HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings v. Dallas Stars: THOUGHTS, TIDBITS, AND COMPLAINTS!

Old
03-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I've been blaming the players for so much for so long now, but at some point I wanna know what TM has tried to do to motivate this team. Is he trying to motivate them?
We have seen the team play motivated before. How much does Terry have to hold their hand? He implements his system. It's up to the players to make it happen.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
We have seen the team play motivated before. How much does Terry have to hold their hand? He implements his system. It's up to the players to make it happen.
Team is too young. Especially how they have been in the past couple years, I think it is a natural thing to give up this late in the season b/c they are normally out of the playoff picture.. lol

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Chazz Reinhold

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=5044

Good to know the captain and the coach are on the same page...real comforting...

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

Good to know the captain and the coach are on the same page...real comforting...
I hate to break it to you, but Terry Murray was a 100 % right on that one. Having been at the game, it was pretty clear.

Old
03-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but Terry Murray was a 100 % right on that one. Having been at the game, it was pretty clear.
Huh? I made absolutely no comment on who is right or wrong. All I pointed out is that it's obvious the two are not on the same page.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

The whole team is driving me insane at this point. Brown isn't do much of anything right, which isn't really a surprise. He needs to get back to playing his game. Either that or get traded to Dallas.

How do you make 16 minor penalty calls, and 8 of them are interference penalties? Come on! After tonight I can see why Auger was voted by players worse ref in the NHL.

No Matt Greene and we've allowed 6 PPG since then, and 10 goals in 3 games.

The Kings forecheck drives me absolutely insane. I feel like every time they forecheck they back off. They always have one guy in a defensive position on the wrong side of the ice. Dallas' defense was about to make one pass and boom they were on the break. I get annoyed, as it seems like they have no urgency in the offensive zone. That's one reason why they can't score a goal.

The 2nd unit on the PP was playing a lot better than the first unit today. Not by much, but who knows.

Defense was bad. Scuderi had a hell of a ****ing 2nd period. Poor guy.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:29 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

3/27/10 Post Game Interviews - KINGS

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Brown, Scuderi and Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/27/10.

Click HERE to watch!

3/27/10 Post Game Interviews - STARS

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Richards, Morrow and Coach Crawford of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/27/10.

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:45 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
The Kings are "doing fine," don't worry.

I can't wait to hear the ******** of excuses for this one...keep 'em coming. It's entertaining.
Don't assume that a positive outlook is being content with lousy play. No one appreciated anything about what they saw tonight, and clearly the Kings have some soul-searching to do.

As bad as it has been, it can turn around just as quickly.

If this is going to happen, I'd rather it happen now, sort it all out and get their **** together so they can hopefully gel again in time for the postseason.

One thing's for certain - this team misses Matt Greene. Badly.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:52 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Frolov just irritates me now. I used to be his big defender, but sometimes he just doesn't bring it. Jesus Christ.

Brown has to ****ing hit the net. We should accept that he is a grinder that chips in goals rather than a legitimate offensive player.

Jack Johnson is just not that good. His potential maybe, but his play right now, is not that of a top-4 defenseman. I can't blame Lombardi for expecting Jack to make that leap, we all were. He has done nothing to stand out from Jones recently (hell, Jones even tried to throw a hit tonight)

Only 2 players stood out in a good way - Smyth and Kopitar

OD needs to see the bench. My god.

Doughty was just madly turning over the puck tonight. Jesus.

Quick failed to make any big saves.

Everyone ****ing failed.
Well, except for you I mean TM, right?

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Tonight, the Kings lost 4-1 to a team that will not make the playoffs, a team they have defeated 5 times this season. Much can be said and written.
Click on link http://www.lakingsnews.com for more.

Those who lose hope this quickly never had it.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:02 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:

Either TM forgot to use this "" or Rich forgot to put it at the end of TM's comments...
"Everything's fine when you are leading.."

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
That is a huge damage TM's staff did to the team.

Hopefully someone is able to fix it in a short time.

Best example is the Pens.
New coach 8 games before the playoff and won the cup.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:03 AM
SLang

You guys have said it all about the Kings woes. Not much to add.

I want to talk about the officiating. I spent the whole drive back from Staples to HB thinking about this. I'm not going to blame this loss on the officiating, because the Kings did have their chances and blew it.

But....

The officiating in the NHL is one of the leauge's biggest weaknesses and really needs to be addressed. Too many games have the feeling of a farce for the fans. Missed calls, incorrect calls, phantom calls, BS make-up calls.....it's just too much, and it seems to be happening way more than usual lately.

A good ref has a feel for the game. He knows that many things occur which could be called, yet he knows which should be called. He calls the game with a purpose: to maintain control of the game and to keep the flow of the game going. The refs tonight called every tickey-tack infraction against the Kings early on in the game, then clearly went for the make-up calls to even things up. They also blew the whistle too many times when guys lied down on the puck, instead of yelling at them to get up off their ***** and move the puck.

It completely destroyed the flow of the game, and frankly made it boring for the fans in attendance.

I had to laugh at one play - in the second period, I think. There were so many calls I can't even remember who it was on the Stars that got called, nor who it was on the Kings that the penalty was committed against. But right in front of us, behind the Stars net, a King was taken down in what I thought was a clear interference. I looked instantly at the ref, and I tell you, he wasn't going to call *****. I could see it on his face. The fans in the whole corner of the lower part of the arena stood up waving arms and yelling, and magically his arm goes up and he makes the call. He was so obviously influenced by the crowd's reaction, it was hilarious.

The NHL needs a clean sweep of the officiating, starting at the top. The current situation feels illegitimate.

This was by far one of THE worst-reffed games I have ever seen. For BOTH teams.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:09 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Johnson has been so bad. Simmonds looks like he did in his first game ever last season.

The players that helped turn this team into something better than last year are MIA since the break. This team is on a fast track to a 4-game sweep regardless of who they play.

BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:26 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
You can definitely tell that Bernier already has better fundamentals than Quick. Bernier probably 95 times out of 100 will make the first save, and probably control the rebound.. .
That's a laughable comment. First of all how on earth can any fan make that scouting assesment? Second, nobody has ever, and never will control 95 out of 100 shots without rebound. Nobody will control more than 60% without rebound.

I have to know what your old username is. So much of what you have said in this thread is so silly.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
I am sorry but by just watching one game vs. The at the time mediocre Dallas Stars you could tell that? Hell we need you as a King scout if you could see that.. Or maybe I am to dumb to notice?? AHL and NHL are both VERY different..
If you cannot tell that Johnathan Quick has rebound control issues then you obviously cannot decipher what a goaltender does after a shot is taken towards him. Perhaps you have heard of Quick being referred to as Athletic as one of his traits.... You know why? He makes acrobatic saves. Ever think why he makes acrobatic saves more than most other goaltenders. He plays poor positionally and despite having lightning quick reflexes and also playing behind a poor defence he often has to make desperation saves off of rebounds due to poor control on his part.
Bernier is so much more controlled than Quick. I stated this last year after Barbs was traded yet all hands hopped on the Quick Bandwagon.....
Teams biggest problems that existed at the beginning of the year haven't changed.
2nd line centre. Offensive minded defenceman that is responsible in own zone.
These issues were not addressed and this falls on management and coaching staff. perhaps poor communication between the two groups.
Does anyone know the relationship between the two grps? Murray and Lombardi?

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:30 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

What's the return date on Greene?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:35 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Whiz-kids that can get the puck up ice and that can actually skate I will take over players that cant play. Just because they are "veterans" doesn't mean they get a pass. And it doesn't mean they are solid either.
You mean like Jack Johnson who you think needs to go? Which is funny because you say that after tonights game of all things as if he had a bad game. The Dmen are not being used properly. Stoll and Jones are manning the point on the PP and they can't hold the puck in, make a pass or play D when the puck is going the other way.

Jack Johnson is our most dangerous PP player but he gets maybe 30 seconds a PP. That isn't enough time to allow him to jump in the play or for anything to even get set up. Stoll on the point is so predictable and it's like clockwork the way people play the PK when he has the puck.

Old
03-28-2010, 03:37 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Click on link http://www.lakingsnews.com for more.

Those who lose hope this quickly never had it.
NIce article. My conspiracy side says they're losing cause they want to see the Sharks in the playoffs. who knows....just deflated over this one. Horrible loss...

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 03:40 AM
no name

Also, Williams and Modin have killed this team. Modin makes so many stupid decisions. His turnover to takeaway rate is off the chart. Also, he makes at least one Ivanans style penalty each game.

Williams has made no effort to play D since his return and is often seen leaving the zone without posession. His balance just isn't there and it's apparent in his puck possesion. He's killing any type of offensive pressure that the Kopitar line puts forth. I want to say he's not even trying but I know he's a character guy that probably doesn't have his wheels back yet. Meanwhile, he shouldn't be on the top line.

Old
03-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Shellz

Quick was hardly the problem tonight. It was the whole team in front of him. It's just off. I keep telling myself that they will turn it around. I just want it to happen soon.

I thought they played well the first period. They had several chances in the first that they should of banged in on. But, when you leave with a 1-0 you should be pretty satisfied. But, you have a 5 on 3 to kill at the beginning and that just hurts.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:20 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
You mean like Jack Johnson who you think needs to go? Which is funny because you say that after tonights game of all things as if he had a bad game. The Dmen are not being used properly. Stoll and Jones are manning the point on the PP and they can't hold the puck in, make a pass or play D when the puck is going the other way.

Jack Johnson is our most dangerous PP player but he gets maybe 30 seconds a PP. That isn't enough time to allow him to jump in the play or for anything to even get set up. Stoll on the point is so predictable and it's like clockwork the way people play the PK when he has the puck.
I'm sorry, but are we supposed to take you seriously with gems like this?

This may be the biggest piece of Jack Johnson homering I have ever seen. Wow.

Doughty. Kopitar. Smyth. Even ****ing Handzus.

And Modin has been consistently pretty good.

Old
03-28-2010, 04:23 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... Well, it sucked to see a poor result like that, but I wasn’t going to let the Kings ruin my Saturday night. It’s nice to see the panic train in full throttle; not unlike what I expected after another loss to a non-playoff team.

I COULD say a couple of things right off the bat -- the Kings hadn’t lost to Dallas all season long, and they were bound to lose to them sooner or later. The Kings had successfully killed off 44 of their last 48 penalties, and they were bound to have a bad PK night sooner or later. Those are just examples of regressing to the mean, and the law of averages. But that’s lazy analysis; I kept thinking there HAD to be something more specific that was ailing the team during this three-game losing streak.

And I think I found out what it was. Check out these numbers from the past three games:

3/24 @ Col ... Kings took 31 shots that were blocked or missed the net, the Nordiques took only 21
3/25 @ StL ... Kings took 32 shots that were blocked or missed the net, the Blues took only 13
3/27 @ Dal ... Kings took 30 shots that were blocked or missed the net, the North Stars took only 17

In the last three games, the Kings have directed 184 shots at the opponents’ net, and 93 shots -- over 50% of them -- haven’t required the goalie to make a save. Not coincidentally, the Kings have a grand total of 5 goals in the last three games.

It’s not about effort here; it’s retarded to think that the Kings would come this far and get to the brink of their first playoff berth since the French Revolution, and choose this time to quit. It’s also useless to compare this team to the 05-06 Kings; 8 of the top 9 scorers from that team are no longer around. It’s a completely different group, and a different makeup. To the casual observer, any team that is struggling to score is going to look lethargic ... but in this case, looks are deceiving. The Kings are working hard, they’re busting their a**es out there and out-chancing their opposition -- but their efficiency isn’t there. Their shot execution has deserted them. Is this a sign of fatigue? That, I don’t know. But it was plain to see that the problems in getting their shots through to the goalie are in their heads. I saw several times players passing up a shot in order to try and set up a better one. They’re pressing. The shot execution problem is keeping their scoring down, and that is in turn magnifying their errors on the defensive end, causing the players to press even more.

Far be it for me to say that a coach with as much experience as Terry Murray would be in panic mode right now, but the game-to-game shuttling of the lines looks like panic has set in to me. Also, I can’t believe that we’re coming up on game 75 and Murray STILL thinks he can get away with sending Quick out there to start every game and not feel the effects. Mentally, Quick has to be fried. He doesn’t have Martin Brodeur’s ability, nor does he have the defense in front of him that Brodeur is accustomed to. It’s just suicide to handle his number one in this manner, and a more hockey-conscious media would have already called him out on it at this point. I’m not calling for Murray to be fired, mind you -- I think Terry is an average coach, a journeyman; he’s exactly what he was hired to be: not great, not bad, a fair-to-middling coach who is able to teach the young kids. I’m beginning to see why he hasn’t won a Cup in the 78 years he’s been an NHL coach. He hasn’t won a playoff game as a head coach since 1997, which was the year of his terrible goaltender-handling debacle in the SC Finals. I have my doubts that this man is going to be the one to lead the Kings to the land of the elite. To respectability, yes; to elite, no.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:29 AM
TWS

Are people seriously saying Frolov is one of the players that did not play well tonight?

TWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWS View Post
Are people seriously saying Frolov is one of the players that did not play well tonight?
Aren't you just tired of him? We have given him 3-4 years to play well, and he has only shown that he can when he has had absolutely no pressure on him. He hasn't played well for any significant stretch this year.

He had something like 9 points in 4 games after the olympics, but that's it. No production, no results. We can't wait anymore. Regardless if we get someone more talented or whatever we need to get someone that brings it every night. Someone better than Frolov to fill his spot.

I would be happy to re-sign Frolov if he would be willing to play where he belongs, on the 3rd line, but he won't.