HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#76: SJ Sharks vs COL Avalanche | NO ONE SIGNED UP FOR IT | 5:00PM PST (CSN-CA)

Old
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharky View Post
... Nice to see Greiss play well, though his rebound control and lateral movement continue to be problems. I thought it was kinda funny how really only one of the goals out of seven was a normal, straight into the net goal. Sharks played well, a good game
I also noticed Greiss's problem handling bouncing pucks and rebounds. Part of me wants to say it was one of those games where the puck was taking strange bounces of players, etc as it happened going both ways. He should have been able to jump on these. Also, he was using his blocker, and failing, to trap pucks with his catcher. He just needs to use his body and his catcher to trap shots to the body. Not sure why his lateral movement would still be a problem as he's been working in the NHL all season. Well, he got the win.

I do have my doubts about him as a NHL starter/backup at this point.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:52 AM
WineShark

Quote:
Another sidenote, is that jesus guy with the big sign out in front of the arena often?
Only when Armageddon is pending and the Rapture is before the next weekend. Otherwise, no.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:00 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
I also noticed Greiss's problem handling bouncing pucks and rebounds. Part of me wants to say it was one of those games where the puck was taking strange bounces of players, etc as it happened going both ways. He should have been able to jump on these. Also, he was using his blocker, and failing, to trap pucks with his catcher. He just needs to use his body and his catcher to trap shots to the body. Not sure why his lateral movement would still be a problem as he's been working in the NHL all season. Well, he got the win.

I do have my doubts about him as a NHL starter/backup at this point.
I have my doubts about him as a starter too. But his lateral movement is really quite good. His problems have been over-commiting to a side and being unable to get back, and staying too deep in the net and not coming out to challenge shooters to take down the angle. But Greiss handles the puck a lot better than Nabby. He makes very good decisions once he gets control, and makes a fast decision. He uses his body well to protect the puck behind the net, and makes an accurate first pass to start the offense. That's part of the game thats not an easy one for Nabby. Probably one in 5 times he gets the puck, he gives it away because he holds it too long and his options are taken away. I don't think Greiss is ever going to set the world on fire, but I'll bet Philly would love to own his rights about now.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon12 View Post
i have been literally peeing my pants laughing at those guys all day. the last minute is some of the funniest **** ive ever heard, and his response on seto's goal, "NO! NO!", is just embarrassing. they sound like Randy Marsh from South Park
I have to watch it now

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Thepainter

Went to the game last night, took an Avs fan with me. He lived in Colorado and I figured it'd be nice to do. On a side not, a good friend of his who I've met played with Dan Boyle in college and was saying how much of a stud he was/is. Couldn't stop talking about how good he is.

Anyway, I hate 2 things: Saturday 1PM games and Sunday 5PM games. They never feel like real games to me, the crowd is never, EVER into it and regular players always seem to sit out. Something about going to a game when it's daylight and leaving when it's daylight feels very awkward. Last night was no exception, as the crowd was 100% dead. On Dan Boyle's goal, it took them about 10 seconds to blow the goal horn, which was weird.

I hate Sunday games.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:21 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
wuuuuuut.

i live in oakland and must make it out to one of these thangs
I was thinking the same thing. When I lived in the South Bay it seemed absurd to go to Stockton, but it's really not that far from Oaktown. Do you live out in the Valley Thresh, or just figure it's worth the drive for cheap hockey?

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
Went to the game last night, took an Avs fan with me. He lived in Colorado and I figured it'd be nice to do. On a side not, a good friend of his who I've met played with Dan Boyle in college and was saying how much of a stud he was/is. Couldn't stop talking about how good he is.

Anyway, I hate 2 things: Saturday 1PM games and Sunday 5PM games. They never feel like real games to me, the crowd is never, EVER into it and regular players always seem to sit out. Something about going to a game when it's daylight and leaving when it's daylight feels very awkward. Last night was no exception, as the crowd was 100% dead. On Dan Boyle's goal, it took them about 10 seconds to blow the goal horn, which was weird.

I hate Sunday games.
it's nice the team we iced didn't take the day off.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I was thinking the same thing. When I lived in the South Bay it seemed absurd to go to Stockton, but it's really not that far from Oaktown. Do you live out in the Valley Thresh, or just figure it's worth the drive for cheap hockey?
I live in the North Bay, so it takes me an hour+ whether I head to the Tank or Stockton Arena. I've been going to Thunder games since they made their home debut Dec.'05. I've met so many great, interesting people and players over the last few seasons and watched some highly entertaining games - so I might be slightly biased when I say yes, it's for sure worth the drive to catch at least a game or two to see whether or not it's your cup'o hefeweizen.

Yesterday it was a Sunday 4pm game, but the crowd was as crazy as ever. Good times. (It was also the debut of "Paws & Pucks" at the rink, so a designated section was full of fans and their dogs - also swagged out in Thunderwear.)

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon12 View Post
i have been literally peeing my pants laughing at those guys all day. the last minute is some of the funniest **** ive ever heard, and his response on seto's goal, "NO! NO!", is just embarrassing. they sound like Randy Marsh from South Park
The "No! No!" thing was pretty funny. I wasn't sure what one of them was trying to say about our fourth goal..."he was looking down there" as if Seto's looking down around his skates could nullify the goal.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
The "No! No!" thing was pretty funny. I wasn't sure what one of them was trying to say about our fourth goal..."he was looking down there" as if Seto's looking down around his skates could nullify the goal.
He sounded like he was about to cry cause he dropped his lolly, and people think randy & drew are homers

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
chachacha

Quote:
hmm. what an odd venue to bring a giant jesus sign. least he was wearing a sharks shirt
And a fanny pack.

chachacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Thresher

More random OT from the weekend's games:

S.J. Sharkie's latest FB entry
Quote:
Funniest moment of the weekend: I got into the elevator with Dan Boyle's wife and child (Easton) and a number of fans. While playing with Easton, she looked up at me and called me "daddy". One of the fans commented "I can't imagine what her dad looks like if she gets him confused with Sharkie". Not sure if they knew... it was Boyler's kid.
P.S. Don't tell Dan

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:28 PM
one2gamble

isnt Eastin or something, I know they didnt spell it the same

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:32 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
More random OT from the weekend's games:

S.J. Sharkie's latest FB entry
Maybe Dan Boyle is SJ Sharkie? They make him earn his extra-big contract by pulling double duty as the team mascot?

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:22 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Maybe Dan Boyle is SJ Sharkie? They make him earn his extra-big contract by pulling double duty as the team mascot?
Haha... yeah that or he just wears the costume around the house.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Send a message via AIM to Eid Ma Clack Shaw
I just watched the highlights with the Avs announcers. It was painful haha. NO! NO! He sounded like he was going to die when the Avs were trying to score in the last minute.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
They should make whoever is a healthy scratch that night dress up like Sharky (or some companion of sharky's).

I bet we'd see a more regular work ethic after that!

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Obsessed Sharks Fan

Send a message via AIM to Obsessed Sharks Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Since no one signed up, I have to take over.

Facts:

Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.

hahahahah, beautiful.

Obsessed Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
I just watched the highlights with the Avs announcers. It was painful haha. NO! NO! He sounded like he was going to die when the Avs were trying to score in the last minute.
"Setoguchi looked at his skates when the puck went off one of them. If I'm citing the rule book correctly, I believe it states that a goal shall be disallowed if the puck is put in the net with a distinct looking motion."

"You're absolutely right, it's in Section Hurrrrr on page Durrrrr."

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
"Setoguchi looked at his skates when the puck went off one of them. If I'm citing the rule book correctly, I believe it states that a goal shall be disallowed if the puck is put in the net with a distinct looking motion."

"You're absolutely right, it's in Section Hurrrrr on page Durrrrr."
Seto's such a pure goal scorer he just has to look at the puck to put it in the net, didn't you know?

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 03:12 PM
bob330i

Quote:
I'm kinda beginning to wonder if the tank plays crowd noise over the sound system. It seems unlikely, but every once in a while during a quiet time, there would be some random, kinda strange sounding cheer that I couldn't tell where was coming from.

Maybe I'm just crazy
I don't know about the playing crowd noice but the random cheers are typically sections cheering when Sharkie visits them to deliver those birthday bags. Typically happens during the quiet times.

But I agree, the Sunday twilight crowd was a bit quiet even though it was a pizza night. Even the pizza chant was pretty subdued.

bob330i is offline   Reply With Quote