HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Checking Unit

Old
03-28-2010, 11:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
I have to go with the family and say... I disagree.

We don't have a "checking line" and that's the best news I've heard all year after the IK trade. We have great offensive players that are very good without the puck and that's been our forte (spelling ) for quite some time now but instead of having guys like Pandolfo or Madden... we have Zajac, Elias, Zubrus, Langenbrunner, Parise and Rolston. All of those guys can score AND play some solid d unlike Maddog and Pandolfo who are both terrific defensively (Both players have regressed with age...) but don't bring anything else to the table.

We are slowly leaving the "line matching" strategy and we're playing our best players way more than before and the reason why is because our best players offensively are also are best players defensively.

My buddy loved our PK yesterday and told me that having tree duo's going all out for about 20 seconds was a brilliant idea and he also noticed that the players on our PK were all top 6 players other than Niedermayer or McAmmond if I remember correctly. We had Parise-Zajac, Rolston-Langenbrunner and Elias all working the PK and that's exactly what we need is to have our key players playing in key situations an not have a guy that saw 9 minutes of ice time defending a lead with 3 minutes left in the game !!!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
i wish we had two Zajacs
I wish we had 4 Zajacs, 2 Parises, 6 Martins, a bottom 6 full of Clarksons, and a younger Marty clone, but we can't have everything, can we?

I agree though, Zajac is definitely one of our best two way forwards. He even describes himself as a primarily defensive forward who also chips in offensively. I'd say he does more than chip in, but his contribution is invaluable to the team.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 11:50 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I wish we had 4 Zajacs, 2 Parises, 6 Martins, a bottom 6 full of Clarksons, and a younger Marty clone, but we can't have everything, can we?

I agree though, Zajac is definitely one of our best two way forwards. He even describes himself as a primarily defensive forward who also chips in offensively. I'd say he does more than chip in, but his contribution is invaluable to the team.
he's very modest in that case

he's easily our best center at either end of the ice

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote