HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2011, 03:29 PM
  #376
Sirquacksalot
ˇViva Los Patos!
 
Sirquacksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Mojave
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I tried to take from the old and the new in terms of the color scheme, and I think there are some legal issues in terms of using colors from the old ID. I like the feedback, thanks guys. Would you guys prefer this over the current unis?
Somewhat. I've always been a fan of more traditionally styled hockey jerseys (ala Boston, Montreal, Sabres) but these aren't bad. When you consider how bad the jerseys for some of the more recent expansion teams have been then these are a huge upgrade.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
  #377
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I agree with the idea of bringing in purple (or maybe eggplant like the old days). Not a big fan of the logo or the jersey, but I do like the idea. Black, gold, and orange is so boring and generic. We just need to simplify our striping (sort of like the Devils) and come up with some more unique colors, and a better logo of course.

I doubt we will though, which stinks because our current jerseys are pretty bad.
I tried to go with a dark purple for the jersey, the logo features the dark purple and a lighter shade to break it up. As for the logo, its tough to make a Duck look tough or menacing lol, I gave it my best. The duck isn't the most threatening animal unless you are a female duck, then you are in trouble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzpNumA6uU4

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
  #378
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper35 View Post
Somewhat. I've always been a fan of more traditionally styled hockey jerseys (ala Boston, Montreal, Sabres) but these aren't bad. When you consider how bad the jerseys for some of the more recent expansion teams have been then these are a huge upgrade.
I have other versions of the unis with a more simple old school style, but the ducks have never really been a team to utilize that formula (aside from their 3rd with the script logo) and a good portion of the RBK jerseys are trying to look a bit more I guess
"modern" in terms of design. Again I appreciate the feedback a lot guys.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
  #379
Hampe
The Hampster
 
Hampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I tried to go with a dark purple for the jersey, the logo features the dark purple and a lighter shade to break it up. As for the logo, its tough to make a Duck look tough or menacing lol, I gave it my best. The duck isn't the most threatening animal unless you are a female duck, then you are in trouble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzpNumA6uU4
Yeah, I agree. Maybe we just need a completely new identity? "Ducks" is such a hard name to work with. Don't know what we would switch to, hopefully something more menacing.

Or just go all out and switch back to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I have other versions of the unis with a more simple old school style, but the ducks have never really been a team to utilize that formula (aside from their 3rd with the script logo) and a good portion of the RBK jerseys are trying to look a bit more I guess
"modern" in terms of design. Again I appreciate the feedback a lot guys.
Yeah, I wish the Ducks would try a more old school style. Maybe it's just because I've always been a fan of teams going to vintage jerseys. We just need more traditional jerseys, I think.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
  #380
Twindad*
Father of Twins
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cali-for-ni-a
Country: United States
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 500
I like them enough, the jersey styling is good.

Not sure about the logo, but we do need something I agree.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:10 PM
  #381
Sirquacksalot
ˇViva Los Patos!
 
Sirquacksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Mojave
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Yeah, I agree. Maybe we just need a completely new identity? "Ducks" is such a hard name to work with. Don't know what we would switch to, hopefully something more menacing.

Or just go all out and switch back to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Honey Badgers. The most fearless animal on Earth.


Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
  #382
JtotheLew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Country: Canada
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I tried to take from the old and the new in terms of the color scheme, and I think there are some legal issues in terms of using colors from the old ID. I like the feedback, thanks guys. Would you guys prefer this over the current unis?
I'm actually one who likes the new unis as far as colors go. I think they're simple and clean and sharp looking but I wish we had a logo not just the webbed D or word 'Ducks'.

JtotheLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
  #383
elduderino
Registered User
 
elduderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post

Yup, can see them now! Thanks alot

I think the Ducks needs to be a little bit more angry or menacing. Just my thought. But overall great work, like the purple.


Last edited by elduderino: 03-23-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling
elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:23 PM
  #384
Hampe
The Hampster
 
Hampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheLew View Post
I'm actually one who likes the new unis as far as colors go. I think they're simple and clean and sharp looking but I wish we had a logo not just the webbed D or word 'Ducks'.
Can't agree more there, the biggest thing wrong with the current jerseys is the wordmark. Leaves so much extra space, just looks really awkward.



Threw this together in paint, I think it looks a lot better with the webbed D.


Last edited by Hampe: 03-23-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Typo.
Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
  #385
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Yeah, I agree. Maybe we just need a completely new identity?
No.

I'm a Ducks fan, and always will be.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
  #386
jiggsawpuzzle35
Registered User
 
jiggsawpuzzle35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The 949
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
I think our away jerseys should at least have Anaheim on it.

I like the Buffalo jersey cause it also has the logo on it as well.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:23 PM
  #387
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Not digging it. The jersey is just the 2007 All-Star game jersey and I don't want anything to do with Purple and Gold. Yes the Kings are changing colors but still, it's not right.

The logo is fine though.


Last edited by Mooseduck: 03-23-2011 at 08:52 PM.
TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:40 PM
  #388
Seanconn*
mission accomplished
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
still... we need to have a third that brings back the old logo.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 12:02 AM
  #389
Ramenbot
Registered User
 
Ramenbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Burbank
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
The current jerseys are plain boring and indistinguishable. I like being able to look at the stands during road games and knowing exactly who the Ducks fans are. With these black things they just blend right in with everyone else.

After making such a to-do about changing the look of the team, it only took them 4 years to bring back the old logo in some form by having them on the 3rds. It's just a better look and shouldn't have changed. Unfortunately with all the marketing the team is doing with the restaurant, hospital, rinks, etc., I don't see them switching primary logos or colors. It can still be brought back and made more prominent, though.

Ramenbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 02:49 AM
  #390
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,820
vCash: 500
I might be in the minority, but I quite like the webbed D logo tbh, that being said, I wouldn't mind a third jersey next year in the old colour scheme

Hopefully with some minor changes our thirds become our home jersey next season

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 08:54 AM
  #391
Hampe
The Hampster
 
Hampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I might be in the minority, but I quite like the webbed D logo tbh, that being said, I wouldn't mind a third jersey next year in the old colour scheme

Hopefully with some minor changes our thirds become our home jersey next season
I actually do like the webbed D as well. Not as much as the old mask logo, but I still think it's a pretty nice logo. Something makes me think we'll be switching our thirds to our primaries soon, we've really been promoting those thirds and wearing them a lot as well. Hopefully if they do switch we'll see a new secondary as well.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:14 AM
  #392
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...
 
The Mighty Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
I am in favour of the old jerseys with the new colors. (including the old logo)

The Mighty Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:55 AM
  #393
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Can't agree more there, the biggest thing wrong with the current jerseys is the wordmark. Leaves so much extra space, just looks really awkward.



Threw this together in paint, I think it looks a lot better with the webbed D.
these look really good IMO, i like them a lot more with the webbed D than the word

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
  #394
Ramenbot
Registered User
 
Ramenbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Burbank
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
There should be a jersey that says "Anaheim" across the front, like the alternate that everyone loved years ago. It's also still worn by this season ticket holder lady that's visible next to the Ducks bench for pretty much every home game. The script used in that logo was good.

Ramenbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 12:38 PM
  #395
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Put the D on the home and away and come up with a new third that is less RBKish, problem solved.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:10 AM
  #396
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I mention that in the post. The Kings are dropping the purple next season, they are making the 3rd their home and using a white version of that as their road unis.
That doesn't necessarily make purple and gold fair game (no pun intended) for the Ducks to use.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 06:21 AM
  #397
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,820
vCash: 500
Purple and gold is crummy anyway.

I like our current colour scheme, just need a few little tweaks here and there

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
  #398
Twindad*
Father of Twins
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cali-for-ni-a
Country: United States
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 500
This would look good on the front


Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:38 AM
  #399
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,419
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
This would look good on the front

Nah there is too much going on there. If you dropped the ducks and just did the logo yeah.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
  #400
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,820
vCash: 500
Webbed D = win

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.