HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Leafs (03-28-10)

Old
03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

vCash: 500
Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Leafs (03-28-10)

Plus

1)Sid- Had it not been for some stellar goaltending by Giguere, Sid probably would've had about 4-5 goals today. Absolutely dominating performance.

2)Orpik- 3 assists!!! Isn't this guy supposed to be a DEFENSIVE d-man?

3)PK- The refs kept it busier than it should've been, but needless to say it was awesome as usual.

4)Cooke- Unlike the majority, I love this guy more now than I did before the Savard incident. That gesture after he scored was absolutely classic lol

5)Duppers- Didn't do much during regulation or OT, but that SO goal alone merits a mention in the plus section

6)Adams- When they talk about the "little things" that some players do to contribute to a team's success, they're most certainly talking about guys like Craig Adams.

7)Giguere- Gotta give credit where credit is due. He shut the door on us A LOT today.

Minus

1)Defense- Aside from Orpik I found every single one of our blueliners were embarrassing to watch today. Lost races to the puck, lost board battles, and horrible defending in front of MAF killed us on numerous occassions in this game.

2)PP- Same ol', same ol'...

3)Officiating- A lot of missed calls that should've otherwise been pretty obvious

4)Lack of discipline- As bad as the refs may have been, we just as heavily undisciplined at times. MAF's interference penalty almost cost us the game had Cooke not tied it up later on.

5)Guerin- He was playing today, right?

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Defensively as a whole the team stunk and it brought us down to the Leafs' level. Enough with the Guerin stuff, it's been really tiresome for a long time now.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Rectify
I need a job.

I agree with everything!

No, we cannot stop with the Guerin stuff he is a terrible excuse for a hockey player right now. He never hustles, never battles, cannot control the puck he is embarrassing.

Rectify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Bad day to wear number 3, both Goligoski and Phaneuf stunk up the joint.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
The Old Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Defensively as a whole the team stunk and it brought us down to the Leafs' level. Enough with the Guerin stuff, it's been really tiresome for a long time now.
What does that even mean? I don't think there's been a better team in the NHL the last few weeks than the Maple Leafs. They've been beating teams with everything to play for lately.

Today was a very, very solid win for the Penguins against a white hot team.

The Old Recipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
LeafswillWin

One of the most explosive games I have ever seen Crosby play.

LeafswillWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Recipe View Post
What does that even mean? I don't think there's been a better team in the NHL the last few weeks than the Maple Leafs. They've been beating teams with everything to play for lately.

Today was a very, very solid win for the Penguins against a white hot team.
That's true, they've improved since the deadline and were a hot team coming into today.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltymingus View Post
No, we cannot stop with the Guerin stuff he is a terrible excuse for a hockey player right now. He never hustles, never battles, cannot control the puck he is embarrassing.
Blah, blah, blah. That's all I hear. Never have I seen more crap taken by a 38 year old player with a minimal salary. He's not out there to break the game wide open, get over it.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Rectify
I need a job.

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah. That's all I hear. Never have I seen more crap taken by a 38 year old player with a minimal salary. He's not out there to break the game wide open, get over it.
Obviously he is not going to break it open but seeing as how he is an NHL player means he should at least hustle and want to win. I'll get over it once he is retired.

Rectify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

Do you reunite KunitzCrosbyGuerin or do you go with PoniCrosbyDupuis in the playoffs? Furthermore, who sits for the first game in the playoffs besides Godard? The bottom 6ers are all turning it up (gotta love competition -- that should continue in the postseason) and one of them will have to be odd-man out for the first game against the number 7 seed ().

At this point I have

Ponikarovsky-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Guerin
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Fedotenko

Sorry, Max.

Snooki Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:31 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Taste View Post
Do you reunite KunitzCrosbyGuerin or do you go with PoniCrosbyDupuis in the playoffs? Furthermore, who sits for the first game in the playoffs besides Godard? The bottom 6ers are all turning it up (gotta love competition -- that should continue in the postseason) and one of them will have to be odd-man out for the first game against the number 7 seed ().

At this point I have

Kunitz-Malkin-Guerin
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Fedotenko

Sorry, Max.
Interesting, I'm not sure what I'd do. Not my most enlightening post ever but I really have no idea lol.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

3 assists aside, Orpik wasn't any great shakes out there either in his own end. Not Goligoski bad, but he was running around as much as anyone else.

Quote:

At this point I have

Kunitz-Malkin-Guerin
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Fedotenko

Sorry, Max.
I wouldn't take Poni from Geno. Kunitz is well-suited to a north-south game with Sid and I think it's better for the team to have Kunitz/Crosby and Poni/Malkin as the default duos.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:40 PM
The Old Master

Quote:

At this point I have

Kunitz-Malkin-Max
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Fedotenko

Sorry, Guerin.
fixed

The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:41 PM
sEmowashere
[|=(86)=|]

Didnt Letang have 9 shots on goal?

sEmowashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Interesting, I'm not sure what I'd do. Not my most enlightening post ever but I really have no idea lol.
Well said.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:44 PM
nTsplnk*

I don't see why everyone's eating the defensemen alive. Orpik, Eaton, and McKee played great games in my opinion.

The only bad part about this game was really the first 7 minutes of the 2nd period, and that can't just be attributed to dmen. the defensemen did their jobs-none of the forwards could get a puck down ice.
I really liked McKee today-he was very physical.

Eaton gets high sticked and still gets up to clear the puck.

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:44 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
If we can continuously point out the rest of the obvious (horrid PP for example), then I don't see why we can't do the same by calling out individual players on this team that merit it. Nobody seems to have a problem when it's Fedotenko's name always being thrown into the "minus" column, or in the previous 2 seasons when it was always Dupuis being used as the whipping boy.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:45 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEmowashere View Post
I was pointing out bad defensive play, which is typically the primary responsibility of a DEFENSEMAN.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:46 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Why wasn't anybody talking that way when it was Recchi who was in that situation?

Old
03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
3 assists aside, Orpik wasn't any great shakes out there either in his own end. Not Goligoski bad, but he was running around as much as anyone else.

I wouldn't take Poni from Geno. Kunitz is well-suited to a north-south game with Sid and I think it's better for the team to have Kunitz/Crosby and Poni/Malkin as the default duos.
Yeah, but I wouldn't take Poni from Crosby. Whenever Dan can actually managed to get them out at the same time they look great.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:51 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
His unwillingness to fore check and constant turn overs are some thing a player of any salary should not be doing.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Bad day to wear number 3, both Goligoski and Phaneuf stunk up the joint.
Agreed. Phaneuf looked horrible, and Goligoski was equally as bad. McKee stunk it up too, but in a much smaller role.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Mordax
It don't Maatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEmowashere View Post
if Letang managed to hit the net nine times, i'm pretty happy

niiiiine times

Mordax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaticBirdMan66 View Post
Why wasn't anybody talking that way when it was Recchi who was in that situation?
You were new to the boards, so I can only assume you weren't visiting much back then. Recchi was the very definition of the term 'vilified' around here before he was waived. Guerin isn't taking half the crap Recchi was, though they were equally as inept.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
You were new to the boards, so I can only assume you weren't visiting much back then. Recchi was the very definition of the term 'vilified' around here before he was waived. Guerin isn't taking half the crap Recchi was, though they were equally as inept.
From what I do remember, people were ripping into Recchi at almost every single opportunity back them before we finally shipped him off to ATL. In spite of Rex's frustrating play back then, I still found he was a better overall player than Guerin has been this season. Hell, even at 42 years of age and on a pitiful Bruins team I still think Recchi has looked better in general this season than Billy G has.