HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the hell just happened? sigh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2010, 10:48 PM
  #351
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Interesting stat:

Price failed only once to give his team a point when the team score more than 2 goals.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:48 PM
  #352
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Boone
Remember that great scene in Good Will Hunting when the math prodigy, played by Matt Damon, breaks down as he talks to his therapist (Robin Williams) about trying to protect his siblings by taking beatings from a drunk, abusive father.

As the tears flow down Damon's cheeks, Williams hugs him tightly and repeats: "It's not your fault ... it's not your fault ... it's not your fault .."

Know what?

Carey Price needs Robin Williams.
/

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
  #353
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,308
vCash: 500
Poor Carey.... cant seem to catch a break....hope he gets the start tomorrow he certainly deserves it

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
  #354
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Thanks for not scoring in the shootout Price. What a bust.

I hope I don't need a smiley for that.
JM shoulda used Carey in the shootout.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
  #355
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Interesting stat:

Price failed only once to give his team a point when the team score more than 2 goals.
The truth is that the guy gives the team a chance to win on a good amount of nights. Too bad that for some inexplicable reason the team doesn't score too many goals when he is on.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
  #356
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Just finished watching the game on my PVR.

1. Price played well, the loss should not be put on him (no chance on both goals). Shoutout is a crapshoot, I usually don't blame goalies on shooutouts.

2. Martin was simply out-coached. It was funny to watch

3. The second Miller was pulled and the game was 2-0 I KNEW Buff would score. That is the makeup of this team. Deal with it.

4. The penalties were laughable. All deserved, but the undisciplined play from the beginning of the 3rd and onward was shocking (Pouillot got benched lol)

5. This team will get swept in the 1st round.

6. I'm disgusted.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
  #357
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Poor Carey.... cant seem to catch a break....hope he gets the start tomorrow he certainly deserves it
I hope he does ... and wins.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
  #358
Stefan
Registered User
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa - HabsTown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stefan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlxTC6c-jU

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
  #359
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Just finished watching the game on my PVR.

1. Price played well, the loss should not be put on him (no chance on both goals). Shoutout is a crapshoot, I usually don't blame goalies on shooutouts.

2. Martin was simply out-coached. It was funny to watch

3. The second Miller was pulled and the game was 2-0 I KNEW Buff would score. That is the makeup of this team. Deal with it.

4. The penalties were laughable. All deserved, but the undisciplined play from the beginning of the 3rd and onward was shocking (Pouillot got benched lol)

5. This team will get swept in the 1st round.

6. I'm disgusted.
You should really stop predicting losses for the habs, it's bringing us down man.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
  #360
headliner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
How about the refs cowering to Lindy Ruff's tirade in the second period?

Whistles were put away for the Sabres...and the Habs got the next 5 penalties.

That is no coincidence....and it had a big impact on the game. Pleks was blatantly hooked with no call...then O'Byrne was called for highsticking.

Gutless refs....simply gutless.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
  #361
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
uhhhh the quote is 100% dead on?

hes not bashing the team in the sense of "they blew it" hes saying the team as a whole shut it down with 5 mins to go, WE meant th whole team, THEY meant buffalo..

and also, even if it did mean the other way.. price didnt shut it down in the last 5 mins.. he tried his best, they just got the lucky bounce, lucky break, and got the goals..
Ok people can play with the word all they want but in the end he always complain when he lose or give a goal. Price was really good tonight and the 2 goals was not his fault at all ,he know it ,the team know it, he should just shut his mouth and move on.


another Price look at the D men

this guy is our futur ,I just think his attitude his is main weakness


Last edited by Quarantesix: 03-24-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
  #362
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ok people can play with the word all they want but in the end he always complain when he lose or give a goal. Price was really good tonight and the 2 goals was not his fault at all ,he know it the team know it just shut your mouth and move on.


another Price look at the D men
How do you know where his eyeballs are directed? And what does that prove? How are we supposed to know what goes in his head when that happens?

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
  #363
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ok people can play with the word all they want but in the end he always complain when he lose or give a goal. Price was really good tonight and the 2 goals was not his fault at all ,he know it the team know it just shut your mouth and move on.


another Price look at the D men

this guy is our futur ,I'm just wondering if his attitude can change
Really? Cause you can see past his helmet and see that his field of vision is directly staring a hammer? And that his eyes are showing signs of anger or discontent towards him? And not that he was just looking up into the rafters like other goalies do when they let in a goal?

Wow, do you have xray vision and a PhD in psychology?

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
  #364
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
How do you know where his eyeballs are directed? And what does that prove? How are we supposed to know what goes in his head when that happens?
because we know as fact already that Price stares down his d-men. :facepalm




pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
  #365
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
How about the refs cowering to Lindy Ruff's tirade in the second period?

Whistles were put away for the Sabres...and the Habs got the next 5 penalties.

That is no coincidence....and it had a big impact on the game. Pleks was blatantly hooked with no call...then O'Byrne was called for highsticking.

Gutless refs....simply gutless.

Dude, don't put this game on the refs. The Habs lost fair and square. They have no one to blame but themselves. The team's soft, period. The second a game gets physical they turtle... Lets look at how many games have been lost in the last 3 minutes this year. They're a soft team.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
  #366
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Really? Cause you can see past his helmet and see that his field of vision is directly staring a hammer? And that his eyes are showing signs of anger or discontent towards him? And not that he was just looking up into the rafters like other goalies do when they let in a goal?

Wow, do you have xray vision and a PhD in psychology?
ok tell me it will be the 1st time Price make a bad look to a Dmen after a goal

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
  #367
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ok people can play with the word all they want but in the end he always complain when he lose or give a goal. Price was really good tonight and the 2 goals was not his fault at all ,he know it ,the team know it, he should just shut his mouth and move on.


another Price look at the D men

this guy is our futur ,I just his attitude his is main weakness
Dude, you fail even more with this post.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
  #368
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ok people can play with the word all they want but in the end he always complain when he lose or give a goal. Price was really good tonight and the 2 goals was not his fault at all ,he know it ,the team know it, he should just shut his mouth and move on.


another Price look at the D men

this guy is our futur ,I just his attitude his is main weakness
Ask a colorful/emotional guy, like Gomez, the same question and he'd probably say the same thing.

BTW, Carey's eyes were closed on that pic.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:04 PM
  #369
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
ok tell me it will be the 1st time Price make a bad look to a Dmen after a goal
Probably not, and which goalie has never given a bad look to a Dmen after a goal?

Even Jaro has.

And if you can prove Price was giving Hammer a bad look in that pic, power to ya.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
  #370
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ok people can play with the word all they want but in the end he always complain when he lose or give a goal. Price was really good tonight and the 2 goals was not his fault at all ,he know it ,the team know it, he should just shut his mouth and move on.


another Price look at the D men

this guy is our futur ,I just think his attitude his is main weakness

ya no **** hes looking at Hamrlik cause he ****ed sucked on that play. i would have broken the stick on his head

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
  #371
headliner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Dude, don't put this game on the refs. The Habs lost fair and square. They have no one to blame but themselves. The team's soft, period. The second a game gets physical they turtle... Lets look at how many games have been lost in the last 3 minutes this year. They're a soft team.
Oh, I know that. Our mascot should be the Stay-Pufft Marshmallow Man. We've been one of the easiest teams to play against for a few years now. And that's not going to change any time soon.

But did Buffalo get any more penalties after Ruff's blowup? No. Did they get away with infractions? Yes.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
  #372
Habblues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Darn Right He Was Looking At His D !!! And Why Not ? They All Stood There With Their Thumbs Up Their @**** While The Sabres Scored The Winner.....he Has Every Right !

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:13 PM
  #373
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Probably not, and which goalie has never given a bad look to a Dmen after a goal?

Even Jaro has.

And if you can prove Price was giving Hammer a bad look in that pic, power to ya.
still I think Price attitude his is main weakness, he still just 22 and I hope he will be our futur goalie. It's my fault I forgot how people are sensitive when we talk about Habs goalies. I'm not into the Halak vs Price debate

and for the bad look on the pick I know it because I'm Roman Hamrlik

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
  #374
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Actually if you all saw the replay Hammer almost broke a Sabre's back cross checking them out of the way. Sabres overloaded the crease, Habs should have collapsed in a hurry to even out the sticks.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
  #375
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
This game just reinforced the trust I had in Price. He deserved so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
still I think Price attitude his is main weakness, he still just 22 and I hope he will be our futur goalie. It's my fault I forgot how people are sensitive when we talk about Habs goalies. I'm not into the Halak vs Price debate

and for the bad look on the pick I know it because I'm Roman Hamrlik
I'm Roman Hamrlik. And I blow.


Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 03-24-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.