HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Harry watched the game; Habs lose

Old
03-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Craig71

vCash: 500
I have always admired the Devils purely as a fan of hockey. I am a Habs fan for life but I like the New Jersey Devils and their attention to detail and complete defensive domination of any team not just the Habs tonight. Man they give you no I repeat no time and space to make good decisions, everyone even Kovalchuk! plays the style of the other players. Our guys had trouble getting out of our end let alone getting into New Jersey's. We also have lost our powerplay swagger which is too bad this late in the season. Oh well lets hope we face someone else in the first round, I would rather Washington or Pittsburgh over the Devils.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Nidema

Hey guys. Missed the game. Can someone tell me how we played? How was jaro?

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:16 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaad64 View Post
We are able to win these games against New Jersey !

Our team is now full !!

We need intelligent coaching !

Come on !

We are not that bad !
If Wesley Willis were still alive, you could totally write lyrics for him.

Roll over London. Rock on Chicago. Wheaties, breakfast of champions.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:17 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

/(%$*%*?($ Chris Lee did it to us.

We spent the first 4 minutes of the game in NJ's zone, then Lee screwed us big time with that "penalty"

Hamrlik played the puck, et Kovy didn't fall.

Not only that killed our momentum, but NJ scored on the ensuing PP.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Hey guys. Missed the game. Can someone tell me how we played? How was jaro?
Halak was average. Not terrible, not spectacular, but average.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
eightyseven

Does anybody notice that Jaro never does any interviews after a loss? He only does them after he wins. It's almost as if he wants to make sure ppl only remember his good games....lol sneaky.

Even Carey Price has taken the time to do interviews after losses (Buffalo, San Jose, Nashville, NJ, Tampa, etc)

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Does anybody notice that Jaro never does any interviews after a loss? He only does them after he wins. It's almost as if he wants to make sure ppl only remember his good games....lol sneaky.

Even Carey Price has taken the time to do interviews after losses (Buffalo, San Jose, Nashville, NJ, Tampa, etc)
its part of his "i got a good attitude LOLZ" campaign

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
linp

We failed on the PP big time. We don't have a system to play the PP. We didn't practice enough. We rush the passes. One player doesn't know what the other player will do. Even Markov looked bad during the PP.

Other factors for this loss:

- Cammalleri is still not 100%

- Pouliot failed in our 1st line.

- Metropolit is out and we played only 3 lines.

- NJ's forwards are faster than our Dmen. They managed to keep cycling in our zone for long period of time.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

That's easy when you lose 2/3 of your games, man.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Souvenirs

Venturing in fail territory just in time for the playoffs, if we make them. Nice.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:57 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
We failed on the PP big time. We don't have a system to play the PP. We didn't practice enough. We rush the passes. One player doesn't know what the other player will do. Even Markov looked bad during the PP.

Other factors for this loss:

- Cammalleri is still not 100%

- Pouliot failed in our 1st line.

- Metropolit is out and we played only 3 lines.
My main problem is the lack of offensive support from our defense. That has to be addressed next year starting with PK. The devils made it hard for our forwards to get their game on but they cant do it all on their own. I liked it when JM put Bergeron on defense but its not enough. Want to break the trap? You need defensmen who can skate and pass the puck and just dont have enough of them on this team.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 09:59 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
its part of his "i got a good attitude LOLZ" campaign
I honestly think Jaro's "good attitude" isn't as great as ppl make it out to be. Just like Price's "bad attitude" is exaggerated. If Halak wants to be a #1 goalie here in Montreal, and now that he's getting the opportunity (thanks to agent's initial whining and Price's inconsistency), Jaro needs to be able to handle the media, especially after losses. Why is Jaro allowed to hide!? And I hate the excuse that "he's tired". Both Jaro and Price have only played roughly 40 games, that's NOT a lot at all. They should both be able to handle more than that workload, if they don't have the stamina at their ages, then that's a problem....although I wonder what kind of physical shape Jaro is in because I know Price is in great shape.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Nitehowl

My thoughts

PP really hurting the team...
no sustained pressure in offensive zone
tooo many hail Mary passes hoping for a homerun
all 3 lines have have attacking as a unit, they always seem to be dumping the puck in and going for a line change(NJ seems much better moving up as a group of 3 and in position)
With 7 minutes left I said to myself why doesn't JM put Mabs out as a Dman and lo and behold there he was.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:

That is factually, demonstrably untrue, my god you people want to run Jaro out of town. And then we're all going to regret it when he wins a cup with another team.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Bruins fan here. Tired of the non-hate going on between our fans. The games have been lifeless and the rivalry isn't there so...

Here come the BRUINS! 2 games in hand and we are coming for that 6th spot boys! Better get used to NJ...they are going to take 2nd and you can fight them out down in 7th! MWHAHAHAHA!

...ah, forget it. It was worth a try.

Boston will be fighting to make the playoffs and you guys have looked great down the stretch. Enjoy 6th because Philly and Boston aren't gonna catch you. I continue to be surprised by the Canadiens this year and think Buffalo is the destined opponent for you.

Cheers!

P.S. Can you just beat the Leafs two weeks from now? Thanks.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:

Stop trying to bash one of our best players for NOTHING.

By the way, I don't even have to look past our recent loss to the Leafs to prove you wrong.

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...e/R09_0004.MP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
That is factually, demonstrably untrue, my god you people want to run Jaro out of town. And then we're all going to regret it when he wins a cup with another team.
I don't know if Halak is ever going to win a Cup, but regardless this kind of thing is disgusting. All the guy has ever done for this team is work hard and win a lot more games than he loses. And for that, half of the fan base wants to wants to make all kinds of **** up to make it seem like the other guy is better.

I know -- Carey Price gets even more abuse on here, but two wrongs don't make a right. We should be trying to convince those twisted fans to like Price more, not Halak less. Honestly, some of the "fans" on here are terrible.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 03-28-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:17 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
Uhh. The same could be said about Carey Price. If Price's traded, I guarantee he'll be a superstar elsewhere. And if he's gone, who will the next scapegoat be?

Old
03-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
P.S. Can you just beat the Leafs two weeks from now? Thanks.
You want hate? Here you go. No way in hell are we going to beat the Leafs in 2 weeks. First, we won't need it 'cause the spot will be secure. Then, there is no freakin way in hell are you guys going to have the first 3 picks. Do you hear me???? No way in hell and if it means losing against the Leafs, well we'll do it.....

I've never pulled more for the Leafs than what I'm doing right now. And it has NOTHING to with loving them....it's more the HATE I have for a certain team....

Happy?

Seriously.....I'm freakin pissed off about this upcoming draft. For that only moment, I want to be a Bruins fan. Then once it's done, I'll become a Habs fan again and will find every single weakness about the 25 kids you picked up in the first 2 rounds.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
You pathetic disgrace of a poster. Stop trying to bash one of our best players for NOTHING.
First off, why are you personally attacking me? Isn't that against the rules here? Disgrace, eh? Is everyone else a disgrace too then? This board is for opinions. Not everyone will agree.

Secondly, many posters here bash Price. Halak shouldn't be immune to any criticism, especially if he's a true #1 goalie and "way better" than Price as ppl make him out to be. If we keep lowering the standards on Halak, you're selling himself short and basically implying anything good he does is a surprise because he's not capable of greatness. In other words, I believe the expectations should be HIGH for both of them if they ever want to be a #1 here in Montreal.

Thus, if Jaro wants to be #1 here (for more than 40 games), he'll have to deal with the media and criticism. Price already deals with this crap. So why can't he?

Old
03-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
First off, why are you personally attacking me? Isn't that against the rules here? Disgrace, eh? Is everyone else a disgrace too then? This board is for opinions. Not everyone will agree.

Secondly, many posters here bash Price. Halak shouldn't be immune to any criticism, especially if he's a true #1 goalie and "way better" than Price as ppl make him out to be. If we keep lowering the standards on Halak, you're selling himself short and basically implying anything good he does is a surprise because he's not capable of greatness. In other words, I believe the expectations should be HIGH for both of them if they ever want to be a #1 here in Montreal.

Thus, if Jaro wants to be #1 here (for more than 40 games), he'll have to deal with the media and criticism. Price already deals with this crap. So why can't he?
Agree or not, stupid or not, Halak was a 9th rounder, Price was a top 5 pick, and the chosen one by this organization, a vet was sent packing for a 2nd round pick in a year where we could have done some serious damages. The kid was sent Halak packing in order to have his spot in the Calder Cup and actually ended up winning. Won the Worlds in the process as well.

So Price equals expectations.
Halak equals sympathy.

Is it too hard to understand?

Again, not saying it should, not saying how intelligent it is, chances are they are both where they are now, should be treated equally, the world should be a better place, we should eat a lot of fruits and vegetables every day.....BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. What should happen doesn't always happen. Halak will always be viewed differently, like it or not.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Stating that Halak refuses to give interviews after a loss is not an opinion, but a complete lie.

Quote:
Yes, there are quite a few people on this forum who constantly bash Price and it's terrible. I don't see how I'm lowering my standards on Halak by pointing out a blatant lie about his character. My expectations for him are high because I believe he is a very good goaltender. I really don't know where you're coming from on this.

Quote:
Price already deals with this crap. So why can't he?
You correctly identified a lot of the things being said about as crap and you agree that it should stop. So your response is to throw crap at Halak who has been great for us?

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:32 PM
FF de Mars

Andrei Kostsitsyn scored the first goal and made the second goal and the Habs hung on to the game until the last seconds against what seems like a possible playoff matchup. And Brodeur played a great game. That's enough for me. I'm not depressed by the loss. I'm more encouraged than anything. I just wish it was the playoffs already.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I wouldn't say Cammy was a stud.. replace him with Gionta
Not makin excuses - but - Cammy is just back from an injury (game #2 I believe) - he just might need 10 or so games to get completely back into game condition!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
eightyseven

This team is just mediocre. Many consecutive losses to NJ, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Buffalo, etc.

The only top team in our conference we've had moderate success against is Washington. Even then, they are scary as hell and almost impossible to beat on home ice, especially in the playoff's. I don't like our chances of getting past the 1st round regardless of our opponent.

Old
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Neither goalie is going to be much... In Montréal, anyways.

Especially with small forwards and an idiotic coach.

We need a goal, so what does he do ? He moves our hottest scorer (at least GPG) down and puts Pyatt in his spot. God, he's an idiot.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote