***Prediction Contest, #77, THRASHERS, Tue 30 March: We're Kings of the Overtime!
Be Sure To Read Thread Title And Post In Correct Thread!
1. Post the team which will win and by what score and who will score first Leaf goal. Write anything else you like so long as you make clear those three variables. If you pick the correct team you will receive 1 point. If you pick the correct score but the wrong team you will receive 2 points. If you pick both the correct score and the correct winning team you will receive 4 points.
2. 3 points for the name of Maple Leaf who scores the team's first goal of the game. The Joepeps!! rule: If you expect a shutout, pick the opponent player who scores first. But if a Leaf does score, that pick will not be counted.
3. If you pick everything correctly (team, score, goalscorer) - aka "Grand Salami" - you will get 8 points and the envy and resentment of all other players.
4. Picks must be made and posted by puck drop on game day.
5. Picks must be made in the prediction thread -- if you post them anywhere else, including the game day thread, they will not count.
6. No if...then picks (Detroit 8-2 if Giguere, Toronto 2-0 if Gustavsson, or Kulemin gets goal if he plays, otherwise Kaberle).
7. If you change a pick in a new post (as opposed to editing), be sure you delete the first one so that there aren't two different picks in the thread. Also, check that you haven't accidentally made two different picks in the same thread - you'd be surprised how often that happens. In those cases neither will count and you will have a "0" for that game.
8. Please don't waste my time and server space with ridiculous picks - these are not particularly kind to your reputation for high wit and will be ignored by me anyway, now and forever.
__________________ Noah Cross: 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and ****** all get respectable if they last long enough. Timothy Fenwick Jr: Do you ever get the feeling that there's something going on that we don't know about? Boogie: If you don't have good dreams, Bagel, you got nightmares.
Crosby is amazing, awe-inspiring, divine, fabulous, miraculous, phenomenal, stupendous, terrific.
shakermaker - 114- breathing room.
tinfoilcup - 110
CNT15 - 100
FlareKnight - 95
iceblue - 94
ArtRoss - 91
KewlBum - 91
King Kadri - 91
S2S - 90
Barilko 14 - 85
Cavo - 84
dacoach - 84
Hockey Fan001 - 81
Myke - 80 - counted it, but it didn't do any good.
FutureFF - 80
th4thurt - 80
hong57 - 78
LeafSadist - 77
2plus50equalscup - 77
sgupca - Raptactics has conceded defeat and fled the field of battle.
ssheeran10 - will he hang on to end of season?
Cosmic Shame - miss your pithy analyses.
Entered - 45
Picked winning team only (1) - 26 - fans continue to develop a modicum of objectivity.
Picked score only (2) - 1 - 2plus50equalscup - big point getter for this game.
Picked goalscorer only (3) - 0 - Colton Orr was a fool's pick. We seemingly have no fools here.
Picked both team and score or goalscorer (4) - 0
Picked both score and goalscorer (5) - 0
Grand Salami (8) - 0 - 20 since start. 4 games since last.
Unduplicated count of pickers since start - 430 - lotsa newbies giving it a trial run.