HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Old
04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I don't know why Radulov left for Russia. I don't know why. I can think of non-malicious reasons. (National pride, money). There are unwarrented rumors of criminal activity. Pure and simple. Alexander Radulov is a sniper who can help the team. He's going to have to re-build the bridge he napalmed but it can be done. The best thing is for him to put on the jersey. Either way, he becomes the third piece to a damn good scoring line, or he's traded for pieces which will continue to build the Preds.
+ 47

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

vCash: 500
LOL

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-11-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: libel
ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Nitrous Mafia

did he steal those shorts from Bob Weir?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:02 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
if Im reading this site correctly:

http://www.wincomparator.com/en-gb/b...ayoffs-140025/

Radulovs team just got eliminated by AK Bars Kazan 4-2 yesterday.

looks like AK Bars too a 3-0 lead, then Ufa came back to make it 3-2, but AK won yesterday to close out the series.

sounds like Rads plays for the San Jose Sharks of the KHL...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if Im reading this site correctly:

http://www.wincomparator.com/en-gb/b...ayoffs-140025/

Radulovs team just got eliminated by AK Bars Kazan 4-2 yesterday.

looks like AK Bars too a 3-0 lead, then Ufa came back to make it 3-2, but AK won yesterday to close out the series.

sounds like Rads plays for the San Jose Sharks of the KHL...
Ufa had the last RSL championship in '08 (before it got replaced with the KHL), so that'd be kind of a silly assessment to make.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:13 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Ufa had the last RSL championship in '08 (before it got replaced with the KHL), so that'd be kind of a silly assessment to make.
not, because i didnt say they were the Sharks of the RSL, just the KHL.

I believe both years they have been the equivalent of the Presidents Cup winners and both years they have underperformed. Although apparently this year they made it to the 3rd round as opposed to last year losing in round 1 to the 16th seed...

Old
04-12-2010, 03:18 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuggy View Post
This is what I've find last week about the radulov's case.. the guy who wrote this article made a trip to Russia and have seen how the KHL was working and he talked to alot of player like Radulov.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...y-country.html
That was a really good article.

First off, nice to hear from Radulov's mouth that he wanted to come back last year. A very interesting response when asked how much he was pressured into staying in Russia "It wasn't too bad." Wow. What exactly does that mean?

I hate the KHL, mainly for the Radulov signing. But, unbiasedly, I can't see this league keeping up. Their two biggest "steals" from the NHL (Radulov and Jagr) have already expressed interest in returning to the NHL. And all these players that can't get their paychecks? Not to mention, they had a player die due in large part to lack of medical attention. And all around, just a lot of shadiness, which this article shed some light on. Players not wanting to discuss their contract disputes for fear of the courts using it against them. Players retracting comments for fear of god knows what. Damn the KHL.

Last edited by dulzhok: 04-12-2010 at 03:37 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
not, because i didnt say they were the Sharks of the RSL, just the KHL.

I believe both years they have been the equivalent of the Presidents Cup winners and both years they have underperformed. Although apparently this year they made it to the 3rd round as opposed to last year losing in round 1 to the 16th seed...
you are correct. had the best record in the league two straight years and got bounced two years in a row. dunno if they playoffs work the same as they did last year, but they were the number one seed and got whacked by a 16 seed in a sweep.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Interesting read on that article about Radulov. I think the KHL knows it's on borrowed time and cash. This article confirmed a LOT about what has been rumored about most things KHL except for the infamous "Russian Mob" Now, if you replaced Mob with government, you might be talking about a scarier entity. Basically Russia is democracy with heavier corruption. they are so used to the communistic style that they are accustomed to the corruption and expect it which means the politicians expect it.

Also this confirms that Radulov wants to come back. I think Radulov is confirming what North American's believe that Russia is another word for Purgatory. Same with Filatov.

Next year will be a limbo year for the team but 2 years from now you may have a VERY cheap productive 1st line of Hornqvist-Wilson-Radulov.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:31 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you are correct. had the best record in the league two straight years and got bounced two years in a row. dunno if they playoffs work the same as they did last year, but they were the number one seed and got whacked by a 16 seed in a sweep.
looks like this year they made it conference style like the NHL. This year they lost to the #3 seed in the eastern Conf finals.

Old
04-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Interesting read on that article about Radulov. I think the KHL knows it's on borrowed time and cash. This article confirmed a LOT about what has been rumored about most things KHL except for the infamous "Russian Mob" Now, if you replaced Mob with government, you might be talking about a scarier entity. Basically Russia is democracy with heavier corruption. they are so used to the communistic style that they are accustomed to the corruption and expect it which means the politicians expect it.

Also this confirms that Radulov wants to come back. I think Radulov is confirming what North American's believe that Russia is another word for Purgatory. Same with Filatov.

Next year will be a limbo year for the team but 2 years from now you may have a VERY cheap productive 1st line of Hornqvist-Wilson-Radulov.
I'd be scared of that line, except that it suggests that back up here in Ohio we'd have a top six of Nash-Brassard (or V)-Voracek, Huselius-Vermette (or Brass)-Filatov. And that makes me giggle with evil delight.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
WalkmanX

Well Rads did light it up in the playoffs

He leads every meaningful category for the playoffs before the Final where he isn't playing obviously

he played 16 games in the playoffs he put up 8 Goals, 11 Assists and 19 Points

not too bad if you ask me

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
And that's why he wanted to go to Russia in the first place....much easier to be a superstar prima donna in a sub-par league.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

He was pretty much our best player in the second Sharks\Preds series, before he got tossed on a bogus suspension.

Looking back, it was hard not to bust out the tinfoil hats based on that series.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 05:16 AM
supervillains10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Anyone thinking Radulovís situation is mafia related is an ignorant victim of an outdated stereotype.
The KHL is, to an extent, a government project. Considering the intent is to attract talent and build a league comparable to NHL, any 'businessmení threatening players (particularly high profile players) would be dealt with swiftly. Itís not the 1990s anymore folks.
I'm not so sure I agree with this statement.

Why did Malkin have guys come to his house at 3am and force him to sign a contract extension?
Why did he have to sneak away from his team at an airport and disappear for 2-3 days before re-appearing in N.America to start his NHL career?
The whole story on Malkin was well documented, in case anyone wants to look it up.

I'm not saying "mafia" per say, but it sure sounds like there still may be some funny stuff happening in the 2000s.

supervillains10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Hudler officially released from Dynamo Contract

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
If this is the start of a domino effect where a lot of KHL teams are hurting and they need to dump contracts this could be interesting for the Preds next year.

1) Already the team might have to make a trade next year to sign who they want and keep below 45 million. Adding Radulov to the mix might really for the Preds to push a player who's got an NTC to be traded. A NTC just means the player needs to waive it first.

2) unless my theory of a player retiring comes into play. If Sully (3.75 Million)or Arnott (4.5 million)or even both (8.25 Million)were to retire that would free up a LOT of cash.

If 2 happens and Radulov comes back the Preds will need to sign a UFA top 6 forward.

Old
04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
PredsV82
No

stop it already. If Sully didnt retire after his back injury hes not going to walk away now. Arnott isnt gonna walk away from 4.5 mil either.

and who is gonna waive their ntc? I dont see any of these guys uprooting their families when they dont have to.

Rads is gonna play out his 3 years and then return. that will be better for us and him.

Old
04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
stop it already. If Sully didnt retire after his back injury hes not going to walk away now. Arnott isnt gonna walk away from 4.5 mil either.

and who is gonna waive their ntc? I dont see any of these guys uprooting their families when they dont have to.

Rads is gonna play out his 3 years and then return. that will be better for us and him.
And his return will come at a good time with certain salaries running out. Arnott and Sully come off the books after next year. Weber is a RFA. We can re-tool with a little offense from Rads at a smaller salary and give Weber his new contract and get Suter on board with an extension.

It may not be optimum but it is what it is. We need to keep Arnott and Sully around if we're gonna make any sort of run next year as well. Poile didn't sign these guys to see them retire or leave via free agency, he signed them because he thought they'd be valuable pieces to the team and they are part of the reason we had 100 points this year.

Also, if you told me Sully would be one of three guys to play all 82 games I would've laughed at that notion. He looked like the Sully of old on Friday night and hopefully they'll be more of that to come tonight.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

whatever. if radu wants to come back this year, he costs us what, 900k right? send a grinder to milwaukee outright.

a team like this would be nice:

erat-arnott-hornquist
sullivan-wison-radulov
ward-legwand-dumont
smithson-boyd-spaling

i'd take that. we can move some contracts for low level picks. i would think most teams would give a 5-7th rounder for a guy like o'reilly, santorelli, or whomever's contract we need to get rid of.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
whatever. if radu wants to come back this year, he costs us what, 900k right? send a grinder to milwaukee outright.

erat-arnott-hornquist
sullivan-wison-radulov
ward-legwand-dumont
smithson-boyd-spaling

i'd take that. we can move some contracts for low level picks. i would think most teams would give a 5-7th rounder for a guy like o'reilly, santorelli, or whomever's contract we need to get rid of.
You'll TAKE it? Are you kidding me? That team is something special!

Don't resign boyd and dump spaling for tootoo and goc and I would be very pleased.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
You'll TAKE it? Are you kidding me? That team is something special!

Don't resign boyd and dump spaling for tootoo and goc and I would be very pleased.
Spaling has a much higher upside than Tootoo. I like Toots but Spaling in my estimation will be another John Madden type of player.

Old
04-19-2010, 08:06 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Spaling has a much higher upside than Tootoo. I like Toots but Spaling in my estimation will be another John Madden type of player.
I think Boyd will be better than either of them.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:15 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think Boyd will be better than either of them.
Only time will tell.

Old
04-19-2010, 09:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

erat-arnott-hornquist
sullivan-wison-radulov
ward-legwand-dumont
smithson-boyd-spaling

I still would like the combo of Hornqvist-Wilson-Radulov, Sully-Arnott-Erat, Ward-Legwand-Dumont. Lot's of O lot's of D, lot's of "Oh **** me!" for the opposing team. Problem will be the injuries Radulov suffers when the team beats him in gang style. I just hope there is a video. All the vets pounding Radu's face in while all the rooks and 2nd year guys stand around understanding what happens when you abandon the Predators' family. Hell, I hope Partner, Poile and some of the sales reps get a kick in or two or six. 4th line as usual would be complicated. More than enough talent to fill the spots, just hope there is enough cash.