HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Colton Orr

Old
03-29-2010, 09:53 AM
mbowman

vCash: 500
I always liked belak in interviews and stuff. i saw a video on leafstv once i think of him doing yoga. it was great, he was loving it.

however, i am a fan of orr too. he gets 1000 PIMs a year in my EHM

mbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
BlueMapleDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
The man can play a shift without being a liability.

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
I think Orr is a very good player to have on a young team like the Leafs. I recall a story about him chatting with Kadri before one of the preseason games and basically telling Kadri to go out there and play his game without fear (with the implication being that Orr would beat the ever-living crap out of anyone who even looked at him funny). That's a valuable thing for a young team, in my opinion.
Definitely.

He's only taken dumb penalties a few times. He's a good forechecker as well. Some people were freakin' when he got the 7-digit paycheque but he's been well worth it in my mind.

BlueMapleDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Epoch

Belak was never the same fighter after (ironically) Orr broke his nose in the 05/06 season.

Orr's actually not that bad of a player for an enforcer.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:33 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

orr is the perfect enforcer for this young team. his presence is felt big time by other teams and he's got a decent game on top of it all.

any player looking to take a cheap shot at guys like kessel, kadri etc are going to think twice about it because they will get ktfo by our big guy.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Leafers41

I been pretty fond of our enforcers in the past. Domi, Belak (who i loved and though that he was hilarious) and Orr who's awesome because he destroys ppl and then smiles about it.

Leafers41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
BlueBomber76

Never been a huge fan of enoforcers but I did like Belak because he was capable of playing both foward and defence, not that he did a tremendous job at it, but it was good to have.

But since the arrival of Colton "Devastat"- Orr (Get it?), there has been a difference in the way we have been treated (not pushed around as much), and he actually wins fights. I like him because he will give our kids a chance to play hockey without fear and to develop in the properly while playing in the BIGS.

COLTON "DEVASTAT" - ORR !!!

BlueBomber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Love him. Solid forechecker, has more goals than Wallin AND Hanson, takes less dumb penalties than most enforcers around the league, has a hell of a 1-2, and is simply a fun guy to watch. I'm thinking of getting an Orr jersey.

Shanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

Orr interviews -- not enough of it.

LeafsTV All Access: Giguere/Orr Interview

For those who missed it (aired Mar-09).

Part 1: http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/consol...d=802&id=62178

Part 2: http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/consol...tid=8&id=62179

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam50 View Post

I loved the Tattoo thing.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Not as likeable as I found Belak to be.

It's funny the affinity some Leaf fans have for Belak. Pred fans absolutely hate Belak, but unless you bury him in the minors he'll be on your team. He's become unmovable.

Orr clearly has more skill and is much more of an effective pest if he wants to be then belak was. See the penalty Orr drew on Fleury last night. I'd say Orr is more comperable to Domi as oppose to the ultimate plug of plugs..Wade Belak (i mean seriously!)

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 426 View Post
Belak was never the same fighter after (ironically) Orr broke his nose in the 05/06 season.

Orr's actually not that bad of a player for an enforcer.
This. The thing with Wade, though, is that he was also not the kind of guy to go out looking for retribution on a top player - he fought, forechecked, and that was it. He wouldn't headhunt, seek vengeance [the Kaberle case was the lone exception I can remember], or things like that. He'd just play his game and that's that.

What I love about Orr is that the first one to look at a star player sideways will have Orr on his ass next shift causing mayhem. Yes, oftentimes stupid penalties result, but I think he gets the point across well enough that there's a psychopath protecting that guy. And as I've heard a few times from ex-players, it's those penalties that the PK'ers are out there trying to kill with just a bit more gusto than normal. The "defend your teammate" penalties.

I still like Belak a lot but having Orr here makes me realize the difference between a heavyweight tough guy and a true enforcer.

grind your soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Orr-Rosehill-Belak, anyone? I know none of them are Centres...but the thought is pretty cool. No one would **** with them.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:

That Andy girl is cute.

Hurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:52 PM
VL

Quote:

I remember watching that a while back and thinking that it was kind of funny that both Giguere and Orr grew up cheering for what are now defunct teams.

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Hawkey1967
Tim Horton

It's a Canadian actor named Jared Keeso

Hawkey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Baba Ganoush

i`d like him better if wilson would stop playing his line against opposing teams` top lines. ridiculous on wilson`s behalf.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
i`d like him better if wilson would stop playing his line against opposing teams` top lines. ridiculous on wilson`s behalf.
How often does that happen?

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
How often does that happen?
way too often.

Old
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
way too often.
Examples?

The guy plays 5 minutes a game and is -3 for the season. Doesn't seem like the other teams top lines take much advantage "too often".

Old
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

More like hardly ever.

I think Baba just caught a quick glimpse of Orr on the ice while Crosby celebrates his second goal of the night (?).... but note the K-B-K line was coming on just before that goal in the 2nd occured.

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Skim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
Belak has the best sense of humor. He and Dean Blundel were a good combo.
That is the first thought that came to mind when I saw Belak's name mentioned.

Skim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Baba Ganoush

is there even a stat that shows that stuff? if so, i'd love to see the site...but seriously, why ask me for examples? you really expect me to be like "oh yea, on december 16th, 18 minutes mark of the 2nd...also, january 4th early in the 3rd period" ?? i don't know how i can give you examples other than from watching games.

4th lines get caught on the ice against better players....it happens. i just find it happens way too often with our 4th line, considering they only play a few minutes per game. when our 4th line is on the ice against other teams' 4th line, we are usually in the offensive zone...but it's the dead opposite when our 4th is out there against a scoring line....and i just find our 4th line gets pegged in our own zone way too often. whatever though.

Old
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
glucker

Quote:
is there even a stat that shows that stuff? if so, i'd love to see the site...but seriously, why ask me for examples? you really expect me to be like "oh yea, on december 16th, 18 minutes mark of the 2nd...also, january 4th early in the 3rd period" ?? i don't know how i can give you examples other than from watching games.

4th lines get caught on the ice against better players....it happens. i just find it happens way too often with our 4th line, considering they only play a few minutes per game. when our 4th line is on the ice against other teams' 4th line, we are usually in the offensive zone...but it's the dead opposite when our 4th is out there against a scoring line....and i just find our 4th line gets pegged in our own zone way too often. whatever though.
you could check the box scores, they tell you who was on the ice for each goal... but that doesn't tell you the full story, and it's not exactly feasible

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:41 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:

That's not what you said though, you blamed Wilson. You said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush
not the same as being "caught on the ice".

Old
03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
EazyB97

Wilson was using him at the end of Ovechkin's shifts, since AO likes to take 2 minute shifts and it would wear down our checkers. I only remember them being on for 1 goal against and it wasn't really a big breakdown by Orr. Sometimes he'll use the 4th line off an icing to wear down the other teams better players as well. That's the only examples I can think of and the 4th line did well in those roles.

EazyB97 is online now   Reply With Quote