HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Next couple of years

Old
03-26-2010, 01:48 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Boyd will also sign for significantly less than the $1.25M Predsrule has him signing for. I would look for around $750k. Grinders like Boyd and Smithson should not be making seven figures.

Also, you can bank on at least one of Grebeshkov and Hamhuis being back next fall.
Poile paid Jones 900k+, he'll get a bit excited about Boyd's "potential" and pay him around a million, even 1.25 maybe. And I don't know if that's bad. We can try to get some goals out of Legwand on a scoring line and let Boyd play with whoever as a two-way. Boyd is a grinder+, I don't think Poile grabbed him without plans. I don't see one of our prospects filling his role.

Yes, Grebs or Hammer will be back, but not both.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I understand what you mean....but I'm not really joking about the reaction of JP's wife. They asked for the NTC for a reason....
Perhaps nobody has noticed that JP is one of the few that lives in Nashville year round.

BTW, good luck Sat. Back in Black will be the song of the day

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:57 PM
OpenWheel

For all the ripping on Dumont (which I don't really understand) he's played without much comment in a variety of line types. And his "declining" play has him +8 on the year and fifth in points. Four points abehind Sully and one goal ahead in 8 less games. And he's only turning 32.

Dumont is not a guy I want to see leave. I've enjoyed watching him play as a Pred, and he helps us win. Despite getting in the Trotz doghouse at times.

For all the guys we rip on, and yet we brag about being deep and having a good chance in the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Perhaps nobody has noticed that JP is one of the few that lives in Nashville year round.

BTW, good luck Sat. Back in Black will be the song of the day
Haha, thanks. Maybe we'll get some refs that know what an elbowing penalty looks like.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

It cost about a million just to qualify Jones last summer ... the CBA defines the raises that are mandatory parts of a qualifying offer. It's just like all of the complaining about the deals that Erat and Legwand signed as pending UFAs .... think back to 06-07 ... Leggy with 27 goals then 21 points in his first 26 games in 07-08 when he signed.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Checker61

Would be nice to see Boyd get resigned . He's a good skater and has made some nice passes .More than your normal fourth liner . What's O'Reilly's status .

Checker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker61 View Post
Would be nice to see Boyd get resigned . He's a good skater and has made some nice passes .More than your normal fourth liner . What's O'Reilly's status .
Cal is on a one-way next season, Boyd is a RFA who should be pretty affordable. Grebs is going to be $3mil plus, probably the same for Hammer.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Poile paid Jones 900k+, he'll get a bit excited about Boyd's "potential" and pay him around a million, even 1.25 maybe.
Poile didn't really have much of a choice, because Jones had a high base pay as a 24-year-old signing with the Wild out of college. Jones got a $49,700 raise on his ELC with his second contract. This will be Boyd's third contract, and he still hasn't shown the tools or had the production to pull seven figures, so the likelihood that he will now is pretty slim.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 09:28 PM
OpenWheel

Hopefully. I had figured much less then a million and plenty of people would want Boyd. He looks high quality to me. A third liner maybe. What's his minimum qualifying offer number?

But yeah, anything near a mil or over has to be too high. I looked at the numbers. I thought Goc was making more a couple hundred K then he actually is.

But Boyd has helped out, he was a good pickup.

Old
03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Poile didn't really have much of a choice, because Jones had a high base pay as a 24-year-old signing with the Wild out of college. Jones got a $49,700 raise on his ELC with his second contract. This will be Boyd's third contract, and he still hasn't shown the tools or had the production to pull seven figures, so the likelihood that he will now is pretty slim.
He's also a 23 year old versatile forward who was never given the chance in Calgary. I think you're selling him a little short at this point.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Checker61

I was just checking . Looks like O'Reilly and Boyd are the same age . Boyd had a better junior career than O'Reilly and appeared to be more offensive earlier on and was successful in the World Juniors . Seems O'Reilly is getting a more offensive role now . Boyd has 203 games in a 4th line role with 60 pts and O'Reilly has 16 points in 40 games . Will definitely be fun watching these two and Wilson develope.

Checker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 05:28 AM
WalkmanX

Just to let everyone know, i Don't hate Dumont he has some nice offensive skills and is a decent player

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

One option I haven't heard anyone mention is to buy Arnott out. It would cost $3M to buy-out his $4.5M contract and his NMC cannot stop it. Saves us $1.5M in the long-run with a bit of sacrificed cap space, but cap space doesn't really matter to us as long as we don't pass the midpoint. Though, I doubt we are in any position, financially, to buy someone out. It's not the best option, but it is an option.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote