HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beauchemin???????

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Beauchemin???????

Hey guys i really dont know much about this guy, other than hes a defenseman. Somebody wana fill me in (preferably Montreal ) on his potential, who he resembles, etc.........

Thanks too all who reply!!!!

Old
05-02-2004, 09:52 PM
not quite yoda

He isn't that big (about 6 feet, 190 pounds) and isn't great at any one thing. However he can play, he is very solid in his own zone, sound defensive positioning. Although he puts up decent offensive numbers in the AHL, I doubtt that he could tally many goals a season in the NHL as his shot isn't booming. He has a good first outlet pass and makes sound decisions with the puck; doesn't panick. He doesn't make punishing hits put is effective at taking the body and takes care of his man.

He played a couple games in the NHL already and didn't seem out of place. I find that he could have been in the NHL this season but too many guys are ahead of him on the depth chart. Given the opportunity he may be a reliable no 5 or 6 Dman in the big leagues. Personaly, I would give him the 7 spot next season.

Old
05-02-2004, 09:55 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys i really dont know much about this guy, other than hes a defenseman. Somebody wana fill me in (preferably Montreal ) on his potential, who he resembles, etc.........

From what I recall of his Junior years in the Q, he was a offensive defenseman. He played with Acadie Bathurst Titans. I think he also played in the Memorial Cup tournament with that same team.

Since turning professional, he has had to improve his defensive game quite a lot and has succeeded. I have seen him play both at the Junior and professional level.

He strikes me as a very reliable D. His coaches must like him as he does show lots of poise on the ice. Very calm and patient with the puck. Has good peripheral vison and seems to always take good decisions.

His skating and lateral movement are good. Seems bigger than is 6 feet and 200 pounds.

Old
05-02-2004, 10:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

To me, Beauchemin is by now, our most underrated prospect..

He do everything very well, nothing great but everything well.. He sometime take strange decisions that happen once a while but its improving and it happen less and less... To me, Beauchemin looks like a Mat Schneider type of player!

Good skater, great mobility, will punish the opponents when he have the chance to, good puckmover, confident when he carry the puck, solid along the board, play the game with emotion and will take some calculate risk to support his fowards, read the game well enough in his own ends but it still need some improvement... He is a charactere guy and I think the organisation is high on him and they knew he was'nt known enough to be claimed last fall... But I doubt he still could clear the waiver next season especially if the dogs make it at the Calder cup final where he will get more showcase!

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-02-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old
05-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Traitor8

Montreal
DOB: Jun 4, 1980
Place of Birth: Sorel, Que., Canada
HT: 6-0 WT: 206
Shoots: L
NHL Seasons: 1
Drafted by Montreal in 1998 (3/75).

Preseason projected role Beauchemin has an outside chance at winning a roster spot with the Canadiens in 2003-04. He'll probably need to bide his time down on the farm, mainly because of the numbers game.
Assets Usually keeps the game simple from the back end. Uses the body efficiently.
Flaws Doesn't own top-end offensive skills. Is a little short by NHL standards.
Career potential No. 6 or 7 defenseman.

Honours and Awards
1999-00 CHL - Third All-Star Team (Canadian Major Junior)
1999-00 QMJHL - Second All-Star Team

Old
05-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Les Zarbites

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Good skater, great mobility, will punish the opponents when he have the chance to, good puckmover, confident when he carry the puck, solid along the board, play the game with emotion and will take some calculate risk to support his fowards, read the game well enough in his own ends but it still need some improvement... He is a charactere guy and I think the organisation is high on him and they knew he was'nt known enough to be claimed last fall... But I doubt he still could clear the waiver next season especially if the dogs make it at the Calder cup final where he will get more showcase!
Sounds good ! I heard he has also killed a bear with his bare hands

Might come in handy when we face the bruins again

Old
05-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Mooch

Thanks guys.

Old
05-03-2004, 03:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Beauchemin has had 2 solid years in Hamilton, and has been their #1. He also lead teh team in +/- last year and shots on goal this year. He is solid all round. He can play physical, drop the gloves. He skates well, has decent speed seems to always work hard. Puts up solid numbers offensively, was paired with Hainsey and Komo at different parts this season. He does have some mental errors in his own end, and in the past he would often take himself out of the play by going for a big hit, but from what I've seen he's really learned to pick his spots.

Don't know what the Habs will do with him, but I've always liked what I've seen from him. One game I was at I was right behind the bench and Beauchemin made a bad gaff in his own end against the barons, which was his fault. When he went back to the bench he kicked the boards and seemed really pissed at himself. I like to see that from a player it shows he cares about his performance. Hopefully he gets a shot, cause he hasn't yet and deserves it more then Hainsey, imo.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:08 PM
HCH

I think Beauchemin has a great chance to be our #7 defensman next year. He is a better skater than Quintal and is bigger than Bouillon. And as a 7th d-man he could get a fair amount of ice time.

I see Bouillon and Hainsey fighting it out for the 3rd spot on the left side behind Markov and Souray. Hainsey just doesn't seem to fit the mold for a 7th defenseman. If he can't beat out Bouillon, then I would say he is trade material.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:19 PM
tiredman

J'espère que Beauchemin et Hainsey auront une place avec l'équipe l'an prochain.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Mooch

Thanks guys.

I think that Beauchemin could become our 8th d next season, especially after today when Quintal mentioned that he does not want to be a 7th d next season. So most likely he wont be signed. Boulion and Hainsey will probably rotate at 6th and 7th D, where Beauchemin will be a call up when some one gets injured.

Closed Thread