HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

we need to talk about Peter Mueller

Old
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
omgShakeNbake

vCash: 500
we need to talk about Peter Mueller

Being a ranger fan has lead me to become an all around hockey fan.

I have closely been watching a lot of other teams in the nhl this season, due to our lack luster year.

One team which is really surprisingly fun to watch is the Colorado Avalanche.

Their games picked up more after the addition of peter mueller.

While i thought this guy was garbage and did not want anything to do with him ((when talks of us acquiring him were high)) I was sadly mistaken...

This guy is amazing with his hands, play-making abilities and nasty rip while playing the point...

If Sathers has any brains and for some reason the Av's dont sign him back, we better get him...

He would be the perfect fit for our team who is without a decent play-maker and is still young enough to benefit the team for years to come.

omgShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Section311

We tried to get him. The avalanche gave up a very good player to get him

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rangers couldn't compete with what the Avs gave for him. It was a good fit for both teams.

Now come Free agency.... I hope the Rangers can do better. Although quite frankly, the Rangers seem to have digressed in multiple areas.

They need a playmaker, they need some better defense, they need secondary scoring. This team has issues beyond what Mueller can fix imo.

If they got him it's probably plan B and a risky one at that.... It might be great, good, or just more of the same

03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I would loved to have gotten him but as others said already. The Avs stepped up and payed for him. It has worked for both teams so oh well.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

That trade worked out so well for both teams -- two of my favorite franchises outside of the Rangers to boot.

Still, we just didn't have the resources to match Colorado's offer. Not to mention it's easy to say "we should have" at this point now that Mueller is off to a hot start in Colorado.

I still like Mueller as a 2nd line RW, but if he continues to play like this, he'll be with the Avs for a long time.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Wolski> our offer

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Wolski> our offer

dingdingding

An equivalent offer would be like Dubisnky or Callahan + a pick

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Yeah, I'm sure Colorado will want to get rid of him after just trading Wolski for him and him getting off to a great start with the Avs.

Lundqvist=Vezina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
WHY exactly to do we have to talk about Peter Mueller? He's had less than 10 games with the Avalanche.

He could be on an Aaron Voros-esque streak for all we know. And he's not on our team. I don't understand this board's obsession with someone we never had and quite frankly were never that close to getting IMO

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:33 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I have no confidence that Peter Mueller will turn around his career in Denver. Yes, he's had a nice run but he is a perimeter player who does not want to pay the price to constantly score goals. He will cool off. I've watched Wolski play every game in Phoenix and while he hasn't scored quite as much, he's a far, far better player than Mueller. I still stand by my assessment, Don Maloney stole Wolski. The only reason this trade was made is because Colorado did not want to sighn Wolski to a big RFA contract.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

the mueller ship has sailed.

hes a decent talent but hes not going to be a ranger.

and for the record, wolski is a horse compared to mueller and without a doubt, the yotes gotta the better end of that deal.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
FOXHOUND*

There are at least 10 other guys I would offersheet before this guy to be honest

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
XLJ

Maloney did a nice job in that trade. Mueller was having a terrible season and his value was at an alltime low and he still got Wolski for him. I'm sure a lot of gm's were trying to get Mueller for the cheap. According to Brooks, Sather offered him Sanguinetti but Maloney wanted Dubinsky or Callahan. Mueller isn't an option anymore I'm sure Colorado is going to resign him after giving up Wolski.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Ola

Mueller can rip the puck and he have soft hands. Nobody have ever denied that. While I don't know about playmaking skills, I've never seen em at least.

BUT, there is a reason for why he had 17 pts in 54 games for a pretty good PHX team. There is a reason for why he was a healthy scratch for them 10 times this season.

In Colorado have have found a perfect role for them on the PP, just like Kotalik did here in NY early this year. But don't fool yourself that Mueller is anything more then a Kotalik type of player. He isn't. He don't do any dirty work. He don't go into the corners. He can't play in traffic. Et c.

Id easily take Zherdev over him. Imagine what type of argument someone in Colorado could have made for getting Zherdev last season. He was winning games for us by himself et c for most of last season. It don't last though with players like that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
and for the record, wolski is a horse compared to mueller and without a doubt, the yotes gotta the better end of that deal.
You might wat to wait a little longer before crowning PHO the winners of this deal. Wolski may not wind up in PHO after the summer...and it's not like he's turned into an elite player yet.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
You might wat to wait a little longer before crowning PHO the winners of this deal. Wolski may not wind up in PHO after the summer...and it's not like he's turned into an elite player yet.
PUH LEASE. Mueller cant hold Wolski's jock strap.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

How many points do each have for their new teams so far?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Standardly

another 2 points tonight. Is it 12 points in 9 games for him? If so, wow.

Standardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Edge

As already said, the issue will be consistency.

He has all the tools to be a top six forward.

Colorado is going to be an interesting situation this offseason. If Mueller stays hot, he's going to look for a raise from his current salary, which Colorado will have to provide in order retain his rights.

Having said that, he could be one heck of a pricey question mark if they sign him.

On the other hand, how do you essentially let him walk for nothing?

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
The Mouth

This is what you all said about Peter Mueller being traded to the Rangers in November. The comments were interesting.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=Mueller

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 06:59 PM
omgShakeNbake

[QUOTE=The Mouth;24712182]This is what you all said about Peter Mueller being traded to the Rangers in November. The comments were interesting.

A lot of negative comments towards him because he failed in the coyotes system. I even had doubts but just take a look at these numbers

In 54 games with the Yotes he had 17 points total...

In 11 games with the Avs he has 15 points...

pretty interesting numbers to me

omgShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Mueller can rip the puck and he have soft hands. Nobody have ever denied that. While I don't know about playmaking skills, I've never seen em at least.

BUT, there is a reason for why he had 17 pts in 54 games for a pretty good PHX team. There is a reason for why he was a healthy scratch for them 10 times this season.

In Colorado have have found a perfect role for them on the PP, just like Kotalik did here in NY early this year. But don't fool yourself that Mueller is anything more then a Kotalik type of player. He isn't. He don't do any dirty work. He don't go into the corners. He can't play in traffic. Et c.

Id easily take Zherdev over him. Imagine what type of argument someone in Colorado could have made for getting Zherdev last season. He was winning games for us by himself et c for most of last season. It don't last though with players like that.
The first half of the post sounds a lot like Enver Lisin.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote