HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To the Thrasher fans is your team better off without Kovalchuk?

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Boognish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMF View Post
Kari has been disgustingly good for a Dallas team that is playing no defense at all (other than his first start of the year against Pitt)
You can throw out the first 20 games after any trade. The player is looking to impress his new team and show up his old team. The team will put the player in a position to succeed. Wait to see what they do next season when the honeymoon is over.

Old
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
You can throw out the first 20 games after any trade. The player is looking to impress his new team and show up his old team. The team will put the player in a position to succeed. Wait to see what they do next season when the honeymoon is over.
I don't know, having your first two starts after a year off being against Pitt and San Jose isn't exactly putting a player in a position to succeed right away.

I think the only non-playoff team he's started against is Anaheim.

Old
04-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMF View Post
I don't know, having your first two starts after a year off being against Pitt and San Jose isn't exactly putting a player in a position to succeed right away.

I think the only non-playoff team he's started against is Anaheim.
They'll all come back to earth.

Dallas isn't playing for much but pride right now. I never said they would coddle him. Besides, he's auditioning for the starting job; they have to see what he can do so they can decide to extend him an offer.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

I obviously can't say for sure that Kovalchuk will re-sign in Jersey, but I do know that when Lou wants to keep a player, he usually succeeds. The Devils have let a lot of quality free agents go in recent years. However, with the exception of Scott Niedermayer (and maybe Rafalski), not one of them actually got an offer. Lou just decided to part ways and that was that. I really feel like he plans on keeping Kovy, so he certainly won't be sitting on his hands between the end of the season and July 1.

BTW, I've been watching more Thrashers games than usual since the trade. They play really well at times, but I just feel like they lack experience. They need some strong veteran presence. Having guys like Chelios and Kozlov helps, but I still think they could use more balance. As a Devils fan, I know having guys like Nieuwendyk, Lemieux, Stevens, etc helped a lot of our younger players develop. Coaches like Robinson, Carpenter, Fetisov, Lemaire, Laperriere and Burns didn't hurt either. I'd really like to see the Thrashers go out and acquire guys who are experienced and can show kids like Kane and Bogosian the ropes.

Closed Thread