HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2010, 09:15 AM
  #51
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Devils advocate? Not even the devil can make it "not wrong" to breach a contract like Rads did. It is absolutely undisputed that he failed to live up to the obligations of a valid contract, and thats "wrong" no matter what spin you put on it...
Once again, you're basing your opinion on the facts that have been presented. Is there a realm of possibility of there's more to this story? If those are the only facts, then yes, he was wrong. If there are things we don't know about or there were extenuating circumstances, then maybe it wasn't wrong. I have no proof that there is more to this story but you have no proof that there isn't more to this story. At this point, you are correct. I just have a hard time believing that's all there is to this.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
  #52
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
To be honest, sports teams have a psychology of most street gangs so Weber "Beatting in" Radulov frankly will be a sign of acceptance.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
  #53
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Once again, you're basing your opinion on the facts that have been presented. Is there a realm of possibility of there's more to this story? If those are the only facts, then yes, he was wrong. If there are things we don't know about or there were extenuating circumstances, then maybe it wasn't wrong. I have no proof that there is more to this story but you have no proof that there isn't more to this story. At this point, you are correct. I just have a hard time believing that's all there is to this.
no dangit, there are no other "facts" that make it "right" to not live up to a contract. This fantasy bs about the Russian mob is idiotic, but even if it was true, that would only make it "understandable" that Rads bailed on his deal with us... it would still not make it "right"

and the "you have no proof that there arent aliens walking among us" type of argument is so ridiculous, strictly from the perspective of how logical people debate things, as to be beneath a person of reasonable intellect like yourself. Now stop it. You're embarassing yourself. Just because I cant prove Rads wasnt threatened by the Russian mob doesnt mean that he therefore must have been...


Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-04-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Re-instated original post
PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:20 AM
  #54
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,893
vCash: 500
Anyone thinking Radulov’s situation is mafia related is an ignorant victim of an outdated stereotype.

The KHL is, to an extent, a government project. Considering the intent is to attract talent and build a league comparable to NHL, any 'businessmen’ threatening players (particularly high profile players) would be dealt with swiftly. It’s not the 1990s anymore folks.


The situation is that Radulov has to fulfill his contract if he wants to play for National Team. It’s not the Federation’s decision as much as national team and Salavat coach Bykov’s. He puts a huge emphasis on commitment (see Zubov/Gorovikov situation). If Radulov bails on Bykov's KHL team, he's unlikely to get a national team call-up as long as Bykov is national team coach.


Last edited by Zine: 04-04-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:58 AM
  #55
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Last summer, Hudler became an RFA w/arbitration rights with Detroit. The Wings offered Hudler salary arbitration and he accepted that offer, but then turned around and signed a two-year deal in the KHL...the arbitration hearing went ahead and Hudler was awarded and signed a two-year deal with Detroit...the IIHF allowed him to play out his KHL contract for the next two seasons but again ruled that Hudler had a valid NHL contract upon his return...effectively making the "no poaching" agreement worthless...

Per IIHF rules, (rules agreed upon by all federations), Hudler wasn't poached because Hudler, himself, never signed the arbitration document.
Despite some initial posturing, the NHL/Red Wings understood they had no case because they (through USA Hockey) never bothered to present evidence to the contrary during the court procedure.....they just refused to sign Hudler's the transfer card.


A sleazy move by KHL, but technically legal per the IIHF brokered no poaching agreement.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:27 AM
  #56
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So since the IIHF has an agreement with the NHL and the NHL and KHL have non-poaching agreements, can Radulov legally sign with a KHL team after this current contract expires, since essentially he has a binding NHL contract?
This is a good question. If I had to guess, I'd say he would be allowed to renew his KHL contract since it's already in place. Your logic makes sense though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Yea sure.... Okay so my friend knows Brent Peterson personally and he played golf with him last summer. And when they were golfing he said they talked about the Radulov situation. And he said that Peterson said if Radulov decides to come back Weber said he is gonna knock him out in the locker room. My friend isnt a liar and I dont see why he would lie about that so I believe it. But i would still take him back
lol, I have no doubt in my mind Peterson would say that, but I doubt him or Weber meant it literally.

I really believe there wouldn't be any lockerroom quarrels over it. Let bygones be bygones. These guys are professionals after all. Yeah, Rads would get ragged on, but no one is literally going to hurt him

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:31 AM
  #57
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
I'm sure there would be a little bit of animosity at first. They'yre only human, after all. But everyone would get over it and Radulov could seriously help the team.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:42 AM
  #58
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,645
vCash: 500
I don't ever remember hearing about the Weber comment. I do remember Arnott's comment which was something to the effect of "he's not welcome in our locker room anymore."

He'll be back.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:19 AM
  #59
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
I don't ever remember hearing about the Weber comment. I do remember Arnott's comment which was something to the effect of "he's not welcome in our locker room anymore."

He'll be back.
I'd rather have Rads than Arnott.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:34 AM
  #60
goalscorer
Registered User
 
goalscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paducah, Ky
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'd rather have Rads than Arnott.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
  #61
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'd rather have Rads than Arnott.
I will respectfully disagree with this sentiment..

(where is the YGBSM smiley??)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  #62
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
I too would rather have Rads than Arnott. Not even close.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
  #63
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,779
vCash: 500
then you're nuts. or more likely misremembering Rads, remembering the good and forgetting the bad. Just look at the playoff games after Raduspaz took Arnott out.

yes, Rads is young and has more long term upside, but if you replaced Arnott with Rads TODAY this would be a worse team, and not just by a little bit.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
  #64
jlsg
Registered User
 
jlsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
then you're nuts. or more likely misremembering Rads, remembering the good and forgetting the bad. Just look at the playoff games after Raduspaz took Arnott out.

yes, Rads is young and has more long term upside, but if you replaced Arnott with Rads TODAY this would be a worse team, and not just by a little bit.
+1

Rads would have been and perhaps will be a nice addition to the team, but not as a replacement for Arnott.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
  #65
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
+1

Rads would have been and perhaps will be a nice addition to the team, but not as a replacement for Arnott.
+2

It took the franchise how many years to acquire a big-bodied, strong scoring line center? For all that Radulov added in terms of the scoring dynamic, he certainly doesn't bring more to the table than Arnott has in terms of overall contribution...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
  #66
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
+2

It took the franchise how many years to acquire a big-bodied, strong scoring line center? For all that Radulov added in terms of the scoring dynamic, he certainly doesn't bring more to the table than Arnott has in terms of overall contribution...
-1

And he's done what in when it has mattered the most (post season) ... 4 points in 9 playoff games with the Preds ... that's not exactly lighting the scoreboard up

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
  #67
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
-1

And he's done what in when it has mattered the most (post season) ... 4 points in 9 playoff games with the Preds ... that's not exactly lighting the scoreboard up
not much of a sample size there,either.

had 2G 1A vs San jose in 5 games. thats not crappy.

had one goal(a GWG at that) vs the Wings before the spaz brained him...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:23 AM
  #68
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
I'm just not as in love with Arnott's "leadership" as some, and his effort is at times inconsistent. SLake, in terms of being a "big bodied center," how often can you say you've seen Arnott use that big body? You have to admit he's a soft 6'4. I've seen Sullivan assert himself physically more than Arnott, this season.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:13 PM
  #69
jlsg
Registered User
 
jlsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm just not as in love with Arnott's "leadership" as some, and his effort is at times inconsistent. SLake, in terms of being a "big bodied center," how often can you say you've seen Arnott use that big body? You have to admit he's a soft 6'4. I've seen Sullivan assert himself physically more than Arnott, this season.
Arnott doesn't use his size to lay booming checks in the corner, he uses his size to control his area of the ice. You see that in the forecheck and during a cycle. Rads would get pushed off the puck very easily, mostly because of his poor skating abilities. Arnott doesn't have the hands of Rads, few players do, but when it comes to just about every other aspect of the game, Arnott is head and shoulders above Rads.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:28 PM
  #70
WalkmanX
 
WalkmanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estonia
Country: Estonia
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
I'm feeling that you guys are thinking about that Rads that played here 2 years ago, the guy has evolved, when i watched the last khl games (Yes i know khl isn't close to nhl on the standard, but still) he looks decent.

And the khl has a bigger rink thus, you need to skate good to be effective

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
  #71
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
I also am not in love with what Arnott seemingly brings to the ice in comparison to what we hope for. He's got a booming shot and he is a veteran who knows how its done but he seems uninterested if things aren't going 100% in his favor. I don't remember what game it was but I recall a home game recently in which Arnott felt there should've been a penalty call, lolly-gagged in the opposing zone moaning to the ref as the other team scores a go-ahead goal on an odd man rush because he didn't go back on defense. Way to be a leader when every point matters. Yeah it's not right to judge on one incident but he just seems distant and lazy if things aren't going his way. He makes Dumont look like Tootoo out there.

I respect what he's done in his career and I hope he is able to contribute in the playoffs for us but I'd rather have a young, dynamic scoring winger than the package Arnott brings to the table.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
  #72
jlsg
Registered User
 
jlsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Walkman, bigger rink or not, Rads is a horrible skater. His somewhat improved stats are based on the same reason he could play lights out and the Jr and AHL level, he has great hands. At those levels you can get away with that, at the NHL level you have to be able to skate or the NHL dmen will eat you alive. I won't even get into his game vision, which I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it has improved over the last couple of year. It certainly couldn't get worse.
I'm not saying that Rads wouldn't be a welcome addition to this team, although I wonder how he would fit into this group compared to a couple of years ago. This is a much different hockey team then when he was here.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
  #73
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I also am not in love with what Arnott seemingly brings to the ice in comparison to what we hope for. He's got a booming shot and he is a veteran who knows how its done but he seems uninterested if things aren't going 100% in his favor. I don't remember what game it was but I recall a home game recently in which Arnott felt there should've been a penalty call, lolly-gagged in the opposing zone moaning to the ref as the other team scores a go-ahead goal on an odd man rush because he didn't go back on defense. Way to be a leader when every point matters. Yeah it's not right to judge on one incident but he just seems distant and lazy if things aren't going his way. He makes Dumont look like Tootoo out there.

I respect what he's done in his career and I hope he is able to contribute in the playoffs for us but I'd rather have a young, dynamic scoring winger than the package Arnott brings to the table.
+1

You saved me a lot of typing.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:26 PM
  #74
WalkmanX
 
WalkmanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estonia
Country: Estonia
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Walkman, bigger rink or not, Rads is a horrible skater. His somewhat improved stats are based on the same reason he could play lights out and the Jr and AHL level, he has great hands. At those levels you can get away with that, at the NHL level you have to be able to skate or the NHL dmen will eat you alive. I won't even get into his game vision, which I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it has improved over the last couple of year. It certainly couldn't get worse.
I'm not saying that Rads wouldn't be a welcome addition to this team, although I wonder how he would fit into this group compared to a couple of years ago. This is a much different hockey team then when he was here.
I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, it's just that i watched the last 2 games and Rads didn't look that terrible of a skater to me, but I'm no expert.

And well i don't usually watch any other hockey besides nhl and as i was watching the those 2 rads khl games, it seemed significantly bigger and alot more room in the offensive zone.

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
  #75
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Walkman, bigger rink or not, Rads is a horrible skater. His somewhat improved stats are based on the same reason he could play lights out and the Jr and AHL level, he has great hands. At those levels you can get away with that, at the NHL level you have to be able to skate or the NHL dmen will eat you alive. I won't even get into his game vision, which I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it has improved over the last couple of year. It certainly couldn't get worse.
I'm not saying that Rads wouldn't be a welcome addition to this team, although I wonder how he would fit into this group compared to a couple of years ago. This is a much different hockey team then when he was here.
agree.........It seems as if this team has taken a big step forward in confidence and skill.. Whether they are closer or not to each other in reality, I don't have a clue....but it seems as if they are much more cohesive as a group.
They don't seem to have the prima donna roles on this team. Even the "bigger" name players seem to submerge their egos for the team.

Rads was and wanted to be treated as a prima donna.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.