HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Canadiens

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Hollywood163

vCash: 500
First JL benches Fraser...Now Salvador??

Last edited by Hollywood163: 03-28-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old
03-28-2010, 04:02 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I'm sorry, but I HATE Zharkov wearing #18. 28 wore on me. Ughh, really annoying.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
He's a defenseman. For our defense being invisible is a great trait. Being invisible=Not letting up goals.
Not when said defenseman is getting less icetime and eventually benched.

Quote:
I wonder if he just feels a little less pressure to take it all on his shoulders. Atl has had some good years while he was there, but at the end of the day everyone was looking to Kovalchuk to score. Here we have legitimate snipers like Parise and Elias, and excellent 2nd tier scorers like Langenbrunner and Zajac, it seems like Kovalchuk is looking to create and then dish the puck to someone else for the shot.
If you look at some of the players Kovalchuk's been propping up in recent years like Rich Peverley, Bryan Little, etc you know he's a good passer, it's just his team needed him to score more often.

Quote:
does a bear **** in the woods?
99 times out of 100 I'd agree with this vis-a-vis Marty starting in Philly tonight and I figured he'd be sitting Tuesday - that said it's a back-to-back, Philly's been extremely bad lately (but you always fear them running the goalie with some of their clowns), the team's always been more inclined to rest Marty on the road rather than at home and post-Olympics Lemaire seems to have remembered he actually has a backup goaltender and should use him judiciously to have Marty fresh for the playoffs.

It does feel like Marty will get one of these next two off at least, especially when Cangi slipped after the Ranger game and said Marty's first chance to get his 600th win would be Friday, well unless he's really bad at math his first chance would have been Tuesday unless he's sitting one of the games or he loses before then.

Old
03-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I'm sorry, but I HATE Zharkov wearing #18. 28 wore on me. Ughh, really annoying.
It is a little odd to see. I keep thinking it's Bergfors, but it's not. I'm sure we'll be used to it eventually, especially if he sticks with the team for a while.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

According to some fans on the Habs board last night was a "made in New Jersey" borefest. We even managed to make Kovalchuk boring!

Funny, I watched a game in which the Devils offense was pressuring the Habs the entire game while a creampuff Montreal team took it up the keester, yet again.

If last night was "boring" to Habs fans it's because their team sucked, I wish one of them would admit that instead of falling back on something completely false.

Cry some more. Thank you for being the automatic win that you have been for over a decade.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

This was a boring game? That's news to me, I thought the game was very exciting. The Habs had great chances to score that they didn't capitalise on, and scoring chances are what make the game exciting, not goals per se. I bet they thought the first 5 minutes (when they had good pressure) were very exciting, and then the rest was boring.

And we didn't sit back and trap at all. When I thought we would, late in the third with the lead, we didn't. We forechecked hard all night, and created turnovers. Habs fans are only saying this because the idiot HNIC announcer said so repeatedly.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It is a little odd to see. I keep thinking it's Bergfors, but it's not. I'm sure we'll be used to it eventually, especially if he sticks with the team for a while.
Unless he's traded you should get used to it. The guy is really good and will be part of the team for a long time. Though maybe next year he could take 12 or 20...

Old
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
This was a boring game?
The Habs lost.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Did anybody else think Langenbrunner had a great game last night? He scored a sweet PP goal, was a beast on the PK (he cleared the puck several times seemingly through sheer force of will), and was physical and forechecking hard the whole game.

I especially liked his roughing penalty in the first, he was standing up for himself, and took their best defenceman, Markov, off the ice for the rest of our PP. That and the Clarkson hugfest with Gill gave the team a jump that they were missing in the first few minutes.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:33 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
The Habs lost.
Any game that the opposing team does not win against the Devils is automatically labeled boring. The Habs could have lost 17-16 and it would have been about the Devils trapping their way to a victory, sucking the energy out of the game, taking the crowd out of it, refusing to play offense in the third period while holding on to a one goal lead, blah blah blah...

Old
03-28-2010, 10:33 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Langenbrunner played a great game, he is quietly having another great season.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Team Boring

Quote:
Did anybody else think Langenbrunner had a great game last night? He scored a sweet PP goal, was a beast on the PK (he cleared the puck several times seemingly through sheer force of will), and was physical and forechecking hard the whole game.

I especially liked his roughing penalty in the first, he was standing up for himself, and took their best defenceman, Markov, off the ice for the rest of our PP. That and the Clarkson hugfest with Gill gave the team a jump that they were missing in the first few minutes.
I think Jamie has been playing great lately, he has been getting feisty more lately, which is great.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Boring View Post
I think Jamie has been playing great lately, he has been getting feisty more lately, which is great.
Definitely. Grumpy Jamie is good Jamie, we all know this.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:48 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Definitely. Grumpy Jamie is good Jamie, we all know this.

Old
03-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Addicted

vCash: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
that looks more like Pelley to me...

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Old
03-28-2010, 11:41 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

After seing IK LIVE for the first time, I can say that I'm officially in love with the guy and he has to be Lou's top priority this off season. He's on a different level and if he can learn to play on both sides of the puck, he'll be even better.

I kind of compare his situation to Rick Nash's. Nash had crazy offensive skills but KH thought him to play defense as well and I have to say that he's one of the more rounded players in the NHL and that kind of player aren't a dime a dozen and if you have a winning organisation, like ours, you do whatever it takes to keep him.

My buddy who was at the game with me yesterday (Habs fan) kept on busting my ear on the ride to the Bell Center that IK wasn't gonna resign with us cause of our "system". After watching him play, he completely changed his tune and was praissing him for his gift on the EN. He was saying that he's now a true "team player" and that's from the NJD mentality.

P.S. He also noticed that Rolston was wussing out of checks along the boards and that he was often the 1st man in but held up to let the opposing d-men get to the puck first but that's no news to anyone.

P.S.S. Had a chance to meet RJ The Great. How did he know I was posting on HF is beyond me but whatever, nice to meet a fellow NJD fan I also met a couple of season ticket holders from NJ who made the trip to Mtl. Both of them were Very nice and classy. The guy had a old school NJD bomber jacket with 234989887 pins on hit and his wife was rocking a Team Canada Marty Brodeur Jersey.

One can only wish for a Devils Vs Habs first round matchup !!!!

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 03-28-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I think so too. I read through the Habs board's GDT, and they're all hoping and praying they don't see us in the first round. That's a good sign.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

The Highlights from this game on NHL.com showcase the retardation of the CBC announcers very well.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
This was a boring game? That's news to me, I thought the game was very exciting.

What I have learned over the years is that there are two kinds of “Boring”...

The First type is when much of the play is in the neutral zone, not many scoring chances occur, not much hitting and the game overall is a chess match.

The second type of "Boring" is when your team sucks, can't penetrate the opposition’s defense and spends the entire game stuck in their own zone facing scoring chance after scoring chance......This type of "Boring" is only boring for one set of fans however.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:41 PM
BurgerTime

Anybody there get to hear the "CHICO" chant as the place was clearing out? That made me laugh. Cool.

Old
03-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post

The Highlights from this game on NHL.com showcase the retardation of the CBC announcers very well.
"and the Devils using that lull-you-to-sleep defense"

Old
03-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
"and the Devils using that lull-you-to-sleep defense"
Of course, when the Habs were inexplicably sitting back and trapping in the third (were they trying to protect their one goal deficit?), the commentators said nothing about that.

Old
03-28-2010, 01:21 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Of course, when the Habs were inexplicably sitting back and trapping in the third (were they trying to protect their one goal deficit?), the commentators said nothing about that.
What I say to my retarded Habs friends is that if we play this boring system it's because of Montreal Canadian hockey and no other reason. Lou bassed his teams on the 1970's Montreal Canadians and has hired coaches who all coached in Montreal (Burns, Lemaire, Robinson, Julien and Laperriere and Tremblay as assistant coaches).

Coaches who are in the NHL aren't gonna change their "gameplan" from team to team so if those guys all coached in Montreal, the Canadians were playing "the trap" as well but they didn't have the proper weapons to be successfull like us, so they ***** and complain about us being boring but in reality, they're the one that invented this "boring system".

Oh, the irony

Old
03-28-2010, 02:58 PM
BackSpasm Kovy
Reaching for the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

P.S.S. Had a chance to meet RJ The Great. How did he know I was posting on HF is beyond me but whatever, nice to meet a fellow NJD fan I also met a couple of season ticket holders from NJ who made the trip to Mtl. Both of them were Very nice and classy. The guy had a old school NJD bomber jacket with 234989887 pins on hit and his wife was rocking a Team Canada Marty Brodeur Jersey.

Lol You said that you were seating in 107 and that you were going to wear a White Parise Jersey so I saw you from my seat ( I was seating in 113) so it was easy to find you.

Old
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
RNCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
What I have learned over the years is that there are two kinds of “Boring”...

The First type is when much of the play is in the neutral zone, not many scoring chances occur, not much hitting and the game overall is a chess match.

The second type of "Boring" is when your team sucks, can't penetrate the opposition’s defense and spends the entire game stuck in their own zone facing scoring chance after scoring chance......This type of "Boring" is only boring for one set of fans however.
Brilliant - I wish you could sticky this comment at the head of the NJD forum.

Closed Thread