he freaks me out and I can't understand why he doesn't try it out. Plus, wouldn't Demers look really good back on the point????? Pav's really stinks in that spot. No denying it.
  • Clowe has been one of the teams best players over this streak
    Agree totally and as well, pretty much for much of the season as well. Although I understand he "may" be a potential castoff due to salary, i'll still continue to pitch that he is one that I hope we keep and look elsewhere, including NOT re-signing Naby.
  • Blake had one of his best games tonight. He battled in front of the net on offense and defense and trusts Vlasic to support him.
    Blake has been awful. Everytime I see him make a blunder, especially when he misses once again his once famous hip check, reminds me of the stupid move of D.W. in moving Ehrhoff.
  • When Heatley scored, the team played with a ton more confidence
  • Outside of Joe, the team kept it simple with a lead and kept the puck in front of them and between them and their own net.
    Have to disagree here. Joe looked pretty steady last night. Many made little errors, not just Joe. But I agree, the confidence has to return.
  • Its a step in the right direction.
    Absolutely.

19sharks19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:41 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
I still don't get why they don't put Malhotra on the point on the PP. He has an incredible shot. He deserves a chance there.
They tried it in the Dallas game. I saw it in person and commented to my wife how I liked seeing Manny on the point... and he messed up defensively on the PP which led to a shorthanded goal.

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

Nabby looked a little off last night. He went down early a few times, the goal he gave up was terrible. He stacked the pads over committing to the play when the guy went behind the net, he never recovered and got scored on. Team D looked alot better last night.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
ngmcs8203

Anyone else feel like this after the win?

ngmcs8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
They tried it in the Dallas game. I saw it in person and commented to my wife how I liked seeing Manny on the point... and he messed up defensively on the PP which led to a shorthanded goal.
I would prefer pp lines like this
Seto-Joe-Heatley
Boyle-Marleau

Clowe-Pavs-Couture
Vlasic-Blake.

I don't understand why Couture isn't on the pp, even if he is a rookie, he has more offensive skill than Malhotra. Marleau has the speed to recover on the point, and he has best one timer on the team, besides Heatley.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

It wasn't pretty but they need all the confidence they can get right now. Its a step in the right direction and they played a solid team game.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
SharksFailToClear

I don't know why we can't have a lefty right set up on the point for one-timers.

Having boyle and pavs out there is no good. I agree Marleau and Boyle is worth a try.

Clowe - Joe - Heatley
Boyle - Marleau

Couture - Pavs - Seto
Keep boyle out there as long as possible //blake - vlasic/demers (if he ever comes back)

SharksFailToClear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Hah... i was watching an Australian feed here in California
Should try checking some live p2p feeds online! When I was in vacation in China, I didnt miss any Sharks games.

royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brototype View Post
Having boyle and pavs out there is no good. I agree Marleau and Boyle is worth a try.

Clowe - Joe - Heatley
Boyle - Marleau
Ditto on that as our number one unit. Would be much more effective as Pav's is terrible at the point. I cannot believe that T.M. cannot see this. Incredible.

Old
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Ditto on that as our number one unit. Would be much more effective as Pav's is terrible at the point. I cannot believe that T.M. cannot see this. Incredible.

Trust me he sees this. He just doesn't want to admit it!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Trust me he sees this. He just doesn't want to admit it!
No doubt you have to be 150% correct on this.

Old
03-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Kingshark49

Any win at this point is a good win. Hopefully this will get the Sharks rolling as the head home to take on Dallas, Vancouver and Colorado thru this weekend. Three games in four days, even on home ice, are never easy. However the Sharks will get plenty of opportunities to get their game back in order as they match up against a perrenial nemesis in Dallas, and two playoff calibur teams. The Sharks now must start looking for ways to stay busy, hungry, motivated and start to raise their game to the next level as they playoffs will demand nothing less...some good tests coming up for the Sharks this weekend...

Kingshark49 is offline   Reply With Quote