HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Old
03-28-2010, 04:48 PM
WalkmanX

vCash: 500
Alexander Radulov

I was thinking about him and decided to educate myself on what really happened since i don't really know.

So i read he had some problems here? What were they exactly?

So he signed with the Salavat Yulaev Ufa from some places i read he signed with them for 2 year and some places for 3 years so witch is it exactly? And i was really curious as to how much does he get payed there?

How good is the possibility that he comes back to us after his current KHL contract runs out? Would any of you even want him back in Nashville?

He is really young and i mean if we could get him back here our Forward future would look really bright with the likes of Wilson, Hornqvist and Radulov.

It's just that i think he is a very good hockey player and i think we could really use him (Don't know about the attitude stuff tough).

Also if there's some additional stuff you all know about him, would really love to know it.

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 05:11 PM
WartracePred

Not even sure where to begin with the Radulov situation. Since you are new to these boards, you can't imagine how much attention has been given to Rads, why he left, and when he will return, if ever. I would look through previous threads. I'm sure there are at least a few that will give you more information and opinions than you probably want.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 05:16 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

you are going to get 2 very different stories.

1) radu is a punk kid who left nashville high and dry and took 3-4 million a year to play in an upstart league. kid has nothing good to him, selfish, a headcase, etc.

2) russian mob pressured his family and he jumped. He probably could have gotten away with not playing there, but a 22 year old kid wants to try and do his family right.

I think number 2 is more likely the case than number 1. if number one was the case, poile would have traded his rights by now. also poile and radulov speak still. whenever there is an international tourney, he is always catching up with his old teammates. If there were that much animosity, they would tell him to eff off I think.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 05:33 PM
oreilly22

I honestly think he jumped at more money sooner, thinking this would be a better move for him. I believe he will let his contract expire with his Russian club and will come back to Nashville afterwards when most of his major critics in the lockerroom (I kind of suspect Arnott, Sullivan, and maybe Dumont) will be either out via free agency or simply let bygones be forgotten.

Just a theory of mine. It might just be wishful thinking, because I will readily admit I was completely convinced it was all just false rumors that fateful day when the boards were abuzz with talk of Rads defecting to Russia.

oreilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I don't think he had a personal axe to grind the way some people do, those that say, "we'll trade you junk for his rights, then he'll come play for us because it's not Nashville."

I think he'll be back, and I'm excited for that day.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:48 AM
goalscorer

You'll definately find more info on previous threads...

I for one want him back, badly. I pray for the day he comes back, becomes a 30 goalscorer for us and we lock him up long term.

Hornqvist-Wilson-Radulov +
Weber-Suter +
Pickard = the core of our cup winning team.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:00 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Rads will have to come back and do his one year at a bargain salary. He'll have to prove he has grown and can still play with the big boys. This will probaby not happen until 11-12 at the earliest.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
WalkmanX

Tnx for insight...

I actually checked the search before i made it, but i didn't use advanced search and got only the newer topics but never mind that i got all of them now and i have to say its very interesting to me

Anyways i hope he comes back after his contract runs out and as i see it could be possible, fingers crossed

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you are going to get 2 very different stories.

1) radu is a punk kid who left nashville high and dry and took 3-4 million a year to play in an upstart league. kid has nothing good to him, selfish, a headcase, etc.

2) russian mob pressured his family and he jumped. He probably could have gotten away with not playing there, but a 22 year old kid wants to try and do his family right.

I think number 2 is more likely the case than number 1. if number one was the case, poile would have traded his rights by now. also poile and radulov speak still. whenever there is an international tourney, he is always catching up with his old teammates. If there were that much animosity, they would tell him to eff off I think.
It was all about money #2 doesn't hold water, if that was the case they start holding other players family hostage too? Both Radulov's have a history me attitudes, his brother did it with Chicago, it's the reason he dropped in the draft, so it wouldn't be too far fetched that his head is up his rear.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think his mom still lives here, so I don't know about the mob thing. I've heard if from other sources that are fairly reliable though so I don't know what to think. I think he jumped for the money and a shot at being a National hero with the Russian team, I firmly believe his roster spot was held over his head.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 01:06 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Im sure this has already been posted, but this I just now found it.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
RollingPredFan

LOL

I still wish he would come back

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 01:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

You just made me spit on my monitor! LOL! Thank you!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Ahaha that was great. I wish he'd come back; from what little I've heard about him he was VERY good.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I lol'd ... this should win the joke playoff promos *hands down*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Que Sera Sera

Someone should submit it
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Radulov Radulov Radulov.......Man I was so excited to see this kid play especially after that 7 goal and 4 assist performance in the QMJHL. He is a great player with a good personality but he was just immature and he thought to much of himself as a star player and wanted a bigger contract. He was going to get that contract but he just wasnt patient enough. I expect to see him come back after next year and if he contributes on the ice and somehow gets the players especially Weber for forgiveness we will resign him. I say especially Weber because Weber said if Radulov ever comes back hes clocking him in the locker room. I think that would be fair after giving your Captain a concussion ( who now has concussion problems ) and ditching your teammates. But all in all I would take him back, hes a great player who has probably realized this league is better and it shouldnt be all about the money.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Anyone else watching the situation with Jiri Hudler and the KHL and getting really irritated that rumors are Hudler can get out of his contract to rejoin the Wings and Radulov cannot?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Que Sera Sera

Seth I think a lot of us (and when I say that I mean me) are uneducated on the topic of Radulov & the KHL. Can you explain?

Old
03-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Seth I think a lot of us (and when I say that I mean me) are uneducated on the topic of Radulov & the KHL. Can you explain?
Radulov bolted to the KHL for whatever reason two summers ago and signed a three year deal, while still having a year remaining on his entry-level contract with the Predators outstanding...the Predators and the NHL challenged this, the IIHF eventually ruled that since there was no transfer agreement that they would allow the contract to stand, but then also worked out an NHL-KHL "no poaching" agreement that same summer...

Last summer, Hudler became an RFA w/arbitration rights with Detroit. The Wings offered Hudler salary arbitration and he accepted that offer, but then turned around and signed a two-year deal in the KHL...the arbitration hearing went ahead and Hudler was awarded and signed a two-year deal with Detroit...the IIHF allowed him to play out his KHL contract for the next two seasons but again ruled that Hudler had a valid NHL contract upon his return...effectively making the "no poaching" agreement worthless...

Also last summer, during the World Championships, Poile met with Radulov on multiple occasions while they were staying in the same hotel...according to Poile, who legitimately has no reason to lie, Radulov informed him that he wanted to return to Nashville for this season, but had to work out a couple things. Poile welcomed him back, why not he's a great asset, and waiting for official word from Radulov...couple weeks later, Radulov informs Poile that he couldn't get out of his contract in Russia and would be playing again in the KHL this season...Poile stated in frustration something along the lines of, "I don't understand how he can get out of his valid contract here, but can't get out of his contract there..."

This season, Poile and Radulov again saw each other several times at the Olympics, but when asked Poile has stated that Radulov's contract status did not come up in the conversations and that he has made it very clear to Radulov and his agents that the ball is in their court and that they will have to instigate the next conversation regarding his contract till his KHL deal expires...

Now, Hudler's KHL team was bounced from the playoffs in the first round (as Radulov was last season) and the team is slashing their payroll to offset the lost sponsorships the early exit has caused...Hudler's KHL team has said that they will probably move Hudler's contract, but that they will do so within the KHL and have no intention of releasing him...but Hudler is rumored to strongly want to return to Detroit for next season...

And this is where my frustration comes into play...if Radulov was not allowed to break his contract last season...Hudler shouldn't be allowed to this season...

Actions have consequences. Radulov and Hudler decided to jump ship and head to the KHL...both are rumored to have been or are currently interested in coming back after one season (Karel Rachunek also wants to return, but he is a UFA in the NHL)...if one is allowed back, but the other isn't...that is a double slap in the face for Nashville and the NHL...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 01:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
I suspect if Hudler can physically get out of the country, he can come back to the NHL, and say "screw you" to the KHL and the KHL would be as powerless as the Preds and the NHL are with Radulov. But Hudler is Czech so burning bridges in Russia probably isnt as big a deal as it would be for Radulov, and I think that is why Rads will stay his full 3 years, to avoid being persona non grata in his homeland.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:37 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I don't know about Hudler, but supposedly Radulov was told by KHL people to finish his KHL contract or never play for team Russia.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 03:08 AM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Radulov Radulov Radulov.......Man I was so excited to see this kid play especially after that 7 goal and 4 assist performance in the QMJHL. He is a great player with a good personality but he was just immature and he thought to much of himself as a star player and wanted a bigger contract. He was going to get that contract but he just wasnt patient enough. I expect to see him come back after next year and if he contributes on the ice and somehow gets the players especially Weber for forgiveness we will resign him. I say especially Weber because Weber said if Radulov ever comes back hes clocking him in the locker room. I think that would be fair after giving your Captain a concussion ( who now has concussion problems ) and ditching your teammates. But all in all I would take him back, hes a great player who has probably realized this league is better and it shouldnt be all about the money.
Not sure I'm familiar with the bolded portion. Can you elaborate? Thanks in advance.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
I don't know about Hudler, but supposedly Radulov was told by KHL people to finish his KHL contract or never play for team Russia.
Supposedly Hudler had an out clause in his contract.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
Not sure I'm familiar with the bolded portion. Can you elaborate? Thanks in advance.
Nothing against that poster or whatever "source" that information came from, but I can say with near certainty that Weber never said anything of the sort, and I don't think anyone holds any ill will toward Radulov for the Arnott incident. It's not like he swung a stick in anger or something. He was excited by a huge goal, and it was clearly an accident. It was unfortunate, but it was a freak accident.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote