HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What the hell just happened? sigh

Old
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Mister Potato

vCash: 500
JM has AK and Cammy on the ice with like 1:30 left man. incredible.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Rickkins

I did not see the game, but letting in last minute goals really seems to be Price's stock in trade. Another poster said it seems the team does not want to win in front of Price...I wonder if that is true. Whatever happens with Price, I'm pretty sure it will not be in Montreal I do wish him well.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Have you guys ever heard of this: HABS LACK OF KILLER INSTINCT.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
In all honestly..the people that ARE blaming Price, have absolutely no knowledge of the game of hockey. Stop watching.
I see that more as trolling or plain stupidity.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Halak wins

Price doesn't

End of the story.
You troll
you fail
end of story

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The only ones to blame for this loss are the players dude. YOU ARE A PATHETIC PERSON for blaming Martin. How about the players execute and finish all the chances they had to make this game out of reach? How about the players get it out of their zone for the last 4 minutes of the game?

This loss HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARTIN.
no bro

martin is at fault BIGTIME here, how a coach can make a mistake like putting cammalleri and andrei k on the ice with a minute to go KNOWING that the goalies about to be pulled and theyre about to be down a man

theres absolutely no excuse for that, its called BAD COACHING, it resulted in a goal, so yes, we can put some blame on martin, who the **** do you think you are tellin us who we can and cant blame, if you cant see the terrible coaching decisions made in the last 3 minutes then u need to open your freakin eyes kid

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Blame it on O'Byrne... There was no reason to get a penalty on that play... no danger.

Bah... let's forget it and wait for the next game tomorrow. Fortunately, we're not waiting too long before playing again.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tray4Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by habstinator View Post
Like the guy who posted above said, Jacques Martin will never get confused with Jack Adams

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CHCl3

Hoping we won't get to regret that lost point later. :/

Good game otherwise, but the Habs must figure out how to exit their zone when the other team pulls its goalie. Looked like the Sabres had a 3-man advantage out there...

Oh, by the way, AK46 being a straky player and having awoken again, I'm expecting him to score at least a goal tomorrow, maybe more.

And if Lapierre is re-inserted tomorrow, I'd expect Darche to be the one to sit. His enthusiasm can't be questioned but his (lack of) speed hurts him

CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
How clever of you.

When did you lose faith, exactly?
at 2-2 I threw the book I had in my hands on the floor, I shouted

" AH TO HELL WITH IT ", I stormed in the other room and stopped thinking about what the hell just happened "

At that point I was indifferent what would happen, win or loss.

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bib
#believe

I don't know why so many of you are complaining, we outplayed Buffalo for most of the game and clearly we deserved to win if it wasn't for Ryan Miller and an ill-timed penalty.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Miller is great but the Habs never had genuinly great scoring chances.
Huh? We had multiple odd man rushes in the first two periods not to mention the wide open net Gomez and Spacek missed. Third period I agree, we trapped like no tomorrow hoping to the gods we hold on.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by habstinator View Post
I will never understand that. I hope he didnt put A. Kostitsyn there so he could complete his hat-trick.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InglewoodJack

The only fit punishment:
(O'Byrne + Price's pads) + ((MAB+Cammy+AK slapshots from faceoff circle)X100) = teach you to support a brother.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post

Ryan Miller is the best goalie in the world, it isn't that easy to score more than two goals in a game against him.

And we probably would've got the puck out if we had a defensive line with guys like Moore on it instead of Cammalleri who hasn't played in 2 ****ing months and isn't known for his defensive game in the first place.
Do you remember who was playing for the last 3 minutes on the PK. Martin sent out his best line of the night, OH NOES HINDSIGHT MARTIN IS AN IDIOT.

You can microanalyze the last two minutes if you want, simple fact is the team has multiple chances to put this game away, and didn't, and that simply has NOTHING to do with coaching.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MarkovsKnee

I don't get why Martin had BOTH Cammy & AK out there when Buffalo pulled Miller for the 2nd time with 90 seconds left. Yes, there was an empty net so you have ONE of those guys out there. Not both. They are not exactly defensive aces. In fact, AK is a piss poor defensive player. Both he & Cammy were weak against the wall.

Sabres suck. They are Miller and that is all.

The big shot count comes from too many PKs especially that 6-on-4. I'm not surprised that with a smaller line-up we end up taking more penalties & give up more shots. Moen & Lappy can make a difference on the wall.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
This is always happens when someone says shutout. Somebody did it in the 2nd intermission and we lose. It always seems to curse not just a SO but the entire game altogether. Price has gone almost 2 years without a shutout and I swear he could have one and we'd give up a goal wit 0.1 seconds left to tie a game at 1. This team finds new ways to help the other team break Price's goose egg. This reg. season can't be over soon enough so we can at least see the Habs play meaningful, do-or-die hockey. Then we'll see if we've got heart.
They should put a script so that if anyone says "shutout" in the GDT it comes out "*******".

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I will never be a Jacques Martin fan. Never. After the guy we cannot name, Martin is going to handle the other talented youngsters the same way he did with him.

If you don't move your little legs fast and don't totally adhere to the system. You're done. After the "bring me 20 Tom Kostopoulos" of Guy Carbonneau last year, here goes the "bring me 20 Tom Pyatt" of Jacques Martin. Same old, same old. Mind you, I like Pyatt as a role filler. But when he becomes an important asset on your top 6, you are blinded by the fast legs and in deep deep trouble.

Might as well trade Pouliot right away back to Minny and go get Cal Clutterbuck or something....

As far as the game goes, well **** happens. We got 1 point.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheBuriedHab

I feel so bad for Carey, Holy ***** what does he have to do to get a win.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs_Apostle

Gotta feel for Price. Boy, he has had to deal with some crazy **** here in Montreal. Somehow I hope it makes him better in the long run.

Martin's decision to have Plek's line out there at the end of the 3rd was bizarre.

OK, it totally friggin sucks, but a point is a point. For the most part, the team played well. They just need to keep playing that way (minus the last 3 min) and they'll be fine.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thetrueblack

If he had Moore and Gomez and they do that, I can take that.

Not Camm and AK.

JM blows it big-time.

thetrueblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoodKiwi

This is one of those games where we can criticize Andrei for all he's been this season despite him scoring both of our goals tonight.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
I feel so bad for Price The team in front of him took way too many penalties....
This is the truth. Penalties in the late going cost us, not Price, you can't take needless penalties and expect to win.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
In all honestly..the people that ARE blaming Price, have absolutely no knowledge of the game of hockey. Stop watching.
I don't think anyone is blaming him for tonight.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
This had everything to do with Martin. But not like poster Pernel Karl said. It's the opposite, the Habs tried to protect the lead too much.

Martin's system doesn't work in 2010. It's that simple.
You are so wrong.

First of all, both goals were the results of powerplays. You can't trap on a penalty kill.

Secondly, Obie's penalty was the result of a defensive pinch and a careless stick. Defensive pinches are not part of a pure trapping system.

For the ENTIRETY OF THE GAME, we took away their space and time, and kept them shooting to the outside. Carey had to make maybe half a dozen tough saves. Explain to me exactly how Martin cost his team the game.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote