HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game in 15,540 seconds

Old
03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
I almost forgot about Bowman despite being excited all day about the game simply because of him. He was absolutely invisible tonight. Not completely unexpected for a guy's 2nd ever game, but it may be better to bring Samson up.
I was watching specifically for him and was not impressed at all. He was exceptionally weak on the puck and had no desire to go anywhere near the corners. His effort and intensity level was not even close to NHL caliber. I dont mind a young feeling out a little during his early stints in the NHL but you'd better bring the effort. I havent seen him play in the A but I get the feeling he is a peek-a-boo player currently. Can anyone who's seen him play in Albany regularly give an opinion?

EDIT: thanks for the post Denzil

faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 0

That my friends was great! The Canes/Caps series this season has been something special. I was most impressed with the kids. Zach didn't look out of place on the top line. I'm not going to say if that meant he looked good or bad... Jamie was great again and I think him and Joni have been working together very well.

I agree that at this point with what I've seen, so far, I would be more comfortable with Manny as the backup next season than Justin. I can't help but think Manny would just be thrilled with the chance and come back rather cheap... or not?

Regardless, I'm so looking forward to next season. I hate summer with its lack of Hurricanes hockey...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:08 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

I just finished off most of a bottle of wine.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Wolfpuck
Scream Like Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
And I'm just finishing off a bottle of Kahlua.

Once again, the Canes prove my theory that they only show up against good teams.

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikani87 View Post

Once again, the Canes prove my theory that they only show up against good teams.
They often play to the level of the team they're playing against. Been a problem for a few years now, really.

Mr Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Wolfpuck
Scream Like Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Caniac View Post
They often play to the level of the team they're playing against. Been a problem for a few years now, really.
Very true. Sadly, that trend has been most noticeable this season. Sure, they can beat Washington, Pittsburgh, and Chicago, but that doesn't matter when they lose to Florida, Boston, and Edmonton.

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
semin4captain

Quote:
Very true. Sadly, that trend has been most noticeable this season. Sure, they can beat Washington, Pittsburgh, and Chicago, but that doesn't matter when they lose to Florida, Boston, and Edmonton.
Were you really expecting us to win against Boston? You must have forgotten that they have Miroslav Satan...

Oh, and yet another depressing win. We'll look back on that save by Legace on Poti with disgust at the draft. Two points down the drain.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

The Canes would be in much better position for the draft if they were playing mainly the bottom dwellers right now instead of the playoff contenders.

Mr Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Awesome win.

And good night for us since the Isles and Jackets both won. Still in the drivers seat for a top 5 pick.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:

Theory? There's some truth to that.

Against the top 4 teams in the East they're 9-5-3. Against the bottom 4 they're a slightly worse 10-6-3. It's the middle 5 teams they suck against: 7-11-2.

They also suck a lot against the West.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
We'll look back on that save by Legace on Poti with disgust at the draft. Two points down the drain.
For the first time ever, as they wound their way down the shooters in the shootout, I was actually becoming more and more annoyed with this team, to the point that as I left the arena I was actually upset at them for what they've done (and are doing) to us this season. When they sucked oh-so-bad in November, there was solace in the knowledge that they would be able to pick up a roster-changing player in the draft. Now they're denying us that hope too, after destroying preseason hopes about how good they could be this year.

It's irrational, I know, but it's a feeling I can't deny.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I'd love to see Legace back as the backup next year. Peters hasn't shown much at all in the last few games (I'd go so far as to say he's cost them a few wins recently) and Legace has shown that he's capable of playing like a #1 if Ward goes down again.
I'm with ya on this. I think he and Cam could do some damage as a tandem. Wouldn't mind having him back for another year.

I had to LMAO at Ovechkin trying so hard to score for getting booed.

And as much as Pitkanen drives me nuts, I'm glad I don't have to watch Mike Green 82 times a year. That dude would drive me even nuttier.

McBain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Babchuk, nuff said

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
For the first time ever, as they wound their way down the shooters in the shootout, I was actually becoming more and more annoyed with this team, to the point that as I left the arena I was actually upset at them for what they've done (and are doing) to us this season. When they sucked oh-so-bad in November, there was solace in the knowledge that they would be able to pick up a roster-changing player in the draft. Now they're denying us that hope too, after destroying preseason hopes about how good they could be this year.

It's irrational, I know, but it's a feeling I can't deny.
might as well get used to that feeling, because we'll suck at the beginning of next year too. it's a recurring theme.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

I'd love to get Legace back. Not because he's a great backup, though he'd be fine in that position. I want him back because his interviews are the greatest. It's been that way throughout his career.

My gripe of the night is with Staal. How many grade A chances did he get tonight? Seemed like dozens, and all he has to show for it is a nice tan on his face from looking at the rafters all night. To make matters worse, his linemates are passing up their scoring opportunities in an effort to give him the puck so he can score.

If he's injured, he needs to get off the ice. If he's not, he needs a swift kick in the bottom.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

vCash: 813
I really think Staal is injured, his skating really seems to be labored, especially at then end of shifts. At this point there's nothing to gain by playing him. We're not making the playoffs (unless there's some kind of divine intervention), he doesn't have that consecutive games played streak going

Tank King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 01:41 AM
bleedgreen

sweet jeebus, how many half empty nets do the best teams in the league need to look at before they bury one? they were in our zone the whole last 10 minutes and ot, and couldnt finish for ****. good thing the majority of teams were jockeying with won as well. who needs this now? play for pride in nov clowns. hope atl mops the floor with us.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
This explains ur love affair with Cole

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Paul Maurice should be fired immediately for putting Staal on the ice 4th for the shootout... Mo is ****ing moron

Old
03-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
I'm glad they've got the camera in so close I have no idea what is happening.
Worst cameras of all ****ing time... Anybody associated with the camera should be fired... Them and Mo as my above post states... And Chuck for bragging about drinking a bottle of wine... I mean what a girl... I'm on like beer 10 like a real man

Old
03-26-2010, 06:45 AM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Worst cameras of all ****ing time... Anybody associated with the camera should be fired... Them and Mo as my above post states... And Chuck for bragging about drinking a bottle of wine... I mean what a girl... I'm on like beer 10 like a real man
I think something's not right with Staal.

...and I like beer too, bring it on!!

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Joe McGrath

[QUOTE=Blueline Bomber;24734533]I'd love to get Legace back. Not because he's a great backup, though he'd be fine in that position. I want him back because his interviews are the greatest. It's been that way throughout his career.

My gripe of the night is with Staal. How many grade A chances did he get tonight? Seemed like dozens, and all he has to show for it is a nice tan on his face from looking at the rafters all night. To make matters worse, his linemates are passing up their scoring opportunities in an effort to give him the puck so he can score.

If he's injured, he needs to get off the ice. If he's not, he needs a swift kick in the bottom.[/QUOTE]

In my experience getting dozen of grade A scoring chances implies you are playing pretty well and not needing "a swift kick in the bottom". He's didn't finish, and neither did any of the other forwards. I'm all for getting upset with Staal when he puts forth little effort, but the effort was there tonight.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 07:47 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
what a loss... I am with bleed on this one... play with the pride in November...
Staal is the only one who played like he wanted the best draft pick.

Although, Capitals had all kinds of bad luck with scoring.

Maniscalco is an idiot if anyone heard his post game show last night...

Apparently Boychuk is a superstar and you don't really need your 1st round pick at all, because if you are Carolina Hurricanes, you should be happy you have such great scouts who can find superstar young players even in 2nd , no 3rd round.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:10 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
For the first time ever, as they wound their way down the shooters in the shootout, I was actually becoming more and more annoyed with this team, to the point that as I left the arena I was actually upset at them for what they've done (and are doing) to us this season.
If you are emotionally disturbed by an upset win over the probable President's Trophy winner, who is also the top team in your division and one of your fiercest rivals, in the shootout, on your home ice, in late March... maybe it's time to see a therapist?

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:53 AM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
maybe it's time to see a therapist?
Group therapy, apparently.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 08:55 AM