HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ot-skipping Class(grad)

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Ot-skipping Class(grad)

Hi guys,

I was at school(High School) and all the seniors skipped class to go protest outside about us not getting a graduation(the time where they give you the diploma) because the school and or gouvernement doesn't want to spend the money.
CJAD later came and talked with a few people and the Principal.

Listen to CJAD later tonight if your interested. lol

At one point, people were going "OLE,OLE,OLE OLE! "

LOL

Old
05-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Natural Habs Fan

My grad class in highschool got screwed too... it always seemed we were the ones to miss out on things because of either lack of funding, lack of support or because of what the people before us did.

Highschool was pretty ****** for me in terms of going places & events. The only good thing was that we had ball hockey.

Old
05-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Rahan

We went on strike at least once every year here. For things ridiculous such as people thinking the direction thought about forcing us into wearing a uniform when they didn't... and the other 4 I don't remember

Old
05-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

No offense guys, but you might want to count your lucky stars that you are even in the enviable position of being able to complete your education *and* have the freedom to protest anything at all. Here's a thought: if you want a graduation, go ahead and organise one for yourselves, out of your own pocket.

Honestly, I'm not just trying to be a spiteful old curmudgeon here. Even if I thought the education system was running an airtight financial ship (which I'm sure it isn't), I wouldn't really want to spend my taxpaying money on your celebrations. That should be your own bill to foot. And hopefully at least one or two people on the staff at your school care enough to contribute some of their time to the activity too.

I just finished working with some kids for whom a graduation ceremony was not only not expected, but almost unheard of, and the last thing they could have imagined being able to do was protest it. Nevertheless, they worked their butts off, and raised for themselves about the equivalent of $100 each to throw themselves a great graduation ceremony and party. If you want it, it's there for you. Congratulations, and welcome to the real world.

Old
05-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Traitor8

I don't even want a graduation, I was just there to skip class.

And it's their job to fund this part. We already paying for the prom and all that crap. they should pay for something after we have been in their school for 5 yrs.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Oh. My. *Gosh*. What would Bob Gainey say?

Old
05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

And it's their job to fund this part. We already paying for the prom and all that crap. they should pay for something after we have been in their school for 5 yrs.
I don't really remember my high school ceremony...I think that the ceremony is mostly for "mom and dad". You should go to your ball cause that's really what you'll be remebering the rest of your life. The rented tux, your date, the limo, the dance, the beer & wine (so what if your 16-17!!)

It sucks that you guys don't have a graduation ceremony though...

congradulations on completing your HS education

Old
05-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Traitor8

i DIDN'T complete it yet lol..Ihave to still pass my exams.

Cjad just played it...

THey said that the princiapl said that the prom might also be cancelled because they are mad at us!

Closed Thread