HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

how come no hype for peter holland?

Old
03-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
how come no hype for peter holland?

all i hear about is how great kadri is(leafs prospect understandable)

i watch peter holland alot this year, kid had a bad start due to injuries and no chem with linemates

but last 23 games
18 goals 25 assists for 43 points and carrying guelph from out of a playoff spot to in one along with mike latta and taylor beck

i seen him back lacrosse style passes to teammates for goals, he is 6'3 and 200 pounds and is fantastic skater he routinely makes defensive plays and leads to counter attacks.

he has an awesome wrister to go along with really nice playmaking ability

i remember before the draft his effort was questioned, he is not lazy at all he is just very smart out there and doesn't waste movement, maybe he could be more physical.

one of the gems of the 09' draft who gets no credit at all, putting up 75 points on a defensive team and stepping up in the playoff race

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:33 AM
loxcane

I suspect you hear about Kadri because there's quite a few Leaf fans, he was a top 10 pick, and he's talented. I don't think it was a conspiracy against Holland. He's a fine looking prospect, just not looking at this point in time like he's on the same level, but that may change since neither is in the NHL and neither may never be, or both may turn out to be stars.

loxcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoalov View Post
I suspect you hear about Kadri because there's quite a few Leaf fans, he was a top 10 pick, and he's talented. I don't think it was a conspiracy against Holland. He's a fine looking prospect, just not looking at this point in time like he's on the same level, but that may change since neither is in the NHL and neither may never be, or both may turn out to be stars.
talent wise kadri is not much better imo

don't get me wrong, kadri=very talented but holland plays more unselfish and has a pro frame. this is a kid who should be 6'4 210-215 in a few years. the last 6 or so weeks not many have outplayed holland JMO

Old
03-08-2010, 08:14 AM
james30

It is the Kane vs Toews question? Who would you keep if you could only keep one?

james30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Bulis hit

Holland has had a very bad season until the last few weeks. That's why there's no hype. He had been extremely deceiving. Wheter he turned it on lately or not cannot make him an hyped prospect so fast. If he does the same again next season, fine, but by now, he has done nothing to deserve hype.

And Taylor Beck has become a more interesting prospect IMO.

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:28 AM
JL17

Holland has had a season of when I want to play I'm good and I don't feel like putting forth an effort.

He has the tools to be a very good player but uses them when he wants to instead of using them all the time.

He should have been a dominate force all year not the last quarter or third on the season. I wasn't impressed this year compared to last year.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
DuklaNation

Holland has played at a high level for about 30 games now (which is over half his games played), not a third or quarter. This kid has the size, speed, shot to be an impact player.

Ignore the avalanche of threads about the smallish or slow players. The odds are already stacked against them.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

No hype because.....

A. he's not a canadian team's prospect
B. he didn't play in the WJC tournament
C. it's HF

I think Holland has a lot of potential to be a great top 6 forward in the NHL.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
No hype because.....

A. he's not a canadian team's prospect
B. he didn't play in the WJC tournament
C. it's HF

I think Holland has a lot of potential to be a great top 6 forward in the NHL.
And there has been no ad nausem comparison with either Kadri, Schroeder, or LeBlanc. Just throw that up there and it will be off to the races.

03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis hit View Post
Holland has had a very bad season until the last few weeks. That's why there's no hype. He had been extremely deceiving. Wheter he turned it on lately or not cannot make him an hyped prospect so fast. If he does the same again next season, fine, but by now, he has done nothing to deserve hype.

It hasn't been the last few weeks, it's been the last couple of months and I think a lot of that has to do with coming back from his injury (shoulder I believe?).

Hopefully more good things to come from Peter. A Getzlaf-Holland pairing down the middle in 3 years would be devastating if Holland plays to potential.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis hit View Post

bullcrap he was playing through a seperated shoulder for several games as soon as he got healthy he was able to start shooting more, coincidence? hmmmm no i don't think so

Old
03-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Holland has had a season of when I want to play I'm good and I don't feel like putting forth an effort.

He has the tools to be a very good player but uses them when he wants to instead of using them all the time.

He should have been a dominate force all year not the last quarter or third on the season. I wasn't impressed this year compared to last year.
come on man

he played injured for alot of the early games he couldn't do anything

hes developing just like he should sorry hes not a midget who stat pads, when u talk translating to the pro game he projects very well

Old
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingFanatic View Post
come on man

he played injured for alot of the early games he couldn't do anything

hes developing just like he should sorry hes not a midget who stat pads, when u talk translating to the pro game he projects very well
What's the point in making a thread about Holland, and then denying everything other people say?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:25 PM
loxcane

Kind of interesting you chose Kadri as the point of comparison. Why? Do you really think he's a better prospect? I suspect if you do that was the point of the thread anyway. Why not just do that instead of hoping others would take up the cause for you?

loxcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
What's the point in making a thread about Holland, and then denying everything other people say?
Because it's important to point out facts and if his slump to start the year coincides with being hurt, then it needs to be out there because when i saw ppl on jrahockey bashing him, those idiots had no idea he was injured

Old
03-08-2010, 07:00 PM
VelvetJones

Do you really like wrestling?

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
puckfan13

Did you just come on this site to talk about Holland? What is with the personal agenda?

That aside, I think Holland is decent prospect when you watch him. He has the skill and size to play in the NHL for sure and he can skate fine when he wants to, really translatable skillset, his game looks a little off at times when I watched him. Attitude and drive are huge for prospects and their development. See a little bit of Peter Mueller in him, I think he will get it sooner or later though.

Still has next season to to dominate juniors and hopefully get a crack at WJC if he has a hot start, he hasn't really been favored all that much by Hockey Canada in the past though FWIW.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Harry Kakalovich

I was definitely impressed with Holland when I saw him play. He has good size and speed, definitely good attributes for the pro game. I was also impressed with Beck, although I must say Holland's skating is better. Nice thing about Beck is he gives 100% and plays physical. This is the big knock on Holland, but the skills are definitely there.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
bruinsfan46

This kid's gonna be a player. He's big, he's strong and he's got skill. I was very impressed by some of the plays he made against the Knights.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 04:30 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
When I saw him on Sportsnet he was very impressive. He looks like he can be a pro sooner than later.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Lol @ Randall Graves creating another HFBoards account and failing.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Randall Graves is probably the best HF name I've seen in a while.

"I work in a ****** video store! I wanna go to a good video store so I can get a good movie!"

I'd post the video rental sequence but I'd get banned

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I thought you were gone. But for why no one talks about Holland.

No Ducks prospect talk here.
No WJC for him.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoalov View Post
1) That's debatable.

2) All joking aside though, you can pretty much bet on the Leafs will have Kadri in the lineup opening night next season, barring injury of course, heck he has already played in the NHL this season.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Holland does still have questions about his ability to bring his best every night, he is a pretty risky 1rd pick, as far as Ducks picks go I like Palmieri more than Holland.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote