HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2010 SEL Playoffs

View Poll Results: HV71 vs. Djurgården in the final - what's your prediction?
HV sweep 0 0%
HV in 5 2 14.29%
HV in 6 4 28.57%
HV in 7 1 7.14%
DIF sweep 0 0%
DIF in 5 2 14.29%
DIF in 6 3 21.43%
DIF in 7 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Jim Morrison

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Is it the new iphone with google maps that is the reason all those DIF-fans seem to find their way to Globen these days?
No, it's the same way as when then found their way to the games last season when they didn't even make the playoffs.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Färjestad out of the playoffs. Feels strange

LHC vs DIF and SAIK vs HV71 in the semi finals. Congratulations and good luck to all, lets hope for some more tough, fast played hockey.
Cheers!

I think the semifinals will be really fun, there will be all out war in both of them. I just love that there's some rivalries between these teams.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Ribban

I am usually a sucker for the underdog, and without any intention of offending any SAIK fans, I hope that SAIK wins it all. I just love the way they play! I've watched them a handful of times now, and they get after people, up and down the ice. It's really fun to see them go. I sure hope their "pedal to the metal" style pays off for them. More of SAIK in Swedish hockey, and the entertainment value of the league would increase dramatically.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:11 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Funny, most Swedish hockey fans keep saying we are more boring than SSK and that our team belong in Allsvenskan...

I don't necessarily share your view on SAIK hockey, I think this year we have played a more boring hockey than past seasons, mainly because the player material is too grey and they have to play a more defensive and collective type game. This also have tons to do with our coach whose preference for defensive hockey is quite anti-Skellefteå at it's core, but we can't complain when we're in the semi finals two season in a row now can we? I think the reason our hockey might look fast paced and interesting is because all our junior players. We have so many of them so the coach can just throw a couple of them in if the overpaid lazy older ones doesn't do what they're supposed to to (Happens all the time because SEL players are all overpaid and lazy as a rule). As an example, in the last period in the previous game against FBK, six of the seven available U20 players saw plenty of ice time when FBK was really owning the play. Very few teams would or could do that.

I am mostly impressed that we finished fourth in the standings, and are now in the semi finals even though we clearly have the worst PP in the league. If we had a functioning PP and if we didn't lose four key players to the WJCs and lost eight straight games (This season's record) we would have finished first. I'm quite sure of that.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
zecke26

SAIK simply has what it takes to get my interest. loyal and passionate fans, a good youth program, a good mixture of young/old, scorer/role player and even more important the future of hockey with adam "hockeygod 2.0" larsson.

so please, go out and get that damn cup!

and on a sidenote: all 3 other clubs suck!

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
ottsens08

Here are my prediction for the semis

SAIK v HV71 (HV71 in 7)

LHC v DIF (LHC in 6)

Both semis should be very exciting and hard fought series. But the two best offense should advance to the finals, to be continued....

ottsens08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
KRM

Good work Djurgården.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
hawksfan50

GUSTAF WESSLAU stops 34/35 shots in Game #1 of the SEL semi-final for 3-1 Djurgardens win over Linkopings continuing his excellent season ..is WESSLAU the next MONSTER or at least the next big (also BIG at 6'4 195) goalie to come over from europe as a free agent (IS he a free agent this summer?)...

Last summer there were 2 significant euro free agent goalie signings to the NHL:

1. JONAS GUSTAVSSON (Leafs)
2. ANTTI NIEMI (Blaclhawks)

IS WESSLAU this years's top euro golie target for freeagency (if he is a free agent)?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Tooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Good work Djurgården.
Hovet is going to be a madhouse tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
IS WESSLAU this years's top euro golie target for freeagency (if he is a free agent)?
Hopefully not, I'd rather keep him in Djurgården. Does he get any attention in NA hockey news?

Tooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooga View Post
Hovet is going to be a madhouse tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
It's going to be amazing. Can't wait!

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

What happened to Frolunda this year? 7th place, leading 3-1 in the playoffs and losing....I thought they would be really strong considering all the talent they signed in the off-season.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 04:48 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensVenom View Post
What happened to Frolunda this year? 7th place, leading 3-1 in the playoffs and losing....I thought they would be really strong considering all the talent they signed in the off-season.
Lundqvist injured the whole playoffs more or less and P-J Axelsson was probably nowhere near the player Frölunda expected him to be for them this season. Backman has probably been the only one of those big signings living up to expectations. And a Terrible terrible goalie (these days) in Holmqvist won't win you anything.

But in the end they honestly lost to a team with more talent than them, that underachieved early on in the series. Kinda like Capitals going from 1-3 to 4-3 against the Rangers last spring..

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 05:43 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensVenom View Post
It wasent just this year. This has been going on for atleast three years now.
Frölunda has lost it's spirit and is instead signing players with a nice resume instead of caring if they fit into their team.

Then there is this silly idea about keeping Niklas Andersson until he has to be carried out. They can't have a #1 winger that they keep for sentimental values.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
SAIK simply has what it takes to get my interest. loyal and passionate fans, a good youth program, a good mixture of young/old, scorer/role player and even more important the future of hockey with adam "hockeygod 2.0" larsson.
I love SAIK to death, but would also like to add that Djurgården has what it takes to get my interest. They also have a great mixture of young/old, scorers/role players and let's not forget that they have Hardy Nilsson.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

The game yesterday was awesome. Great atmosphere. When Ölvestad scored I nearly died of joy.

Would be quite the final if Skellefteå and DIF met in the final. Who would have predicted that at the beginning of the season?

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkageNoKeri View Post
Funny, most Swedish hockey fans keep saying we are more boring than SSK and that our team belong in Allsvenskan...

I don't necessarily share your view on SAIK hockey, I think this year we have played a more boring hockey than past seasons, mainly because the player material is too grey and they have to play a more defensive and collective type game. This also have tons to do with our coach whose preference for defensive hockey is quite anti-Skellefteå at it's core, but we can't complain when we're in the semi finals two season in a row now can we? I think the reason our hockey might look fast paced and interesting is because all our junior players. We have so many of them so the coach can just throw a couple of them in if the overpaid lazy older ones doesn't do what they're supposed to to (Happens all the time because SEL players are all overpaid and lazy as a rule). As an example, in the last period in the previous game against FBK, six of the seven available U20 players saw plenty of ice time when FBK was really owning the play. Very few teams would or could do that.

I am mostly impressed that we finished fourth in the standings, and are now in the semi finals even though we clearly have the worst PP in the league. If we had a functioning PP and if we didn't lose four key players to the WJCs and lost eight straight games (This season's record) we would have finished first. I'm quite sure of that.
Hmm. Well, I suppose we look at this differently. How people can find them boring is an enigma to me. It looks like hockey when they step on the ice.
Yesterday's game is a clear example of what I mean.

Sure, SAIK got pushed back, and a lot of that had to do with a million untimely turn-overs, but combine youth with a grueling play-off schedule, and you'll inevitably get some of that. It was to some extent ironic how the GWG came about.
But , to my point, I'm not one to complain about the officiating, and I will not do that this time either. I realize that clutching, grabbing, holding people's sticks, interference is as much part of the SEL as fighting is in the ECHL. It's tolerated. However, I think with a north American ref, or even a non-Swedish ref, SAIK wins last night's game with a couple of goals. Of course, they lost, and it is the SEL with Swedish refs, so it is what it is, but my preference is to watch teams playing like SAIK and not like a trapping, detremental, and belt & suspenders team like HV71.

To be a bit more positive and constructive, I also see SAIK do the things I rarely ever see in the SEL. I remember a 3 on 1 run. The wing drops the puck back to the trailer, a quick shot, and the third guy never looking back but crashing the net at 100 mph for a rebound. None of the dipsy doodle, toe-dragging, ballerina stuff.
On the other end, 2nd period, Thörnqvist, I think it was, is leading the 2 on 1 for HV. I look back at the neutral zone, and I see three black jersey's back checking like flogged demons. THe SAIK D-man holds the middle, which probably wasn't that hard as Thornqvist was being a ***** and chose to "gå ut på kanten för att slå ett inlägg" or whatever he was doing, and when Thörnqvist's centering pass came, one the SAIK boys, who was just in the neutral zone has made it back, and the play goes the other way again. There is just no quitting on those guys.

Sure, I would love to see them be a little older and knock off their dreams of the perfect break out play, punish the trap guys by recognizing and attacking the gaps faster, and go after the key individual on the other team. Last night, I was surprised to see that SAIK didn't visit with Liv a few times. The guy has a .950 going on, and it would serve SAIK well to let him know that they are there on a regular basis.

At any rate, SAIK is exciting to me, and I hope for a SAIK-DIF final.

Old
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Adam Larsson

Can anyone offer insight to Mattias Tedenby's play throughout the playoffs? Also anything about Jacob Josefson would be very much appreciated. We Devil fans are really excited about these two players, so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Ribban

Live Stream:

http://kanal5.se/web/guest/slutspele...F8_version=1.0

Old
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
GoHomez

You know, just saying..

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Those were some great games tonight. Great action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post

You know, just saying..
Haha, that's pretty good.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 03:15 AM

It's pretty much over now, so my hopes are on Djurgården now. Gah, how I hate HV71. Oh well, our juniors have gained valuable experience, but it's still sad that we can't play better when it really matters. Our power play is just... amazingly bad. Must be the worst in the universe or something.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
It's pretty much over now, so my hopes are on Djurgården now. Gah, how I hate HV71. Oh well, our juniors have gained valuable experience, but it's still sad that we can't play better when it really matters. Our power play is just... amazingly bad. Must be the worst in the universe or something.
Pretty much over?
HV has won on overtime 2 games in a row.
This is like flipping a coin. It came up heads twice, so why couldn't it come up tails twice for a game 7?!
Play-offs is a wonderful thing. Yesterday and tomorrow doesn't matter. It's always just about one game.

Old
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Should be the best final series since '05. Liv with the shutout in Game 7 to win it for HV.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 01:02 AM
GoHomez

Looking forward to a great final series.
Djurgården has been looking really impressive, they have come a long way...

Seems a lot "more casual" hockey fans forget they actually finished second during the regular season.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias to Parise View Post
Can anyone offer insight to Mattias Tedenby's play throughout the playoffs? Also anything about Jacob Josefson would be very much appreciated. We Devil fans are really excited about these two players, so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
average overall. but when factoring in his age hes done fairly well. hes been overshadowed in the playoffs by the other kid on the team adam almqvist

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote