HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Official Philadelphia EAGLES Thread: Training Camp!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2010, 12:19 PM
  #976
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,503
vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I don't think people will be that outraged with Kolb's inevitable mistakes because it won't be McNabb making them. The relationship between the fans and McNabb had soured so much that just having a fresh face in there is enough to give them the leeway. Kind of like us not freaking out when Lavi was getting destroyed his first 10 games here after Stevens. We knew it was for the better in the long term.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
  #977
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I don't think people will be that outraged with Kolb's inevitable mistakes because it won't be McNabb making them. The relationship between the fans and McNabb had soured so much that just having a fresh face in there is enough to give them the leeway. Kind of like us not freaking out when Lavi was getting destroyed his first 10 games here after Stevens. We knew it was for the better in the long term.
I think you're significantly overestimating the rationality of Eagle fans. The rational fans will likely take this as a pseudo rebuild year and be happy with an 8-8 run. A significant portion, however, will not be happy campers.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 01:01 PM
  #978
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think you're significantly overestimating the rationality of Eagle fans. The rational fans will likely take this as a pseudo rebuild year and be happy with an 8-8 run. A significant portion, however, will not be happy campers.
At this point, the Phillies, Eagles and Flyers are expected to be playoff teams year after year, and anything less is a failure.

The Sixers have zero expectations because let's face it, Elton Brand.


IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 01:22 PM
  #979
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
At this point, the Phillies, Eagles and Flyers are expected to be playoff teams year after year, and anything less is a failure.

The Sixers have zero expectations because let's face it, Elton Brand.

I think the Eagles probably miss this coming season, and if they do make it that's an immense credit to Andy Reid and the front office in managing this crossover period. They've done an excellent job of putting the team into one of those speed rebuild programs... but, lets be serious, Kolb will almost certainly be a step back from McNabb for a year or two.

They'll probably win some big games, but also lose some games they shouldn't this year.

Far better situation than my Redskins, who have opted for the perpetual mediocrity path.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 01:36 PM
  #980
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think the Eagles probably miss this coming season, and if they do make it that's an immense credit to Andy Reid and the front office in managing this crossover period. They've done an excellent job of putting the team into one of those speed rebuild programs... but, lets be serious, Kolb will almost certainly be a step back from McNabb for a year or two.

They'll probably win some big games, but also lose some games they shouldn't this year.

Far better situation than my Redskins, who have opted for the perpetual mediocrity path.
Where the Eagles and the Pats constantly make moves to move up spots in future drafts and acquire extra picks, the Redskins trade picks for overpriced wash-ups and make awful FA acquisitions.

Quite interesting to see how this goes without McNabb. Are the Eagles the real deal?

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 01:52 PM
  #981
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Where the Eagles and the Pats constantly make moves to move up spots in future drafts and acquire extra picks, the Redskins trade picks for overpriced wash-ups and make awful FA acquisitions.

Quite interesting to see how this goes without McNabb. Are the Eagles the real deal?
Hey man, whenever you can drop $100M on a defensive lineman with knee problems and a bad attitude, you gotta do it. When you can snatch up an aging QB on the tail end of his career when you're in no position to even think about a "win now" mentality, you gotta do it.

In other news, I remain dumbfounded that the Vikings didn't cut the bait with Favre and deal for McNabb.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
  #982
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Dude had more problems with his ankle in college then any other human being.

Also, Demaryius Thomas also was hurt:



Denver has it pretty bad right now....

Starters currently injured:
RB Knowshon Moreno
LT Ryan Clady
RG Chris Kuper
OLB Elvis Dumervil
ILB DJ Williams

Backups currently injured:
RB Correll Buckhalter
RB LenDale White
WR Demariyus Thomas
WR Eric Decker
OLB Jarvis Moss
NT Chris Baker

Put on IR
WR Kenny McKinnley
SS Josh Barrett (claimed by Patriots)
Your telling me. Not to mention I live with 2 roomates now who swear by Comcast so now I can't even get my DirecTV to watch the games.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:17 PM
  #983
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Your telling me. Not to mention I live with 2 roomates now who swear by Comcast so now I can't even get my DirecTV to watch the games.
You should move in with Bernie, pretty sure he has DirecTV.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
  #984
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You should move in with Bernie, pretty sure he has DirecTV.
You two get along way better

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
  #985
KevinLin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think you're significantly overestimating the rationality of Eagle fans. The rational fans will likely take this as a pseudo rebuild year and be happy with an 8-8 run. A significant portion, however, will not be happy campers.
Go back to the threads last year in the weeks of the McNabb injury to the Saints game. People were flipping out and complaining about how Kolb was terrible and will never be an NFL quarterback based off his few snaps last year.

KevinLin is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:23 PM
  #986
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
You two get along way better
Just find a good sports bar near you if you're really serious about watching the games... when I was first out of college that was a normal Sunday routine, and it's a good time. Denver also seems to be on TV around here a lot anyway.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
  #987
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
Go back to the threads last year in the weeks of the McNabb injury to the Saints game. People were flipping out and complaining about how Kolb was terrible and will never be an NFL quarterback based off his few snaps last year.
Well, if you go back there you'll find me discussing just how incredibly awful that one INT he threw against NO was. I'll be curious to see how he does this year.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
  #988
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
Go back to the threads last year in the weeks of the McNabb injury to the Saints game. People were flipping out and complaining about how Kolb was terrible and will never be an NFL quarterback based off his few snaps last year.
Kolb had 2 300+ yard games last season with a QB rating of 88.9

I can't seem to remember anyone panic.

McNabb's career rating is 86.5

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
  #989
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Kolb had 2 300+ yard games last season with a QB rating of 88.9

I can't seem to remember anyone panic.

McNabb's career rating is 86.5
Eh, he bulked his QB rating up by torching KC with a 120.6 rating. NO wasn't going so good until after the game was pretty much decided.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
  #990
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Just find a good sports bar near you if you're really serious about watching the games... when I was first out of college that was a normal Sunday routine, and it's a good time. Denver also seems to be on TV around here a lot anyway.
Of course thats an option but just like hockey, I love sitting at home watching the games on my own damn couch with volume.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:45 PM
  #991
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Of course thats an option but just like hockey, I love sitting at home watching the games on my own damn couch with volume.
I agree, but football I can actually stomach... just because at 1pm on a Sunday, the folks there are there to watch the games.

It's also great if you're playing fantasy football and can watch with some of your buddies in the league.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
  #992
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,503
vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think you're significantly overestimating the rationality of Eagle fans. The rational fans will likely take this as a pseudo rebuild year and be happy with an 8-8 run. A significant portion, however, will not be happy campers.
Most will freak out, yeah. But I meant rational, level headed fans that actually know what they're talking about.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
  #993
KevinLin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Kolb had 2 300+ yard games last season with a QB rating of 88.9

I can't seem to remember anyone panic.

McNabb's career rating is 86.5
I do. I remember everyone being pissed Feeley wasnt playing. Haha. I was one of the few kolb defenders in that thread.

KevinLin is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
  #994
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Kolb had 2 300+ yard games last season with a QB rating of 88.9

I can't seem to remember anyone panic.

McNabb's career rating is 86.5
The Chiefs stink...

mm6492 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
  #995
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
The attitude change on Kolb because of 1 game against the freaking KC Chiefs is absolutely amazing.

I hope he does well, but this isn't an Aaron Rodgers type situation.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
  #996
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 38,882
vCash: 750
Can someone start a new thread? This will be closed.

__________________
"Street Sense is 19 out of 20. Street Sense has roared from 19th position to first in the Derby...And here is Street Sense, a stretch running sensation!," Tom Durkin.
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
  #997
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
New Thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=808332

mm6492 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.