HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Bell

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 04:15 PM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

vCash: 500
Mark Bell

Could he be had for Roman Hamrlik or Jani Niinima?

Old
05-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Hawkalyzer

value's there for the trade to happen, but it wouldnt make sense for where were at right now

Old
05-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Wally112pac

I don't see the Hawks doing that with the direction they're going in.

Old
06-01-2004, 01:19 PM
salty justice

Not a chance of that happening. The Hawks are trying to stay away from any high priced players. We wouldnt give up our steadily developing top line power forward for two older dmen.

Old
06-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Teemu

Dont count on it. We already have some good defensemen growing and while we do need a bonafied #1 defenseman in the future, at this point we don't. I would rather give time to the youngsters and keep bell.

Old
06-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Darth Milbury

In all honesty, I consider Bell to be one of the most tradeable players in the league. That is, he'd be one of the easiest players to move if the Hawks put him on the market. Every team in the league would love a young physical guy who has decent offensive upside and doesn't make too much $.

As an Islander fan, I'd be dancing in the streets if we could pull this deal off.

Old
06-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
In all honesty, I consider Bell to be one of the most tradeable players in the league. That is, he'd be one of the easiest players to move if the Hawks put him on the market. Every team in the league would love a young physical guy who has decent offensive upside and doesn't make too much $.

As an Islander fan, I'd be dancing in the streets if we could pull this deal off.
Mark Bell is not going anywhere. Unless we sign an impact veteran for the role, I expect Bell to be the next captain of the Hawks. He is a keeper!

Old
06-01-2004, 10:52 PM
rupispupis

Just to make a clarification for all the non-hawk fans that post here.

The following players have been deemed "not for sale" by the Blackhawks organization: Tuomo Ruutu, Mark Bell, Kyle Calder, Jim Vandermeer.

Old
06-03-2004, 08:57 AM
JFPIV

As much as we need defense, Beller is not going anywhere. He is becoming a real leader on this team, and a potential fixture on one of the top two lines.

IMHO, I don't see the current organ-I-zation trading any of the kids this summer, any veteran help we acquire this offseason will come through the free agent market.

Old
06-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Das4776

Chicago is in need of "power" forward type players, Bell is a legitimate power player, I cannot see him getting traded. He is possibly captain material

Unless you are getting a steal of a deal or there is a future contract dispute (which could happen in Chicago) I don't see him move anytime soon

Old
06-04-2004, 10:19 AM
PECAhead

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but what about if the Isles offered:

Mark Parrish, Roman Hamrlik and Justin Papineau

for

Bell and McCarthy

Would this do it? Or is it a matter that Bell is untradeble under any circumstances short of a complete blow away like a Joe Thorton etc.

Parrish is only three year older than Bell, Papineau is about the same age. Hamrlik is 30, but was willing to sign an extension and is still got 5 or so good years. None of these players are "overpaid." They are expensive, but I would say they are making fair market. Granted the Hawks work in a different market.

I think the Isles are offering the two better players "right now," in Parrish and Hamrlik. Papineau is a wild card. He has very good skills, but he can't seem to match up well with any NY Isles centers. In time Bell I think will round out to score a bit less than Parrish but be the better all-round player.

Or we can make a trade that would really help both organizations Milbury for your Owner. Milbury ends up mysteriously in the lake and Wirtz in the east river.

Old
06-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Hawkalyzer

nope, not what were looking for

Old
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
PECAhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkalyzer
nope, not what were looking for
Can't blame you, nor can you blame me for trying. I think the Hawks are heading in the right direction. Hopefully for your sake Wirtz won't cheapen out. But I really like the Hawks mix of grit and skill in their young forwards.

Old
06-05-2004, 08:59 AM
GaryU

I like the Milbury for Wirtz thing. Though you're likely shorting yourself. Could you take Pully too? $Bill gets SO lonely when Pully's not around.
Actually I'm not all that against your real proposal either.

Closed Thread