Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion

Old
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
D3nZ

vCash: 500
As a person who is currently a Habs fan but knows all the sentences from all three Mighty Ducks movies, I would really like a return to the old logo. It may not be as old at the C, the Maple Leaf or the red wheeled wing, but it has a certain nostalgia to it. I still have my Wild Wing going thru the ice jersey in my basement. I actually miss seeing the duck mask, I consider it a classic.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3nZ View Post
As a person who is currently a Habs fan but knows all the sentences from all three Mighty Ducks movies, I would really like a return to the old logo. It may not be as old at the C, the Maple Leaf or the red wheeled wing, but it has a certain nostalgia to it. I still have my Wild Wing going thru the ice jersey in my basement. I actually miss seeing the duck mask, I consider it a classic.
it's ridiculous it is on the shoulder patch on the alternates, it should be the logo! Webbed D on the shoulder.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post

Some new concepts from icethetics.
Not too shabby, I'm a big fan of the traditional striping.

However, I almost wish we would try some green instead. Kind of like a throwback to the Seals. I doubt we'll be changing jerseys anytime soon, though.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:49 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Not too shabby, I'm a big fan of the traditional striping.

However, I almost wish we would try some green instead. Kind of like a throwback to the Seals. I doubt we'll be changing jerseys anytime soon, though.
Shouldn't a Seals throwback be left to the sharks?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Maybe, but I think it would be a good thing to draw inspiration from.

Old
05-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Sirquacksalot
Ragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Or the Stars.

The Seals moved to Cleveland, became the Barons, Merged with the North Stars, and they split into the Stars and Sharks. Or something like that. I want nothing to do with either one of those teams.

On an unrelated note, I made a jersey concept for the Ducks based on the USA national soccer team. Obviously I wouldn't actually want them to wear it, but what does everyone thing of having something with a non-traditional design?

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:47 AM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Reminds me of

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/1120/photo/kings.jpg

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Sirquacksalot
Ragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
I tried to avoid the faded 90's gradient and the burger king logo.

I'll try to make some other ones later. For fun, I guess.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post

Some new concepts from icethetics.
amazing. but I think the colours on the logo look better revered. orange triangle

Old
05-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckscrazy View Post
I would go with the Webbed D on those jerseys...

A full return of the Wild Wing logo will never happen with the Samueli's as owners.
why is that exactly? why do they have such a need to stay away from the wild wing logo?

to me it's utterly ridiculous... a logo created by one of the best animation companies EVER (disney) or the Webbed freaking D... something a 14 year old could make on Photoshop... it's beyond stupid that they don't take advantage of such an awesome logo that they have the ownership rights to, and don't have to pay to make a new logo...

I don't even consider the Webbed D a logo... it's simply the D from the Word mark, and nothing more. so maybe it's a "semi-logo" but even that's a stretch. as a main logo for the team...it sucks. BIG TIME

we won the cup, so i don't understand the need to distance the Ducks from the Mighty Ducks any longer, it's just silly. + isn't wild wing still our mascot?

Old
05-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Unholy
waifu

The fact that Disney no logner owns the team and the current owners don't want to keep using it and to build a new identity along with the name change?

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
why is that exactly? why do they have such a need to stay away from the wild wing logo?

to me it's utterly ridiculous... a logo created by one of the best animation companies EVER (disney) or the Webbed freaking D... something a 14 year old could make on Photoshop... it's beyond stupid that they don't take advantage of such an awesome logo that they have the ownership rights to, and don't have to pay to make a new logo...

I don't even consider the Webbed D a logo... it's simply the D from the Word mark, and nothing more. so maybe it's a "semi-logo" but even that's a stretch. as a main logo for the team...it sucks. BIG TIME

we won the cup, so i don't understand the need to distance the Ducks from the Mighty Ducks any longer, it's just silly. + isn't wild wing still our mascot?
Disney makes cartoons and children's movies, not hockey team logos.

The logo is kinda childish... seriously, a goalie mask with a beak?

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Disney makes cartoons and children's movies, not hockey team logos.

At least it was unique and had some flair to it.

Nothing to our logo nowadays. It's just...a D. Shaped like a duck's foot.

Hate to talk badly about my own team so much, but our logo is one of the least attractive in the League, in my opinion.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Unholy
waifu

Anything else would probably look just as bad. What else could they do? Any kind of duck would look lame so its either the D which I am fine with or the older logo which I am also fine with but we probably won't be seeing as a main logo.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Anything else would probably look just as bad. What else could they do? Any kind of duck would look lame so its either the D which I am fine with or the older logo which I am also fine with but we probably won't be seeing as a main logo.
Yeah, I've seen quite a few concepts on sites like Icethetics and they've all been pretty bad. Really hard to work with a name like 'Ducks', so I guess we're doing the best we can.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Disney makes cartoons and children's movies AND hockey team logos.

FTFY. and how does a Duck wearing a goalie mask not make sense???!? the team is called the Ducks, and they should have a Duck as the logo. Not a freaking FOOT!

The webbed D is a good shoulder patch, and good for use on the word mark... as a logo, it is laughable, and in my opinion, a disgrace to a league full of many good logos (which ones included wild-wing)

childish? You've got to be kidding. Sure, kids might like the wild wing logo, more than they would like say the... Columbus Blue Jackets logo , or Hurricanes logo, but that doesn't make it childish.

admit it, you think it's childish because it's associated with the Disney movies...

because otherwise, I don't see how you can call this logo childish...

using your logic, the Pittsburgh Penguins also have an extremely childish logo, and the fans of that logo must all be little kids or something.

OMG, a penguin with skates -- playing hockey!?!?! how childish... better become a Flyers fan pronto before the kids at school start to tease me.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Also, what is so wrong with having a logo that kids like? I doubt the Ducks attract nearly as much attention with kids in the LA area now with the crappy D logo, vs the days where they had a sweet Duck with a goalie mask and two hockey sticks

aren't kids the main target for teams to pick up "new fans" since most people have already "picked" a team, and won't change because another team has a cool logo...

a kid might tho

Last edited by Seanconn*: 05-30-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old
05-30-2011, 01:01 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Maybe we should put Jagr's face as our logo?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
The fact that Disney no logner owns the team and the current owners don't want to keep using it and to build a new identity along with the name change?
If that's really the case, why keep wild wing as the mascot, or put wild wing on the shoulder patch of the alt. jerseys?

and it's not like they changed the name from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim to the Orange County Bears or something. it was a very slight name change.

build a new identity? I think they pretty much took care of that with the jersey change in 07, and winning the Stanley Cup

so keeping the black/orange/gold, but going back to the old logo, would result in our Ducks's being seen as the mickey mouse hockey team again? give me a break.

Old
05-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
good idea ... I wonder if that would motivate him to sign with us ?

Old
05-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post

Can someone try this just for a laugh?

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
If that's really the case, why keep wild wing as the mascot, or put wild wing on the shoulder patch of the alt. jerseys?

and it's not like they changed the name from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim to the Orange County Bears or something. it was a very slight name change.

build a new identity? I think they pretty much took care of that with the jersey change in 07, and winning the Stanley Cup

so keeping the black/orange/gold, but going back to the old logo, would result in our Ducks's being seen as the mickey mouse hockey team again? give me a break.
Which happened AFTER the new ownership that I mentioned.. Had nothing to do with the Cup but the fact that the new owners wanted to make a new identity for the 'Anaheim Ducks' (name, jersey, logo, etc.) Henry pretty much said he wanted to keep the team Anaheim based unlike the new Angels owner who changed it to the ridiculous name it has now. As for Wild Wing who knows? That and logo are nice memories of the starting of this franchise. It's the Mighty Ducks logo, not the Anaheim Ducks.

Last edited by Unholy: 05-30-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old
05-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Which happened AFTER the new ownership that I mentioned.. Had nothing to do with the Cup but the fact that the new owners wanted to make a new identity for the 'Anaheim Ducks' (name, jersey, logo, etc.) Henry pretty much said he wanted to keep the team Anaheim based unlike the new Angels owner who changed it to the ridiculous name it has now. As for Wild Wing who knows? That and logo are nice memories of the starting of this franchise. It's the Mighty Ducks logo, not the Anaheim Ducks.

Keep putting words in peoples mouth though, you're good at that.
omg, they are the same freaking team!!!! Anaheim Ducks/ Mighty Ducks of Anaheim = EXACT SAME THING. except different jerseys, and a slightly less exciting name.

So, are you saying this equals a logo for the "Anaheim Ducks" ?

and this is an completely different logo, from an entirely "different" team called the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim?

I think I get it now....

Last edited by Seanconn*: 05-30-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old
05-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Unholy
waifu

I should know better than to try and talk to you on one of your rants. Emery/Jagr all over again.

Shoulder patch does not equal main logo. Ever hear of throwbacks? As small as the shoulder patch is it was nice, but I doubt Henry S. would want to go back to the Mighty Duck logo as the main logo. Since the thirds just came out he is more willing to go with the D if he were to replace the wordmark logo. That would be more in the direction of the 'Anaheim Ducks' main logo than using the old 'Mighty Ducks' main logo which is the shoulder patch.

Hopefully bolding words helps you understand better.

Old
05-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
I should know better than to try and talk to you on one of your rants. Emery/Jagr all over again.

Shoulder patch does not equal main logo. Ever hear of throwbacks? As small as the shoulder patch is it was nice, but I doubt Henry S. would want to go back to the Mighty Duck logo as the main logo. Since the thirds just came out he is more willing to go with the D if he were to replace the wordmark logo. That would be more in the direction of the 'Anaheim Ducks' main logo than using the old 'Mighty Ducks' main logo which is the shoulder patch.

Hopefully bolding words helps you understand better.
yeah, I was totally wrong that we should play Emery over Dan Ellis, eh?

and you're saying I'm the one throwing logic out the window... let me get this straight... you think the shoulder patch on the third jerseys isn't a logo of the Anaheim Ducks, but nothing more than a throwback to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim? (which, I guess you also think is a separate team from the Anaheim Ducks... not just a minor name change)

and if the Ducks were to use Wild Wing as a "main logo" it would no longer make us the Anaheim Ducks, but the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim? I'd be fine with that, btw.

In all seriousness, I just don't understand how people can support the Webbed D as the main logo for our future jerseys... or that the webbed D is a better logo than Wild Wing was. the webbed D is something that should be a shoulder patch NOT a main logo

On a side note... every single NHL team named after an animal has that animal's face featured somewhere on their main jerseys... EXCEPT the Anaheim Ducks.

Old
05-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
yeah, I was totally wrong that we should play Emery over Dan Ellis, eh?

and you're saying I'm the one throwing logic out the window... let me get this straight... you think the shoulder patch on the third jerseys isn't a logo of the Anaheim Ducks, but nothing more than a throwback to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim? (which, I guess you also think is a separate team from the Anaheim Ducks... not just a minor name change)

and if the Ducks were to use Wild Wing as a "main logo" it would no longer make us the Anaheim Ducks, but the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim? I'd be fine with that, btw.

In all seriousness, I just don't understand how people can support the Webbed D as the main logo for our future jerseys... or that the webbed D is a better logo than Wild Wing was. the webbed D is something that should be a shoulder patch NOT a main logo

On a side note... every single NHL team named after an animal has that animal's face featured somewhere on their main jerseys... EXCEPT the Anaheim Ducks.
Because Ellis had a horrible record right? Letting Emery play through long stretches of time was a big risk. Which is pretty much all I stated when acquiring him. You just loathed Ellis since day 1 and had great expectations of Emery before he even suited up. Didn't say he couldn't play well, was just risky and both goalies played great for this team.

Logic out the window? More words in peoples mouth. You don't understand what I mean you just want to put it into context to what you think and your way of seeing it, so I won't even bother anymore. It is the same team but again you are just twisting and turning it to your side of thinking. Brick wall status.

Go Jagr!