HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski

Old
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
thepatient

vCash: 500
Grabovski

I was thinking, if we trade Kaberle for a top 6 centre Grabovski won't have a place on this team with Bozak playing the way he has been. The leafs don't have a top shut down guy either. Is there any teams that can use top 6 help and can spare a bottom 6 centre?

Maybe a team who is having trouble signing an RFA?

thepatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:52 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

i would like to move grabs also but i think including him with a kaberle deal would sweetin things up better for a better top 6 forward.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:58 AM
ansah

with bozak playing well and kadri on the way, I don't think we will trade for a centre, kadri may not be ready next year, so Grabo stays until kadri is ready to go

ansah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
TOG26

Easy solution. Keep Grabo till Kadri is ready, then move Grabo to the wing. I still stand by that i think he would be a better winger then center.

TOG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
John-Eric Iannicello

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
i would like to move grabs also but i think including him with a kaberle deal would sweetin things up better for a better top 6 forward.
That's my thought process also.

While people may balk at Grabovski's contract, in a cap world if you are taking a big name center salary, Grabovski's contract could prove to be necessary to make it work on both sides.

Tomas Kaberle + Mikhail Grabovski + X

Although I'm not sure what teams are willing to move 1st line center contracts. But in this case the Maple Leafs may be taking a 6 or 7 m dollar center in return for that package (similar to how Dallas acquired Richards -- the Maple Leafs would have to target a team looking to shed salary in favour of a younger roster player, or just budget reasons).

Not saying that it's do-able, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
tpc77

I like most people's reasoning on this subject, but what about Kadri playing the wing? I don't follow the Knights overly close, but I notice he has been playing the wing there. I doubt it would be because he couldn't get it done at centre in the OHL.

I think it was a call from the Leafs to see how Kadri plays on the wing. We all know he might be a bit small to play the middle in the NHL.

He would follow in the footsteps of guys like Kessel who played Centre until the NHL when their clubs realized he didn't fit as an NHL Centreman. Plus, the wing provides less defensive responsibility and the option to be much more offensive minded. Kadri has a ton of skill and I think he would fit nicely as a Winger on our club. We are missing a high-end LW. Kulemin has been great, but ideally he is a second liner on a great team.

tpc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
if Kaberle is dealt to obtain a top 6 forward then maybe Grabo should be used to fill the hole left by Kabs and so he might be dealt for a top 6 Dmen and a pick?

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
BlueBomber76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG26 View Post
Easy solution. Keep Grabo till Kadri is ready, then move Grabo to the wing. I still stand by that i think he would be a better winger then center.
This.

I too believe Grabo has some worthiness on the wing.

If not, a bag of NEW pucks will suffice.

BlueBomber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
thepatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
if Kaberle is dealt to obtain a top 6 forward then maybe Grabo should be used to fill the hole left by Kabs and so he might be dealt for a top 6 Dmen and a pick?
That's not a bad idea either. I was hoping leafs try to sign Martin though

Old
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
thepatient

double post

Old
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
No Need, the Leafs still have finger to fill that role. They also have prospects you can be brought up to play in the position and in the summer Burke can always sign Paul Martin, or a lesser dman.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies

Kaberle
for
Horton

Grabovski and Kadri
(mayb toss in Mitchell if that's not enough)

for

Backstrom ...yeah I went there

Kulemin - Backstrom - Kessel

Stalberg - Bozak - Horton

Caputi - Hanson - Armstrong

Torres - Primeau - Orr

MrPiff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
thepatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiff17 View Post
Kaberle
for
Horton

Grabovski and Kadri

for

Torres - Primeau - Orr
Interesting idea, I doubt Caps bite because Kadri is unproven. As great as Backstrom would look with Kessel I'd rather keep Kadri for cap reasons. We need to have as many good young guys on ELC as possible to save money, we don't have a 1st for the next 2 years making Kadri even more valuable to us

Old
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
Interesting idea, I doubt Caps bite because Kadri is unproven. As great as Backstrom would look with Kessel I'd rather keep Kadri for cap reasons. We need to have as many good young guys on ELC as possible to save money, we don't have a 1st for the next 2 years making Kadri even more valuable to us
True, but Boston gave up Kessel for draft picks (which is alson not anyone proven) so who knows, you're right Backstrom prob won't leave, Washington has the Cap to sign him I believe

but we gotta get good players sometime, all good players cost money, and we can't pass one up just cause of money, all the top 5 teams in the league have a couple big payrolls on offence that's for sure

MrPiff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Falon

Grabovsky will not have any trade value until he can prove he is worth his contract and replicate last seasons success.

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
pspot

I'm hot and cold on Grabovski
He's a C that can't win faceoffs and he's inconsistent
but at the same time I like his skill and he plays with an edge. I'd like to see him moved to the wing and thing he could still be a talented 2nd line guy on the Leafs

IMO the Hanson, Caputi, Sjostrom maybe even Stalberg are all talented but 3rd line checking guys.

for next year that leaves Kessel, Bozak, Kulemin, Grabovski, at top 6

and realistically the Leafs aren't going to get top end talent via FA or Trades (for next year) so I still this as a fwd group that may roll a top 9, where players from 1st line to 3rd line are almost interchangable and ther can be a lot variations in the lines.

look to add some FA like Armstrong and/or Torres

Young talented/hungry fwd group insulated by strong D and Goalies

Only hole I can see being have to filled is size down the middle and maybe that's where Kaberle is used to address

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
dionysios*

Quote:
Kaberle
for
Horton

Grabovski and Kadri

for

Torres - Primeau - Orr

I don't care what ppl say or how much they offer, fact is.. Washington will NEVER trade Backstrom. He's the perfect set up man for Ovechkin, and what makes you think that Kadri will even be better than Backs in his prime? Backs hasn't even hit his prime yet either. Plus why would they trade the fourth leading scorer in the NHL for an unproven prospect?? Wake up.

dionysios* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falon View Post
Grabovsky will not have any trade value until he can prove he is worth his contract and replicate last seasons success.
hence the reason why i and some others believe he could seal the deal for a better top 6 forward if coupled with kabs in a trade then just kabs alone.

we should be looking to get kadri into the mix next season also if he adds some weight/strength this summer so i think we would be covered for grab's void if he's moved factoring in if kadris steps up.

Old
03-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Sad Panda

Quote:
Kaberle
for
Horton

Grabovski and Kadri

for

Torres - Primeau - Orr
... yeah, not happening. You think trading Grabs, Kadri, and Mitchell for Backstrom would work? Are you crazy? The Captials would laugh at that offer so hard they'd end up in the hospital. And Kaberle for Horton? I'll never understand the obsession some of you guys have with Nathan Horton.

Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 02:36 PM
embracedbias

Kaberle
Grabovski

for

Richards
2nd 2010

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:23 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansah View Post
with bozak playing well and kadri on the way, I don't think we will trade for a centre, kadri may not be ready next year, so Grabo stays until kadri is ready to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Kaberle
Grabovski

for

Richards
2nd 2010
if im BB i consider this trade but i think i would hold off unless niskanen was included instead of the 2nd. dallas would get better defenseman but suckier center and toronto would get a suckier defenseman but a better forward.

xxxxx richards kadri
kulemin bozak kessel
caputi xxxxxx stalberg
sjostrom hanson orr
mitchell

phaneuf schenn
beauch komi
gunnarson niskanan

giggy
monster

all we need to do is find a top 6 winger (frolov?) and a 3rd line center (madden?) and we should be good for business

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Defense

Kaberle for Hodgson!

Yeah I went there.

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

We just resigned him, we're not dealing him soon.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 03:42 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
if im BB i consider this trade but i think i would hold off unless niskanen was included instead of the 2nd. dallas would get better defenseman but suckier center and toronto would get a suckier defenseman but a better forward.
i would do this as well, i am pretty sure i made a proposal exactly like that somewhere around here.

Old
03-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Dutch Dreams

I see Grabovski as the perfect guy to center guys like Kulemin/Stalberg next year, as they have similar games - I imagine it all depends on whether Kadri is with us next year, which is likely due to Wilson's interest even... if he is then moving Grabovski to the wing won't help either - we've got enough problems with size top-6 so moving this guy to the wing won't prove anything either.. the guy's trade value is an enigma. Really, if he's dealt I see it being to a team short on talent like Florida... but not with Kaberle - the teams most likely looking at Kaberle already have talent up front. They will be dealt seperately I believe.

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote